As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Friday, March 21, 2014 - Combuskible

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, March 21, 2014 - Combuskible

Combuskible

Combuskible

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/03/21

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Mr. MaskMr. Mask Registered User regular
    How exaggerated is this view of street musicians?

• stadisticadostadisticado Registered User new member
    May I remind you, as C&C has shown us, that going back in time to kill Hitler isn't always the optimal outcome?

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    May I remind you, as C&C has shown us, that going back in time to kill Hitler isn't always the optimal outcome?
    It'll just get reverted to the last edit anyway.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Been playing infamous for about 2 hours now. It's pretty great.

This PA comic has enhanced my enjoyment of the game, because now I am hunting down street musicians mercilessly.

Did you know that there's an achievement for killing 10 of them?!

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the link to the coat Kiko made was supposed to go to in the newspost? Seems like Tycho accidentally linked to gametrailers twice.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Mr. Mask wrote: »

In the sense that they deserve the abhorrence of all right-thinking human beings, not at all.
    dennis wrote: »
    Anyone know what the link to the coat Kiko made was supposed to go to in the newspost? Seems like Tycho accidentally linked to gametrailers twice.

OK so I wasn't the only one confused by this.

Gaslight on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Aw man is this out?

Dumb store I have a bunch of store credit with still doesn't have any PS4s.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    So, Jerry, where is this awesome coat for the game?

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Street musicians are hit and miss. Several years ago at the Hard Rock in San Francisco there was a dude wailing out some awesome Hendrix style music. It was the first time in person I'd seen an instrument case out open with change and dollars haphazardly thrown in. And you know what? That dude was earnin' it.

• hateseededhateseeded Registered User regular
    Incoming "Dickwolves"(tm)-esque tantrum from Jewish community. Actually, no, not really.

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpanzee.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    What's the difference between a (street) musician and a large pizza?

The pizza can feed a family of 4.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What's the difference between a (street) musician and a large pizza?

The pizza can feed a family of 4.

Oh my god Josh.

• ZenbryoZenbryo Registered User regular
    I honestly just can't get past that beanie. I really believe that hat will probably keep me from playing the game. Shallow? Maybe. Honest? Definitely.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Hey guys. Been playing infamous for about 2 hours now. It's pretty great.

This PA comic has enhanced my enjoyment of the game, because now I am hunting down street musicians mercilessly.

Did you know that there's an achievement for killing 10 of them?!

The developers clearly condone murdering them.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I guess I don't really understand why people wouldn't like street musicians?

I guess I don't really understand why people wouldn't like street musicians?

I think it's some perception that street musicians are somehow not real musicians. Jewel started as a street musician that lived in her car, then worked her way up. I've got tons of respect for it.

I guess the only way to be actually critical of street musicians is if they have no ambition to at least line up gigs to play at clubs. That assumes they aren't trying though.

Some can be really annoying. There's some teenager/college student in one area downtown who I loathe because he only plays a bunch of songs like Good Riddance over and fucking over in literally the best spot to sit and enjoy the outside.

God help him when I get my fire powers.

• GnarlGnarl Registered User regular
    I'd say it's safe to assume Treme wasn't Tycho's favorite show.

• Train DodgerTrain Dodger Registered User regular
    Unless it's Miracles of Modern Science performing in the street, in which case you'll probably toss a twenty their way.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nah, actually street musicians are pretty cool. Maybe I haven't spent enough time in cities that have them all over the place, but the vast majority I've run into were good.
    Also this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM

steam_sig.png
  • ChaosPathChaosPath Registered User regular
    Mr. Mask wrote: »

As someone who has street musicians outside his office building on a daily basis for a majority of the year, I would say that setting one on fire all at once like that shows incredible compassion

• buckybonebuckybone Registered User regular
    As long as he's not killing the Peruvian pan flute bands...

• Maoi NekoMaoi Neko Registered User new member
    Did anyone else get the "I hate them so much because my social upbringing wont let me be one" vibe? Ala homophobia?
    I picture a young Tycho charmed by the performers, then chastised by his mom and told a story about how they are evil people who microwave kittens for their crazy mystical science experiments. Or puppies. Puppies would be pretty Hitler-esque too.

edited March 2014
    Maoi Neko wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the "I hate them so much because my social upbringing wont let me be one" vibe? Ala homophobia?

Wow.

No, I'm going to guess nobody else did.

Tycho, it is worth mentioning, is a musician himself. I rather doubt he has suppressed latent busking lust, though.

Busk-lust.

Gaslight on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Man, killing street musicians is nothing. The sign twirlers are where it's at.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Won't lie

An extremely enthusiastic sign twirler spinning around like crazy makes my day

Quid on
    Sign twirlers evoke pity rather than rage.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It'd be nice to see sign twirlers. Instead, the local mattress sellers just have 15 or so people stand out at various intersections with liquidation sale signs, looking like they hate life. Even worse when kids are involved.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    A Little Caesar's where I used to live would literally prop a sign against a man in a wheelchair and make him stay there all day.