As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Day 1 East pin-line meet up.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I would meet up with you guys...but my brain squirrels won't let me wait that long to get in line...

I'm planning on heading to wait in line at 5am....because the squirrels demand I do so. >.<
    I was thinking 6 but that will be to early.
    I will be town Wednesday night 500 a day pin will go fast.

Totally didn't catch the meaning of that last sentence. haha.
    Touch keyboard sucks lol.
    Just saying the 10 year pins will go fast only 500 a day.
    I plan to be in town Wednesday night.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Gojira_DudeGojira_Dude Dark Lord of the Kaiju TN, USARegistered User regular
    Alright, so this isn't certain by a long shot but if I can convince my wife, I might be able to make it to East this year. The only catch is that I need to make it "cheap" enough to convince her. It would only be myself going. I know asking in the general Pax East threads is a better bet but I'd rather ask my Pinny Pals first.

I was wondering if there's a Pinny group that is sharing a hotel room that might have room for one more?

GOJIRA DUDE: ALL YOUR PINS ARE BELONG TO US.

Trade Me!!!- http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=gojira_dude
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I would meet up with you guys...but my brain squirrels won't let me wait that long to get in line...

I'm planning on heading to wait in line at 5am....because the squirrels demand I do so. >.<
    I was thinking 6 but that will be to early.
    I will be town Wednesday night 500 a day pin will go fast.

Totally didn't catch the meaning of that last sentence. haha.
    Touch keyboard sucks lol.
    Just saying the 10 year pins will go fast only 500 a day.
    I plan to be in town Wednesday night.

Ah. yes...I know. Unfortunately that is why I feel the need to go super early to stand in line. :/

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Alright, so this isn't certain by a long shot but if I can convince my wife, I might be able to make it to East this year. The only catch is that I need to make it "cheap" enough to convince her. It would only be myself going. I know asking in the general Pax East threads is a better bet but I'd rather ask my Pinny Pals first.

I was wondering if there's a Pinny group that is sharing a hotel room that might have room for one more?

It might not be a bad idea to check the Room Share thread on the PAX East board if nobody here has anything for you (my room is totally full otherwise I'd invite you in myself).

edited March 2014
    I really appreciate that AC.

I've been going over the threads here but does anyone have a good idea which hotel most of our Pinny Pals are staying at?

Gojira_Dude on

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I'm still in the process of sorting my room out. I may well have space to share for Thursday to Monday. Give me 48 hours and I'll confirm. Pin Pals get first shout. Westin Waterfront.

Thanks so much, Pedro. I'll try and let you know definitively where or not I'll even be going within the next 48 as well. This is really a last minute decision on my part and I know I'll be scrambling if I do go. I am definitely headed to Prime.

I just want to say that this online community has been one of the best I've ever associated with. You guys have been so helpful with trades and many other things. I really feel a certain comradery among us Geeks. It's something I haven't felt since before I moved to a new town two years ago. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in real life at some point. Beers on me (if you're over 21). :smiley:

Looks like I'm out for East this year. Still primed for Prime, though.

Looks like I'm out for East this year. Still primed for Prime, though.
    See you at prime then, I plan to do the same thing I think.

My Pin collection
  • RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    Zerzhul just pointed me to this thread. YAY! I have buttons made and already arrived at my house. They're on the Buttoneer site!
    Ok so, I added my name to the GoogleDoc... What is this Pin Pal Lanyard? (It's my first PAX)

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
    Renneesme wrote: »
    Zerzhul just pointed me to this thread. YAY! I have buttons made and already arrived at my house. They're on the Buttoneer site!
    Ok so, I added my name to the GoogleDoc... What is this Pin Pal Lanyard? (It's my first PAX)
    Welcome to the team.
    http://www.pinnypals.com/ pin lanyard you can enter the pins you own online and trade with other people.

My Pin collection
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    Renneesme wrote: »
    Buttoneering is not the same as pin trading. They are unrelated, but many people participate in both. I did point you here, but in the context of pinny arcade pin trading, since you were asking about the booths that have pins :)

zerzhul on
  • RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    Thanks! I'm very interested in doing both, you're right!

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
    Welcome to our group!

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I have now looked at the schedule, and come up with the following plan for the Meet-ups.

Thursday: Board games, probably a bar.
    Friday: Breakfast, followed by a Swarm on the Merch booth and Queue room. Lunch around noon, the Mike and Mike Show queue, Friday night concerts, probably a bar.
    Saturday: Breakfast, Make a Strip queue, Lunch, Omegathon Round 3 queue, Saturday night concerts, ClubPA, probably a bar.
    Sunday: Breakfast, Lunch, AI queue, PA Pin Trading, Omegathon Final round, probably a bar.

Note that you don't have to attend any or all of these. It's pretty much just a shorter version of my PAX schedule, plus caffeine (am) and alcohol (pm). I'll be using the PinnyPal twitter account to keep everyone as updated as possible, and I'm sure that Manic2k will be retweeting relevant PA stuff. But these will be places you can swap Pins, news and con stories.

