As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2014 East Carpool Thread?

UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
Searched the forum but there doesn't seem to be a carpool thread for 2014 East. Is anyone interested in carpooling up to Boston from NYC?

• Options
    MaiuMaiu Registered User regular
    If you can't find a ride, I recommend any of the buses; I prefer megabus. South Station is an easy walk to the con.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I was actually planning on offering a ride to Boston and back. Just to defray my costs and make the drive more fun.

UnnDunn on
  • Options
    locallyunscenelocallyunscene Registered User new member
    I would, but I just booked my tickets on megabus. For anyone planning to take the bus they just put them up and some of them are still a dollar.

• Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Does there happen to be anyone else looking to carpool? I live in New York, about an hour north of Albany, and I'd much rather carpool again this year then take a bus.

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    SilcrisSilcris Registered User regular
    UnnDunn i'm interested when are you headed down/ up?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Gonna head up there on Thursday afternoon and come back on Monday morning. I can come back on Sunday night if necessary.

UnnDunn on
  • Options
    SilcrisSilcris Registered User regular
    Can you PM me? my e-mail is silcris881@gmail.com. I'm in manhattan.

• Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    anyone have a bike rack on there car and takin the mass pike?id like to bike around boston rather then spend a bazillion dollars on the T and bus.

• Options
    monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    anyone have a bike rack on there car and takin the mass pike?id like to bike around boston rather then spend a bazillion dollars on the T and bus.

You can use their bike sharing, Hubway and they have a rack near BCEC. I have used NYC's one, Citibike, and it has been good. That way you will not have to worry about your bike (stolen, return during bad weather, breaking the bike, etc.) and you do not have to worry about the rack. It would cost $12 for the entire weekend (72 hour period)

Also the T and other public transit methods would be $18 for whole time so it is a little less the bazillion you described.

monkosh on
    iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • Options
    lol i forget i did more then the usual pax goer traveling last year.ill have to check out hubway.i googled bike rentals and some places wanted like 30$ for the weekend.

• Options
    T3CHN0B4BBL3T3CHN0B4BBL3 Registered User regular
    UnnDunn wrote: »
    Gonna head up there on Thursday afternoon and come back on Monday morning. I can come back on Sunday night if necessary.

If you still have room my girlfriend and I might be interested. I was going to drive as well, but might as well save some money and meet people by carpooling :D

• Options
    TeholTehol Registered User new member
    Im driving down from detroit on thursday and coming back monday. If anybody is from the area I dont mind carpooling. Or if your on the way down I can pick you up. as long as its not too far out of the way.

• Options
    anybody got an open spot heading to and from pax?im in west springfield,MA not to far from the mass pike 2-3 miles.(i assuming thats what most people are taking once they his the mass boarder).

• Options
    unremittingunremitting TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I'm driving from Toronto if anyone needs a ride, I cross over near Niagara and take the interstate to the Masspike

unremitting on
  • Options
    will you be taking 91 south down to the mass pike?

• Options
    More then likely I'll be on I 90

• Options
    anyone leaving friday rather then thursday?

• Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    I'm going to be driving up on either Wednesday or Thursday (arriving in Boston Thursday). I live in South Carolina, is anyone interested in ridesharing/caravaning? (looked for another thread on it, didn't find one related to this region)

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have at least one, possibly two seats (depending on how much luggage you need) available in my 2006 Pacifica (heated leather seats, etc) coming from Cleveland across I-90 (Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany)... or for the right parties, we could probably detour through I-80/84 central-PA and CT land. Modest contribution toward gas/parking required.

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2014
    I have at least one, possibly two seats (depending on how much luggage you need) available in my 2006 Pacifica (heated leather seats, etc) coming Thursday from Cleveland across I-90 (Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany)... or for the right parties, we could probably detour through I-80/84 central-PA and CT land. Drive back is *Tuesday* (Two of us are enforcers and need to tear down Monday.) Modest contribution toward gas/parking required.

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    Intended route:10m5vtx9sjoh.jpg
    Alternate route: kjg7ge0zi6zm.jpg

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    This thread seems pretty barren but worth a shot...

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I will be driving solo from Manhattan to Boston 4/10-4/13 and would very much like to offset some gas cost. If you're sorta on the way, I would more than gladly offer you a ride as long as you help pay for gas/tolls.

I can comfortably fit 3 more people.

email me at unlucky777[a]gmail.

• Options
    yea alot of people are taking the train or bus.im hoping ital be cheaper to carpool with someone rather then paying for a train or bus.i just got a room fo9r all 3 nights so im lookin to see if anyone wants to stop in west springfield MA to grab me,i can pitch in for gas as well.

• Options
    yea alot of people are taking the train or bus.im hoping ital be cheaper to carpool with someone rather then paying for a train or bus.i just got a room fo9r all 3 nights so im lookin to see if anyone wants to stop in west springfield MA to grab me,i can pitch in for gas as well.

Meh, I can do it...

• Options
    Wat day are you heading up and what day are you leaving?

• Options
    Leaving Thursday afternoon, returning Monday morning.

• Options
    damn,i only got the hotel till sunday.

• Options
    ontothenetsite1ontothenetsite1 Registered User regular
    Is anyone coming through the DC area or Norther Va? I'm looking for the cheapest way there and back

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Anybody headed west on Monday? I'm out of my hotel on Monday and have a ride into PAX on Thursday, but me & my PC will need a ride home (I'm a short 20miles west of Boston and a short detour off of the Pike).

Worst case I can take the T and a cab home but that'll cost me ~$22, I'm hoping to keep it ~$5

This is what it would look like if you are going west of I495 and dropping me off: http://goo.gl/maps/j6DXy (A is the BCEC, B is the apartment complex I am in, C is Pike west before I-495)

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    Is anyone coming through the DC area or Norther Va? I'm looking for the cheapest way there and back
    Not going to pass through DC, because I don't want to get stuck in the Richmond/DC/Baltimore traffic cycles, but I'm planning on taking I-81 up Wednesday from the deep south and staying in Harrisburg, PA that night before driving into Boston Thursday. If you're able to meet me near the I-81 route Wednesday afternoon, and willing to chip in for gas for the ride from there, I've got an open seat.

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    ceadonceadon Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    Anyone heading down i95 in Maine Friday morning?

ceadon on
  • Options
    I am leaving Toronto Thursday morning and will be returning Monday. I have 2 spots open

• Options
    ratcatfishratcatfish Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    Last minute post. I'm planning on driving up from NYC on Friday and coming back Sunday if anyone wants a ride. Just looking for a travel buddy/someone to chip in for gas. It'll be fun!
    email me at ratcatfish[a]hotmail.com

ratcatfish on
  • Options
    conno2hdconno2hd Registered User new member
    Hey there me and my friend are staying at the America's Best value Inn in Foxboro. It's quite a bit from the BCEC and we were wondering if there is anyone in the area who would be willing to pick us up? We wouldn't mind paying money especially on Sunday, the train arrives at noon at the latest...

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would really help us out!

• Options
    I sent you my number if you need a ride

• Options
    d.TFFoSd.TFFoS Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ----

d.TFFoS on
  • Options
    Paxman90Paxman90 Registered User regular
    anybody happen to be driving down from NH today or tomorrow? I drove down yesterday and would like to avoid it today if possible...