As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fall of [Chat]

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Excitingly I have a message but can't open my inbox :(

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    russia and venezuela are providing wonderful demonstrations of the fact that it is possible to draw all the wrong lessons from hitler's particular fit of pique

aRkpc.gif
    the akp will probably outlast erdogan

aRkpc.gif
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming that's a way around the Twitter block?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    It's google's dns server, which lets you evade dns-based isp blocks

aRkpc.gif
    the first reddit comment on that news is the old rallying cry: that the internet routes around censorship. it is very quaint.

aRkpc.gif
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Worst part of being dehydrated, going pee in a small bathroom.

ewww.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Holy shit the tomato plants in the bedroom have produced fruit*.

I didn't even think they'd survive.

*A single tiny tomato

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    band store didn't have this shirt in my size, so i went a size larger

this thing is practically a tent and I feel embarrassed wearing it

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I have no idea what game today's comic is about.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Crowbar doesn't cater to the sub XL crowd.

• JamesJames Registered User regular

band shirts never fit me properly

they just become lazy clothing for at home only

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Infamous: second son.
    I think.

sig.gif

Crowbar doesn't cater to the sub XL crowd.
    haha, it's a La Dispute shirt

it's a limited edition shirt run (I think they only made 100 or so?). I'm normally an XL, but they were out of everything that wasn't 2XL or XS, so I figured I might as well grab the bigger one

I can see this getting relegated to gym clothes pretty quickly because hopefully it will only start fitting worse as I lose weight

James wrote: »

I've noticed EU bands either use Fruit Of The Loom or Gildan. As a big dude, FotL can be a big snug in the chest but are a nice length whereas Gildan are hella loose in the chest but not long enough.

The last few shirts I've bought online have been American Apparel, which seem to be a really nice compromise of length and chest size.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

Infamous: second son.
    I think.

I thought it was some fantasy game with a Roma setting.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man. If Turkey's firewall and blocks as ISP DNS based, they are doing something wrong. Not that I'm a fan of censorship, but that's like, middle school level dodging the man.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have been talking to this girl on and off for a few weeks now and she really likes me, and I think she's pretty cool, but she is in a poly arrangement with her roommates and apparently every single thing we talk about has been one over by them and feedback has been offered. "Oh, I think he's blah blah blah." "Well, I think he's (foo)." Sometimes in real time when I thought we were alone.

I am not really sure I like having my shit open for community review. I am not a signatory to their articles of hippie confederation!

@Jacobkosh (wow.. amazing what the autocomplete fills out there!)

A good friend of mine is Poly, and has been in multiple poly relationships since I've known him. I can't say I've always agreed with his decisions, but one thing has been hammered home to both him and in his many times telling me about his love life:

A poly relationship only works if two basic tenants are present: Everyone in the relationship is comfortable and open about it, and rules and guidelines are laid down regarding the position of everyone in the relationship. Like, if there's a primary couple, the rules need to be laid down that said couple's needs come first, and that said couple will respect the needs of the third. Or if one poly partner is dating a monoamorous person (is that even a word?), said partner needs to be okay with sharing.

It's really hard. You've got stigmas of polyamorous people being polygamists, swingers, sex fiends, adulterers, and so on even before you reach the true issues of the power dynamics and STDs in the community. Another poly person I know of was in a really unhealthy relationship where a child was involved, and that child was basically neglected or put down or used as an example of doing things wrong by the primary couple towards their kid. Luckily said person got out of that relationship... eventually.

I'm not poly. I'll never be poly. But I'm supportive of my friend, as long as he isn't letting his passions turn him into an idiot. He's... gotten better about that in the last 2 years, thankfully. I'm supportive of his lifestyle, and on some level I can understand his thoughts that he's an oppressed minority, albeit one that is easy to hide if he wanted to thanks to being a white middle class male. But I've made it clear that his lifestyle isn't something I want to hear about day to day. Because if there's one thing a guy who's never been on a date before wants to hear about, it's how many problems a guy has for dating multiple women.

But anyways. Yeah... That's a really long winded way of saying talk to her. There are resources out there too on being with a poly person when you aren't.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch

I've noticed EU bands either use Fruit Of The Loom or Gildan. As a big dude, FotL can be a big snug in the chest but are a nice length whereas Gildan are hella loose in the chest but not long enough.

The last few shirts I've bought online have been American Apparel, which seem to be a really nice compromise of length and chest size.

american apparel is where its at

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    Anyone else just getting a blank page occasionally when refreshing or navigating on the forums? Just a big ol' white page.

EDIT: Also a fair few 'Error while performing your request' notifications.

Bogart on
    Bogart wrote: »
    Anyone else just getting a blank page occasionally when refreshing or navigating on the forums? Just a big ol' white page.

yuuuup

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

bunches

fuck gendered marketing
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hello folks. Are the forums on the fritz again?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah.. I was debating posting to the bug report forum, but I figured it was just me so I didn't.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    There's already a bug forum thread about something similar, so I'll post in that.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I was going to Agree, but there was an error performing my request.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    I see the rest of the world gets to see the new Captain America before America. Haha.

I see the rest of the world gets to see the new Captain America before America. Haha.

All the Marvel films have been like this, and actually it's been a trend for the last few years.

It lets the films build hype overseas when they know they'll be critical and commercial hits.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Captain America, more like CRAP-tain LAME-rica.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

1860_4_321.jpg

rRwz9.gif
    oh come on, penny arcade and reddit having problems at the same time

now what am i going to do

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Actual work?

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

penises don't give 404 errors

I'm just saying

rRwz9.gif
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I'm just saying

They don't?

Shit...

i need to consult a physician.

Athenor wrote: »

All the Marvel films have been like this, and actually it's been a trend for the last few years.

It lets the films build hype overseas when they know they'll be critical and commercial hits.
    nah

most piracy is from America and Russia

it's to mitigate damage from a bunch of 13 year olds posting camtain.america.xvid.x264.HD.1080p [700mb] all over the English speaking internet

Captain America, more like CRAP-tain LAME-rica.

tumblr_luu8s4gN911qa6o0s.jpg

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

I'm just saying

They don't?

Shit...

i need to consult a physician.