As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Renegade [Chat]

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I wanna meet the guy who sold the name Days of Future Past

what an awful name, how did that make it through

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious‌ I think we have encountered an unexamined idiosyncrasy

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jacob, I just watched the episode of Arrow with the Suicide Squad. So much "YES!"

Excellent!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Arrow Easter Egg Spoiler:
    The Ostrander Suite made me squee. The Harley Quinn Cameo made me smile. I'm glad they got Tara Strong for that. I just realized that Diggle's Ex-wife will be recruiting people to fight the Anti-Monitor.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i dunno, i don't think eye conditions are very common knowledge

maybe i'm being optimistic in thinking that most people would not directly mock someone for having an eye problem

because that's, like, staggeringly rude and cruel?

it's grade school shit

i imagine people in their twenties being, on average, more mature and considerate than that

is that optimistic?

Have you met Chu?

?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »

That was Claremont when he was basically the biggest rock star Marvel had.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    i dunno, i don't think eye conditions are very common knowledge

maybe i'm being optimistic in thinking that most people would not directly mock someone for having an eye problem

because that's, like, staggeringly rude and cruel?

it's grade school shit

i imagine people in their twenties being, on average, more mature and considerate than that

is that optimistic?

Have you met Chu?

?

We make fun of your eyes all of the time. I mean not once have we given you a cool nickname like Ragnar One-Eye.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Chubert Crow's Eye

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    The Ostrander Suite made me squee. The Harley Quinn Cameo made me smile. I'm glad they got Tara Strong for that. I just realized that Diggle's Ex-wife will be recruiting people to fight the Anti-Monitor.
    Anti-Monitor? where the fuck...

where is this show going

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Alright, here's my finished Starbound ship, in three parts

Bridge Tower, containing the bridge, server room, workshop, sickbay, transporter room and airlock:
    1024x542.resizedimage

Aft Section, containing engineering, water recycling, cargo bay, agricultural bay:
    1024x542.resizedimage

Fore Section, containing crew quarters, mess hall, captain's quarters, and crew lounge:
    1024x542.resizedimage

so much work, every block and item was placed one by one by hand, complete with stuff like inlaid wiring and duct work and plumbing

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    @Evil Multifarious‌ I think we have encountered an unexamined idiosyncrasy

how so

• Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

where is this show going
    During Crisis on Infinite Earths, a character named Harbinger recruited heroes to help the Monitor. She used the alias Lydia Michaels. Which is the name of Diggle's ex, and she uses the code name Harbinger. It's likely just an easter egg. Crisis would be way too big for Arrow to even go near.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »

That was Claremont when he was basically the biggest rock star Marvel had.

I guess if rock stars couldn't get away with dumb names we wouldn't have Bono.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Watching an episode of Law and Order: SVU guest starring Alec Baldwin. Late in the show a guy walks out of an office saying "why do I always have to tell that guy to always be closing?". I got that like Captain America.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

where is this show going
    During Crisis on Infinite Earths, a character named Harbinger recruited heroes to help the Monitor. She used the alias Lydia Michaels. Which is the name of Diggle's ex, and she uses the code name Harbinger. It's likely just an easter egg. Crisis would be way too big for Arrow to even go near.

ooooh ok

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    You can make your spaceship in Starbound now?

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    we have hardwired facial recognition systems in our brains

things that alter the shape of faces mess with our perception of people on a very basic level

eye patches are one of those things

some people react to that inappropriately because they are jerkbags incapable of extending common courtesy to strangers

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Pony I haven't seen you around lately, yo! How was the sleep study?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

things that alter the shape of faces mess with our perception of people on a very basic level

some people react to that inappropriately because they are jerkbags incapable of extending common courtesy to strangers

I mean

People use that same system to read and they don't flip out at letters >.>

...which is why illiterate people are better at faces

(more seriously, the entire system is designed to recognize faces regardless of obscuration, I don't think you can blame this particular thing on low level neuroscience)

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Pony I haven't seen you around lately, yo! How was the sleep study?

I was double-booked so they sent me home, and a new slot isn't open until June, which is after I will have moved to BC.

I'm on a cancellation queue, so if someone cancels they'll call me

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I still haven't seen any of True Detective.

But since the theme song got posted here, I have been listening to that Handsome Family album constantly.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    The simple biotruth is that some people inherit the jerk gene and are just jerks as a result.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    squirtle

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    You can make your spaceship in Starbound now?

well

I can

because I know a secret

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I mean

(more seriously, the entire system is designed to recognize faces regardless of obscuration, I don't think you can blame this particular thing on low level neuroscience)

you might note that my "because" has nothing to do with the neuroscience

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    well that was the worst game of lol ever

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh man this Giant Bomb GDC thing is amazing.

Just took Paul Barnett to task over Dungeon Keeper iOS

• Options
    with regards to faces

a side effect of my stroke is that i used to get periodic bouts of prosopagnosia

you can wiki that

it's fucking awful

it's a living nightmare

i haven't had it happen in a few years but when it did happen it was horrid

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    jungle yi starts at blue

lux and i go to help him

before he finishes killing blue he runs into bottom lane and drops a ward.

top goes 1/13/2

bottom lane opponents are super-aggressive, i'm basically tower-hugging

lux runs into the river, gets killed, but i manage to kill both of the opponents immediately after for a double kill. lux says "graves why didn't you help?"

we're 14/44 at 20:00 and a surrender vote fails

what the fuck

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I mean

You said "here is a neuroscience phenomenon, some people react poorly to that because they're jerks"

And while they are jerks, I'm just saying that I don't believe the neuroscience phenomenon is related at all. I don't believe people are reacting poorly to facial obscuration, I believe people are reacting poorly to someone who's different in a way they aren't used to.

• Options
    Need to pee, but I don't want to have to put on clothes so I can get to the bathroom.

Woe is me.

• Options
    dat lol

• Options

I mean

You said "here is a neuroscience phenomenon, some people react poorly to that because they're jerks"

And while they are jerks, I'm just saying that I don't believe the neuroscience phenomenon is related at all. I don't believe people are reacting poorly to facial obscuration, I believe people are reacting poorly to someone who's different in a way they aren't used to.

...it was a silly attempt at poking fun at evopsych

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Need to pee, but I don't want to have to put on clothes so I can get to the bathroom.

Woe is me.

this is why god invented bathrobes

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

I mean

...it was a silly attempt at poking fun at evopsych

Sorry, I missed that ><

• Options
    chu what sucks about this is

i am 95% sure that if you were in a white collar office and wore a patch in

people might glance at first as they got used to it

but no one would say shit to you

• Options
    I don't want to have to put on clothes so I can get to the bathroom.

I don't understand.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

I don't understand.

Housemates, presumably >.>

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

I don't understand.

Housemates, presumably >.>

Not seeing the relevance. :>

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    HELLO. HELLO HELLO HELLO

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.