As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE WELEATHERTHREAD (weather thread)

CelloCello Registered User regular
edited March 2014 in Social Entropy++
Rain or shine, snow or sleet? I wanna see what the weather is like where you live! This may or may not be because I want to pretend I live there instead.

I'll start. This is what the second day of spring looks like outside of my window in Ottawa:
20140322_104613.jpg

This may also be a thread for complaining about how despite it being the second day of spring, there's snow on the ground and more snow on the way and I just want to remember what the sun looks like okay

Steam
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
Cello on

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    @Chimera‌ thread

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm happy it's still snowing :blush:

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

See, I really like snow! In November. And December. And January. It starts getting a little tiring by February. And then it's supposed to be gone in March! A year ago yesterday it was +25 Celsius here. And instead it was like, -10. I just want to stop wearing boots for a while!

Steam
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I live in far southwest Michigan and yesterday it was 32° and snowed 1/8" in the morning, was sunny and 60° by 5PM, and was raining and 40° by midnight.

Such is normal this time of year.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »

See, I really like snow! In November. And December. And January. It starts getting a little tiring by February. And then it's supposed to be gone in March! A year ago yesterday it was +25 Celsius here. And instead it was like, -10. I just want to stop wearing boots for a while!

Bring on the long night!

• VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    I thought this said LEATHER THREAD and got real, uh... excited... for a moment.

Here in Perth, Australia, it's still mostly sunny and warm, around ~30 Celsius. Got out first rains for the year recently too, so there's that.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's only rained three times today! I think that means it's spring, or the sog giant is wiping his arse or something. Whatever happens in Britain when it isn't drizzling.

I think the queen declares a holiday or something.

I lost an eBay auction for toothbrush heads because Britain hasn't grasped the concept of network coverage. I know it's not weather but it's vaguely atmosphere related and I'm really angry.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Britain thread

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Steam
    it was our sun first

bugger off

Solar wrote: »
    it was our sun first

bugger off

it really wasn't.

hypothetically there was a sun here once

you know it's not impossible

Solar wrote: »
    hypothetically there was a sun here once

you know it's not impossible

myths and lies!

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I saw the sun all day yesterday - the 30+ mph winds pushed the clouds away!

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Today it is 32 degrees (0 for you GODLESS CELSIUS PEOPLE) and kinda windy which means it's near perfect for my tastes, if it was 40-45 then it'd be perfect

this was something I took during THE POLAR VORTEX, I live on the sixth floor of a dorm by the way:

e2XRlju.jpg?1

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    let me see if I can find the video of the dude in toledo with the cup of boiling water flash freezing in the air when it was - 40 f.

here we are
    http://youtu.be/lwHi5T4cBqM

that was in January.

weather!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck weather. It was 3 degrees this morning and windy as Fuck..

I'm needing some warmth soon or I'm going to punch weather in the mouth.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's been nice and chilly here in Seattle but holy shit this pollen ugh

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    It hailstoned today.

• MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    A little hazy and breezy in the bay
    ikODnDN.jpg

l3icwZV.png
    I might get up into the 60s by the end of the month I guess.

But it's been in the upper 50s this week on and off and that is weather I can do without a jacket.

Birdfeeder! Do you get many?

edited March 2014
    Oh man yeah birdfeeders.

My neighbors have one.

Last year I saw a Cardinal It's the state bird.

Also weird thing we keep getting eagles or falcons or something around here these days, Huge wingspan birds flying really high up anyway, more than any seagull I've seen.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I'm mourning the equinox. I like darkness.

.. literal darkness.

Also every time I tell people I want to move to England they invariably ask, "But what about the weather?"

That's part of the reason why!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Yep! Tons of hummingbirds around the area. We've also got 2 seed feeders up, so we get plenty of wrens and pidgeons. Our cat is not as pleased at the birds as we are, though.

l3icwZV.png
    Just googled a Cardinal - wow! They're magnificent! I only see sparrows, blackbirds and pigeons in the city centre so I'm jealous of people with nice birdfeeders and a variety! I might get one myself. I threw some seed out of my window the other day and it did nothing.

Hummingbirds?? Ohhhh you lucky sod, I've never seen one ever, I would love to so much!

Sorry Liiya I think Cardinals are a Americas only type bird according to wikipedia.

Another one us colonials have up on you Europeans.

I think you're right there Uriel, you win this round America.

These guys are super cute too. We get a lot of them during early and late winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Tree_Sparrow

So tiny.

I also dig Bluejays but they are rare.

Liiya wrote: »
    Hummingbirds?? Ohhhh you lucky sod, I've never seen one ever, I would love to so much!

They're surprisingly aggressive; with feeder setups like ours, you'll often see a single hummingbird claim it and chase off any others, even though there's plenty of nectar. Little jerks.

l3icwZV.png
    Uriel wrote: »
    These guys are super cute too. We get a lot of them during early and late winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Tree_Sparrow

So tiny.

I also dig Bluejays but they are rare.

Those are like our sparrows! They are so tiny yeah, very sweet!

Blue jays look like a pokemon or something, our birds aren't nearly as brightly coloured as yours!

photo from a recent hike:
    F02uuEF.jpg

l3icwZV.png
    Machwing wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

They're surprisingly aggressive; with feeder setups like ours, you'll often see a single hummingbird claim it and chase off any others, even though there's plenty of nectar. Little jerks.

Oh! I didn't realise that they were like that! There's plenty to go around, hummingbirds.

Machwing wrote: »
    photo from a recent hike:
    F02uuEF.jpg

This is amazing.

I kinda wish Ohio had things to see.

Nothing here but corn fields.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Our weather has been a sunny 58-60 degrees that I haven't seen, due to having my past week completely destroyed by a cold and/or sinuses. I really hope it's a cold, but I'm betting my miserable nature will last this whole pollonous season.

VayBJ4e.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We have so many kinds of great birds in the US.

SpottedTowhee.jpg

Like the Spotted Towhee.