Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Fall of [Chat]

12357100

Posts

  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cops Ticket Cronut-Carrying Jaywalker In Brooklyn, Blame De Blasio

    this is deblasio's new york

    can't even jaywalk with a cronut

    LETS MARCH ON CITY HALL

    Shazkar Shadowstorm
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2014/02/19/i-had-to-laugh/
    We could, of course, throw out historical verisimilitude. But we’re not going to. Because we value that verisimilitude far more than we value the opinion of a few whiny women who don’t play the sort of games we make anyhow.
    I am the lead designer of First Sword, a combat management game. The game has orcs and men, elves and dwarves. It has goblins and trolls. But it has no women.
    Guys, historical verisimilitude!

    women didn't exist in the past

  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2014/02/19/i-had-to-laugh/
    We could, of course, throw out historical verisimilitude. But we’re not going to. Because we value that verisimilitude far more than we value the opinion of a few whiny women who don’t play the sort of games we make anyhow.
    I am the lead designer of First Sword, a combat management game. The game has orcs and men, elves and dwarves. It has goblins and trolls. But it has no women.
    Guys, historical verisimilitude!

    women didn't exist in the past
    I know you're joking but they really didn't coexist with goblins OR trolls so

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I should stop faffing about but eh

    ftOqU21.png
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    022814subway.jpg

    THIS IS WHAT GENTRIFICATION LOOKS LIKE

    "Irond Will"
    I briefly glanced at this picture and said "that looks like the L train"

    Then I saw the LCD sign and my opinion was confirmed.

    Fukkin Billy Burg.

    this is what we call a "hip slip"

    never woulda called it that if it weren't for me

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    the fuck is a cronut?

    Gonmun
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    the fuck is a cronut?

    donut/croissant

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2014/02/19/i-had-to-laugh/
    We could, of course, throw out historical verisimilitude. But we’re not going to. Because we value that verisimilitude far more than we value the opinion of a few whiny women who don’t play the sort of games we make anyhow.
    I am the lead designer of First Sword, a combat management game. The game has orcs and men, elves and dwarves. It has goblins and trolls. But it has no women.
    Guys, historical verisimilitude!

    women didn't exist in the past
    I know you're joking but they really didn't coexist with goblins OR trolls so

    no that makes sense

    but they also didn't exist alongside men either

    historical accuracy!

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    the fuck is a cronut?

    donut/croissant

    i'm ok with this

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    In the past humanity reproduced through asexual reproduction.

    Women did not exist.

    They are recent.

    This is why men are better fighters.

    03x29di.png
    VanguardDemonStacey
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    It really shows a lack of imagination that a person can't imagine trolls or orcs as having completely different sexual dimorphism.

    ronyaInfamyDeferred
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    oh my god

    people are discussing the sexist gender-based stat limits in AD&D and justifying them

    Cant you just roll your weird dice and play make believe without that rule?

    oh for sure, but it is incredibly amusing watching people debate this

    also, no one who knows anything about games actually plays AD&D anymore

    Elldren
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I'd revolt but it's spring break and i've already blocked out this time for porn and cronuts

    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Vanguard
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    the fuck is a cronut?

    donut/croissant

    i'm ok with this

    Go wait on the line. Pick me up one too. I got 20 on it.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

    idgi

    captain slow does not come for booty

    fuck gendered marketing
    Delmainoverride367
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    the fuck is a cronut?

    donut/croissant

    i'm ok with this

    they are surprisingly underwhelming

    like, i never want the two experiences combined as donuts tend to be a little denser and croissants are the flaky butters awesomeness

    the cronut has neither the denseness nor the flakiness of either

  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    022814subway.jpg

    THIS IS WHAT GENTRIFICATION LOOKS LIKE

    "Irond Will"
    I briefly glanced at this picture and said "that looks like the L train"

    Then I saw the LCD sign and my opinion was confirmed.

    Fukkin Billy Burg.

    this is what we call a "hip slip"

    never woulda called it that if it weren't for me

    that's a transitive hip slip, as I heard Deebs say it, not you.

    you said "the burg" like there was only one of them, and that pegged the needle on my hipster-gauge.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    oh my god

    people are discussing the sexist gender-based stat limits in AD&D and justifying them

    eat-popcorn-3D.gif
    -2 str (girls are weaker than boys)
    +2 cha (girls are hot)

    there are people literally making these arguments in the thread

    where women get bonuses for all charisma based checks when dealing with men that scale as the ratio of men:women increases

    you've never been in the army I take it

    ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

    idgi

    captain slow does not come for booty

    I know

    but it was still amusing, to me

    ftOqU21.png
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    022814subway.jpg

    THIS IS WHAT GENTRIFICATION LOOKS LIKE

    "Irond Will"
    I briefly glanced at this picture and said "that looks like the L train"

    Then I saw the LCD sign and my opinion was confirmed.

