As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Just Bought a Car, So Let's Have a [Car Thread]

19495969798100»

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Are the spec options the same across the base GT-86 and BRZ? I recall that the BRZ came with more as standard here. Not sure about the MX-5 though, besides that the roof comes off.

The BRZ has the higher-spec interior in it as stock, Toyota offer the FT-86 and the FT-86 GTS (with the nicer interior and a higher pricetag, but still a couple of grand cheaper than the BRZ).

The best thing about the FT-86 is you can put a set of decent tyres on it, drive it into almost any tuning shop worth the sign hanging over their front door, and they can bolt on a supercharger kit, exhaust, and re-tune it to bump the power up from 147 kW to 230-240 kW in a couple of hours.

Then you go to the racetrack and battle Porsches. I think there'd be nothing funnier than cutting faster lap times than some douche in a 911 in a car that cost (including mods) 1/6 what his did, and then strongly hinting that money can't buy talent afterwards...

Eh, people have been doing that shit for years in RX-7's and other stuff. If you want a track-day crybaby maker, just get a Super 7.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Because RX-7s and Caterhams are totally cars you can drive every day without wanting to go on a murderous rampage after a short while, yeah...

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Because RX-7s and Caterhams are totally cars you can drive every day without wanting to go on a murderous rampage after a short while, yeah...

Oh please, the super 7 is great in the snow.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that total lack of insulation and the leaky convertible top that is fiddly and slow to put up are awesome in inclement weather!

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    stickers prices here

BRZ: ~$27,000 (Toyota/Scion 26k)
    base model 911 no addons: ~$85,000

Turbo S: ~$185,000

I should just buy a bunch of porsches and then sell them in Australia. someone get me a boat

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Can't do that with currently available models. Also, there is still import excise, stamp duty and GST to be paid on cars you bring in. You might find a kick-arse mint condition R32 GTR V-Spec in Hokkaido for $8500, but by the time you're actually driving it here you will have ended up paying about $20k.

This discussion has been closed.