As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pin Presentation/Display solutions and pictures

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    huh really? The 15th anniversary came in a plastic wrap though?

Either way do stores or even ebay sell plastic wraps that size so I could just wrap it myself? Might sound kinda weird but I like em in the wraps

I'm hoping that we can work out something to ensure the Pins come protected. Whilst the padded envelope works fine when you order just Pins, when you order other Merch the Pins have a habit of falling off the cards, getting bounced around/trapped under flaps, etc.

I'm hoping there is a better solution in the works.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I was super bored tonight, so I laid out whatever pins I currently have that are on the poster.

I do have Twisp/Catsby coming in the mail tomorrow (guess I should've waited).

That DLC spot is going to be very lonely for a very long time...

12605188624_7394bf2fa6_h.jpg

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    I like your paperweights.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    They were the closest things I had that would suffice :P

I will eventually frame this, I just need to not be lazy... and finish the set...

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I played so much Dragon Power as a kid. Yay Yard Sales!!!

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    I was super bored tonight, so I laid out whatever pins I currently have that are on the poster.

I do have Twisp/Catsby coming in the mail tomorrow (guess I should've waited).

That DLC spot is going to be very lonely for a very long time...

12605188624_7394bf2fa6_h.jpg

how do the pins hold up once the poster is lifted? I was worried it would shred through.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The cardboard is more than thick enough to hold them all.

You'd have to pin it to the wall or something though, tape wouldn't be strong enough.

Actually I'm really not sure how we were supposed to hang a poster with a bunch of pins sticking through it at all? Has anyone actually done that?

The cardboard is more than thick enough to hold them all.

You'd have to pin it to the wall or something though, tape wouldn't be strong enough.

Actually I'm really not sure how we were supposed to hang a poster with a bunch of pins sticking through it at all? Has anyone actually done that?

That's basically my worry. You could probably get some cardboard or something to sit behind it if you plan on framing it, but i'd imagine its just for show otherwise.

I plan to get a thickish frame with some type of material behind it. My photo was of the poster on a floor with all of the pins just sitting on their spots with their backs still on.

• Gojira_DudeGojira_Dude Dark Lord of the Kaiju TN, USARegistered User regular
    So my big question is about the plastic bags. Should I take the pins out to display them? If I do, does it really hurt the future value? Should I really care about that?

Arrrgghhh!!! These questions are warping my fragile, little mind.

GOJIRA DUDE: ALL YOUR PINS ARE BELONG TO US.

Trade Me!!!- http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=gojira_dude
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    So my big question is about the plastic bags. Should I take the pins out to display them? If I do, does it really hurt the future value? Should I really care about that?

Arrrgghhh!!! These questions are warping my fragile, little mind.

I'm taking the plastic off as well as the cardboard, but I will save them for wrapping future trades. There is room in the back of the displays for that.

Thanks for the reply, Pedro. I suppose that I've thought of the pins sort of like action figure collectibles.

Well, I think that I have decided that I will display them in the proverbial nude.

• DarthMonachusDarthMonachus Doctor Hershey, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Finally got my pins all mounted together. I used black foam board made by Elmer's from Michael's craft store. It was pretty cheap, about $8 for a pack of 3 boards this size.

mod edit: removed embed of > 500k image
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/il/a0ljcmk9mdp6.jpg

zerzhul on
  • odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I like that layout.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please don't upload/embed images > 500K.

I like that layout as well. It's cool that the sets are connected together but not bunched up so.

Are you planning on framing it with the board or just having the board displayed?

• DarthMonachusDarthMonachus Doctor Hershey, PARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the compliments! Planning on framing eventually.
    Sorry, didn't know about >500k image thing...

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah looking at that makes me want to redo my display and just put all my pins in together.

• scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    My display hasn't changed much, but it has changed configurations and coasts, and managed to get some Disney spies. Anyway, worth a re-share:
    t436bxt35kqg.jpg

I got those canvas cork board squares and painted them with sparkly black paint. I like how it turned out.

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
    Foam core works really well as well. I have mine in a shadow box on it.

@Scrattatat how do you post the pictures like that, I can seem to figure it out.

Think i got it Here is my set up with my trades, in packing filling in the blank spots on the foam core. I have this now in a Shadow box.
    zm76ur3f9pi1.jpg

Pins.jpg 493.4K
    I think you've set that pic as your humongous sig pic, man.

Looks like you worked it out.

Nice collection btw.

Ok sweet, I think it was because of the signature. And thank you!!

• scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I wasn't here to see your plight live, @odinson83‌, but I'm glad you made it through. You can put the whole thing in a spoiler tag as well if you want it to be collapsible:
    [Spoiler][/Spoiler]

Also seconded, very nice collection!

scrattatat on
    a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
    Awesome, I will do that next time! Thanks for the help!!!

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So after a very successful Pin Haul at PAX East, thanks to cabbie98 and our AWESOME group, the Pin Masons, I've made the final decision to put all my pins in a binder. Eventually i'd need several, plus any pin ultimate folders, i think it would look really good all together on a shelf. There's just not enough wall space in my room to display them all, and im not a fan of only showing my favourites, or a few special ones. I like to have them all together. I ordered this one:

safepub.com/sections/pin-collecting-display/pin-albums/p/compact-album-with-5-pin-pages

A little pricey, but it looks really well made, and comes with a nice looking slip case.

I'll write up a full 'review' when I get it.

for reference: oi44.tinypic.com/2lus4qv.jpg
    my current display method, simple cork board, obviously no more room for any more pins unless I move them closer to eachother

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    That last link doesn't seem to be working.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    both work for me : /

the second is just a photo of my pins, nothing special. link might have expired as its from a while ago

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    The last link works for me too. Thanks for posting that binder, that's very interesting to see.

Konig Wolf wrote: »
    pins2013_zps095f78fa.png

Not the greatest image quality, taken with my phone. Just wanted to have a record of my collection from 2013. I have the Pinny Arcade poster, but haven't taken it out of the poster tube. Waiting until I get a larger shadow box to fit it. I'll try to get a better image using a better camera when I have the poster with all the pins attached to it.

Would love to see more of everyone else's collections up to this point!

I have a shadow box similar to yours, and I've posted about this before somewhere ( I don't remember which thread), but when I bought it, it seems like the pins won't hold unless i push them all the way through the box itself. Someone suggesting buying styrofoam or some sort of cork, but I was just wondering what you did, or if anyone has any suggestions!

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    That Pinny Arcade Authorized Dealer sign you have is cool. I saw a woman at East who took the pin poster to the staff trading event, and ask them to sign by their box. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. HEY POSTER LADY!

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    Insaneloon wrote: »
    The last link works for me too. Thanks for posting that binder, that's very interesting to see.

It's working for me now too.

• Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular

I have a shadow box similar to yours, and I've posted about this before somewhere ( I don't remember which thread), but when I bought it, it seems like the pins won't hold unless i push them all the way through the box itself. Someone suggesting buying styrofoam or some sort of cork, but I was just wondering what you did, or if anyone has any suggestions!

I got the shadow box at a Michaels along with a foam core backing that I had to cut to fit inside.

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    The amazing Kristin Lindsay gave it to me. Looking forward to seeing your collection!

One thing I'm most interested in seeing is how everyone arranges their Pins. Aussie Ben's custom merch-colored shadowbox is one of my favorites. I also enjoy how some have surrounded the Lookouts Crest with the rest of the set and Hanna. It makes me wonder what other clever things can be done to show off various sets, and maybe instead of one large shadowbox, perhaps I should have several smaller displays as some people have done. Showcasing each type of set in its own shadowbox could look brilliant. As fantastic as the Pinny Arcade poster is, it would seem kind of boring if everyone used that as their layout. Then again...

His Pins look incredible on it, they really stand out with the different colored backgrounds. I hope they have another one next year for all the new Pins!

Hey all, I'm new to the Pinny community (I just started trading this past Sunday at PAX East), but I'm super excited and have been giving this some thought. I agree that there's some neat arrangements like the Lookouts one (that's how I arrange mine; didn't know other people were doing that too!). Here are two ideas I've been toying with:

- Use a map of Westeros (or Middle Earth, etc.) as the background and divide the pins into factions
    - Create 5 "timelines" (PAX Aus, East, Prime, Core sets, and Misc) and then place your pins in order of their mint date

I have a few other ideas, but they're not really fleshed out yet

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • ShraaPNullShraaPNull Registered User new member
    ge15trogxvhh.jpg

I had Mine on display like this at PAX 2014.... You may have seen me. I Think its way more impressive looking to display the entire collection with a Trade section/ Duplicates section at the bottom. I was able to go from 43 uniques with over 50 Duplicates to I think 100 Uniques over night! That pinny Trading event was a god send. Im also looking to trade my extra D%D pin for a Leeroyjinkins pin.

PINS.jpg 406.9K
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    edited April 2014