    Fukkin Billy Burg.

    this is what we call a "hip slip"

    never woulda called it that if it weren't for me

    that's a transitive hip slip, as I heard Deebs say it, not you.

    you said "the burg" like there was only one of them, and that pegged the needle on my hipster-gauge.

    but i believe i told deebs about billy burg

    so it's like you heard it from me

  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    oh my god

    people are discussing the sexist gender-based stat limits in AD&D and justifying them

    eat-popcorn-3D.gif
    -2 str (girls are weaker than boys)
    +2 cha (girls are hot)

    there are people literally making these arguments in the thread

    where women get bonuses for all charisma based checks when dealing with men that scale as the ratio of men:women increases

    ugh so heteronormative

    fuck gendered marketing
    CindersShivahn
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Y9kwHXg.jpg
    hMWcm3M.jpg

    ftOqU21.png
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    oh my god

    people are discussing the sexist gender-based stat limits in AD&D and justifying them

    eat-popcorn-3D.gif
    -2 str (girls are weaker than boys)
    +2 cha (girls are hot)

    there are people literally making these arguments in the thread

    where women get bonuses for all charisma based checks when dealing with men that scale as the ratio of men:women increases

    you've never been in the army I take it

    being in the army = / = playing elves

  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Seeing grimes in a 30 person venue was pretty great I will admit. Katy perry lacked that...intimacy... Katy.... I want to be intimate...

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Elendil
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    022814subway.jpg

    THIS IS WHAT GENTRIFICATION LOOKS LIKE

    "Irond Will"
    I briefly glanced at this picture and said "that looks like the L train"

    Then I saw the LCD sign and my opinion was confirmed.

    Fukkin Billy Burg.

    this is what we call a "hip slip"

    never woulda called it that if it weren't for me

    that's a transitive hip slip, as I heard Deebs say it, not you.

    you said "the burg" like there was only one of them, and that pegged the needle on my hipster-gauge.

    but i believe i told deebs about billy burg

    so it's like you heard it from me

    ummm...it's been Billy Burg for a wwwwhiiillllleeeee, yo.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Nerds. What are they good for?

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, don't @ me
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    bab91b8909475a8a9a4936b31816efd4d530e1e7af1f99068626c74025341b44.jpg

    Tav
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    plz do not call it billyburg u sound dumb when you do imo

    plz do not ticket ppl for jaywalking in nyc that's stupid there are customs and unwritten rules that say it is ok in this city

    plz give me a cronut

    poo
    EddyVanguard
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    In the past humanity reproduced through asexual reproduction.

    Women did not exist.

    They are recent.

    This is why men are better fighters.

    this is utter nonsense

    clearly when humanity reproduced asexually men didn't exist

    fuck gendered marketing
    Shivahn
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    It really shows a lack of imagination that a person can't imagine trolls or orcs as having completely different sexual dimorphism.

    dwarves grow outta stone

    aRkpc.gif
    Elldren
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    022814subway.jpg

    THIS IS WHAT GENTRIFICATION LOOKS LIKE

    "Irond Will"
    I briefly glanced at this picture and said "that looks like the L train"

    Then I saw the LCD sign and my opinion was confirmed.

    Fukkin Billy Burg.

    this is what we call a "hip slip"

    never woulda called it that if it weren't for me

    that's a transitive hip slip, as I heard Deebs say it, not you.

    you said "the burg" like there was only one of them, and that pegged the needle on my hipster-gauge.

    but i believe i told deebs about billy burg

    so it's like you heard it from me

    ummm...it's been Billy Burg for a wwwwhiiillllleeeee, yo.

    no

    it was billy burg

    now it's simply

    the burg

    l2hip

    Eddy
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Chy9SNN.jpg
    This appears to be kind of condescending.

    Couscous on
    ElldrenRMS OceanicInfamyDeferred
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    It really shows a lack of imagination that a person can't imagine trolls or orcs as having completely different sexual dimorphism.

    or no sex

    like in Warhammer

    fuck gendered marketing
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i kept thinking hip slip was somehow referring to the lady in white by the doors

  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i kept thinking hip slip was somehow referring to the lady in white by the doors

    are you talking about being born

    like you

    slipped

    out

    yo

    mamas

    hips

    god i feel gross just typing that

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    plz do not call it billyburg u sound dumb when you do imo

    Fine "Williamsburg" is no longer "Billy Burg". It's now "The Home of the HBO Girl's Tour"

    Happy?

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    no no

    wardrobe malfunction

  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    It really shows a lack of imagination that a person can't imagine trolls or orcs as having completely different sexual dimorphism.

    or no sex

    like in Warhammer

    all orks are girls fyi

    obF2Wuw.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    how u sexy ppl doin

    poo
    surrealitycheck
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Nerds. What are they good for?

    absolutely nothing

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
    Shazkar ShadowstormbowenRear Admiral Choco
This discussion has been closed.