As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fall of [Chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Oh PHP

you are 11 pounds of shit in a 10 pound bag
    In addition to static typing, they've introduced proper closures that capture the lexical environment, generics, collections, and array shapes. The Hack website has more details. There's a fairly complete language manual, tools to infer types in PHP source and annotate the code, and source available under the PHP license.

http://hacklang.org

Yeah I need to learn that.

the issue that prompted my post would not have happened in Hack

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    This day has gone to utter shit.

Still haven't had lunch yet.

:( wat hapen

An absolute deluge of patients, followed by a transfer where the accepting hospital took a process that usually takes 10 minutes and drug it out for two hours. On a goddamned emergency transfer. Their admins will definitely be hearing about it, because ours were livid.

Thankfully, wifey came in the clutch, ordering pizza, coffee, and Dunkins for the unit and having it delivered, placating us before we all went Donner party.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @TehSloth‌

so i got the Y-cable, and hooked everything up. changed my laptop to have headphone jack as an input, not an output. when i play stuff on the tractor, the volume bar kicks up - it's definitely receiving input. but the laptop won't output it through the speakers. is there any way to do that? i want to so i can try to use the headphone jack in the traktor itself as intended - like a cue monitor

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    What is shacksauce?

Delicious extract

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Do you ever feel really gross like just

The least attractive person in a crowded room

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    g68d1b34b.png

I can't imagine any better response to WBC's vile picketing.

I can. Ignoring them.

Giving them a lesson in manners is something I'm down with.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

i felt like the dumbest person in a not so crowded room yesterday

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    @TehSloth‌

so i got the Y-cable, and hooked everything up. changed my laptop to have headphone jack as an input, not an output. when i play stuff on the tractor, the volume bar kicks up - it's definitely receiving input. but the laptop won't output it through the speakers. is there any way to do that? i want to so i can try to use the headphone jack in the traktor itself as intended - like a cue monitor

umm, i dunno how to do it on a mac

on windows you go into recording devices, right-click the microphone, go to properties, there's a tab at the top called listen, and then you check the listen to this device box.

edit: Googling says check out some free program called LineIn, or set up a vocal track or something in garageband and turn the monitor setting on -- the second one might be laggy though.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Every day

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    is there any advantage to using safety razors? i have some gift money from work to the art of shaving and can't decide if i want to throw down

otherwise it is the ivory handled shaving cream brush

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

i felt like the dumbest person in a not so crowded room yesterday

was it a mensa meeting in a small town?

brain surgeon convention in a village?

rocket scientist gathering in a hamlet?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

yes

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Vanguard wrote: »
    is there any advantage to using safety razors? i have some gift money from work to the art of shaving and can't decide if i want to throw down

As opposed to cartridges, or as opposed to straight razors?

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    @TehSloth‌

umm, i dunno how to do it on a mac

on windows you go into recording devices, right-click the microphone, go to properties, there's a tab at the top called listen, and then you check the listen to this device box.

edit: Googling says check out some free program called LineIn, or set up a vocal track or something in garageband and turn the monitor setting on -- the second one might be laggy though.

yeah i think what's happening is that the macbook shuts off internal speakers automatically when something is plugged into the headphone jack... apparently even if the headphone jack is set to input sound, not output. i'm gonna check out this line in thing now and see the dealio, thanks

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

yes

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

yes

Well you are more likely to get cut, but on the other hand you're less likely to get cut.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

I've always wanted to learn how to shave with a straight razor. However, I shave so little of my face these days that I don't think that it would be worth it.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

Oh man that's my default setting.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I find I get horrendous razor burn with cartridge razors

Safety razors I'm fine with

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    g68d1b34b.png

I can't imagine any better response to WBC's vile picketing.

I can. Ignoring them.

Giving them a lesson in manners is something I'm down with.

And that's fine. It's a difference of opinion. I think the best way to delegitimize attention whores throwing a tantrum is to not give them the ink they crave. I understand the alternatives as well.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hmm, didn't think that the electricity would be turned off already at the new house. Figured we had until the end if the month. Trying to get everything all ready so we can move in feels like swimming upstream.

• Options
    Kagera wrote: »

I psyche myself up with "yeah dude. You're unattractive. This is known. At least you have your shit kind of together... Maybe?"

I need to fire my internal hype man

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I psyche myself up with "yeah dude. You're unattractive. This is known. At least you have your shit kind of together... Maybe?"

My hype man occasionally leads me to bite off more than I can chew.

But most of the time, having excess confidence is pretty baller.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

yes

Well you are more likely to get cut, but on the other hand you're less likely to get cut.

it would involve me spending $30ish

hmmmm

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

My hype man says we should grab dranks tonight with Sean and German girl

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    So many people at the mall today. I don't know why that terrifies me so much today. I've done this before.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Oh PHP

you are 11 pounds of shit in a 10 pound bag
    In addition to static typing, they've introduced proper closures that capture the lexical environment, generics, collections, and array shapes. The Hack website has more details. There's a fairly complete language manual, tools to infer types in PHP source and annotate the code, and source available under the PHP license.

http://hacklang.org

Yeah I need to learn that.

the issue that prompted my post would not have happened in Hack

That's pretty fucking hot. Like, I have a web design semi right now.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So an audio interface I have been meaning to buy is 33% off right now, making it 100 bucks instead of 150.

And some guy in williamsburg has a dream microphone of mine for 150 bucks below retail.

Hrrrmmmmmmm.

hrmmmmmm.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

An absolute deluge of patients, followed by a transfer where the accepting hospital took a process that usually takes 10 minutes and drug it out for two hours. On a goddamned emergency transfer. Their admins will definitely be hearing about it, because ours were livid.

Thankfully, wifey came in the clutch, ordering pizza, coffee, and Dunkins for the unit and having it delivered, placating us before we all went Donner party.

I'm glad you made it through that.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

My hype man says we should grab dranks tonight with Sean and German girl

My hype man is telling me I have better chance of getting laid tonight if I stay home.

And imma gonna be honest. Kinda want that more at the moment.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I want someone here with me.

• Options
    my hype man won't stop blasting the air horn

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    japan wrote: »
    I find I get horrendous razor burn with cartridge razors

Safety razors I'm fine with

Given I electrolyze, safety razors are generally better for this reason.

Plus like

razor burn on a lady

not the best look

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    My inner hype voice is appropriately hyped about pan-fried gyoza dinner.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I have no internal hype man.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what a hype man is

• Options
    @TehSloth‌

LineIn does exactly what i needed it to. you da man

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

I'm glad you made it through that.

Thanks, but I've got three hours left :\

This discussion has been closed.