As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I am being discriminated against at work for being young and thin

twiggy327twiggy327 Registered User new member
I work in an office bldg, in my mid twenties and in pretty good shape. Have 2 kids and do crossfit 4-5 days a week and eat healthy. The US is famous for our obesity rate so its not hard to imagine that most of the women that work in my office are middle aged and over weight. Other than a couple younger girls I dont really talk to any of the women (i try but they kind of just blow me off). Ive recently been promoted and given one of the few offices in my dept and since im so much younger than most of the other ladies they were not happy that I got it. Most of them have been working there for 10+ years and Ive only been working there 4. Ive heard people talking about me in the bathroom and didnt know I was there. Saying, "You know she got that office because soandso has a thing for her. Its so unfair shes only been here how long. Im going to HR and see what can be done about it, I earned that office 5 years ago." I never said anything or came out of the stall because i dont like confrontation and I def dont need it at work. Another time I was in the lunch room whining with 1 of my 3 work friends about how sore we were from the WOD, I overheard another lady whisper to the women at her table, "O yes it must be terrible being you waa waa." I work hard for my body! I workout everyday during my lunch and eat rabbit food while they eat burgers and read magazines! I earned it and my promotion too! Heavy people say that they are treated poorly by "thin" people but I think its the other way around! I am sick of those women being crappy and jerky for no reason!

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    This uh

doesn't sound like discrimination.

At all.

This sounds like a bunch of women in an office setting being gossips.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    No advice appears to be being sought.

This discussion has been closed.