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    That fits in pretty well with my personal schedule. Plan on hitting merch first thing Friday, and then Make-a-Strip and AI Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Plus I also run on caffeine and alcohol.

• oraclehkroraclehkr Registered User regular
    Oh man, I'm so psyched that everyone is going nuts for this already. I live in Boston and would absolutely be down for a meet up. Added myself to the google doc. One thing I'm curious about is to see if the pin that Scott is going to have for PVP will be the same one offered in his kickstarter. That would be a bit annoying.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    I have now looked at the schedule, and come up with the following plan for the Meet-ups.

That is a lot. You might want to focus on only a few main meet ups to maximize the people that show up to those.

Whenever they are, I'll hit up what I can fit in. Certainly the Thursday one I should be able to hit up assuming its close to the BCEC and maybe the breakfast ones depending on time and location. I'll need to be at the center by 7:30 to help manage you hordes as you stream in and make sure you don't trample each other on the way to the merch booth.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    oraclehkr wrote: »
    Oh man, I'm so psyched that everyone is going nuts for this already. I live in Boston and would absolutely be down for a meet up. Added myself to the google doc. One thing I'm curious about is to see if the pin that Scott is going to have for PVP will be the same one offered in his kickstarter. That would be a bit annoying.

I've posted this a few other places but I've actually ask Scott about this. Yes it will be the same pin. He said that he ordered the minimum run from PA, which from Pedro asking Gabe questions we have deducted to probably be 300(since he is kind've internal at PA). With this being the case over half of those are already taken by his Kickstarter. What he told me was IF he had extras from the Kickstarter, then he would be bringing those to East. By the time of East he will know how many were needed for the Kickstarter.

My guess is if the kickstarter ended with say 215 orders with that high enough tier, there would probably be something like 70 available for purchase at East IF we are correct on the 300 print run.

So thats the long answer...short answer is: Yes, it will be the same pin...but there probably won't be many of them at all.

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    This is starting to run off topic, and I apologize for that, but it seems really weird to me that the minimum print-run isn't even a third the size of the "limited edition" pins.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So, do you guys want to set up a schedule for Friday AM to go pin hunting as a group? Start at the merch line and then move onward?

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, do you guys want to set up a schedule for Friday AM to go pin hunting as a group? Start at the merch line and then move onward?

I don't know if I can dedicate to anything until getting through the merch line. As soon I get into the BCEC I get as excited as a five-year-old that that just walked into FAO Shwarz for the first time. I just want to see and do everything!

Beker wrote: »
    PedroAsani wrote: »

That is a lot. You might want to focus on only a few main meet ups to maximize the people that show up to those.

I'd prefer to have people able to come to a few smaller, more frequent ones. The idea isn't to have everybody at every one. Just a place to trade Pins and information throughout PAX. Some people might just come to one a day. Others might check in throughout with tips such as "Leeroy Jenkins was [location] ten minutes ago, heading to [place]" which I can then pass on to people.

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Just added my name to the Doc! I'll be getting in Thursday around 4pm, and leaving Monday at 12. Left twitter up there as well, which will probably be the easiest way to contact me! I'll also most likely be hanging around @PedroAsani, so I'm sure we'll all run into each other.

So I have the room for the Westin Waterfront, Fri-Mon. Anyone needing a share, let me know. Still working on the Thursday.

• DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Ok so where exactly are we all gonna meet up for breakfast and such on Friday anyway? I tend to get into the queue line at Prime at 7am and have no idea how the queuing for East will work, and my paranoia would like some details x.x

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I'd be totally down for an early Friday morning meet-up. To wait in line, hit the expo floor merch, and go from there.

Breakfast at the Westin is from 6:30am. If there is a place that does it earlier, or that is closer, let me know.

6:30 would give everyone enough time to carboload for a day of pins.

So, the plan is to grab breakfast somewhere (as a family!) and then queue up around 8 a.m. for an eventual sprint towards the Merch booth at 10?

Bingo. I'm sure some of us will want to go after different pins after the merch booth, but we'll have a grand ole time.

• Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    If I'm not working morning shift I am definitely down to meet up! Otherwise I'll be sad and have to figure out how to get pins before they sell out :(

I rather like the image of us Swarming the poor guy in the Leeroy Jenkins outfit.

But yes, I think if we all head to the queue between 7:30 and 8:00 we should be set up for a couple of hours trading, playing games and finishing the bacon you smuggled out in a napkin. (Just me?)

I'll meet you guys in the morning! I already crave pre-sprint pancakes.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but pin trading was moved to Saturday at 5pm

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'll be driving into Boston on Friday, so I'll be seeing you guys in the merch booth line. After that I'm thinking either going after Leeroy or the Project Spark pin.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but pin trading was moved to Saturday at 5pm

Can you link it?

Bah, guidebook hasn't updated yet

I'm down for 6:30 at the westin.

My Pin collection
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    6:30 would give everyone enough time to carboload for a day of pins.

So, the plan is to grab breakfast somewhere (as a family!) and then queue up around 8 a.m. for an eventual sprint towards the Merch booth at 10?

I thought you could get to the merch booth at 8 or did I read something wrong somewhere?