As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Risen from a 60 million year slumber, the SE++ [Warhammer 40000] thread

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pffft, 40k ain't metal like Lamb of God

40k is metal like Bolt Thrower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxU0C8XoLns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSM-ihNGHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Y3iSKOeJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-A5eZM2MfE

I mean, they literally have Imperial Guard and Space Marines on their cover.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Yeah but Bolt Thrower ain't as good though.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    shut

your

fucking

mouth

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    My mouth is open RANK. Open and a'flappin'. And there ain't nothin you can do.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    nothing, you say

• Options
    I DO SAY.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Geth, ban user Metzger Meister from this thread

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Information propagation is slow. Many voices speak at once. We do not understand how you function without consensus, @Metzger.
    Banned @Metzger (8 points for 30 days) for "Meister from this thread"

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Mattitude wrote: »
    Wow, I did not know Space Marine Centurions were a thing.

Cool?

no

I LOVE BEING HUGE

• Options
    I think that settles it.

Bolt Thrower it is.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    wait

fuck

whoops

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    stupid geth

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    call it a draw?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you'd better believe that's a paddlin'

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I purchased all my Guard back when they were quite as crazy priced. I can't even imagine starting them now.

$1200 for ~10 infantry squads, two stormtrooper squads, two Vendettas, two Russes.

You probably have like fifty fucking grand of IG dude.

At a rough count off my head I have 4 full plastic Cadian platoon. A full platoon of metal Kasrkins, full platoon of metal Mordians, full platoon of metal Steel Legion, full platoon of Elysians, full platoon of metal Vostroyans. A platoon of Last Chancers and another platoon of Gaunt's Ghosts. A half platoon of Rouge Trader Imperial Army. Like ten Sentinels. 15 Leman Russ equivalents. 6 Chimera, 3 Baneblade equivalents, three Basiliks, an old Griffon, three deathstrikes. An unknown quantity of heavy weapon teams. A Warhound Titian. 9 Valkyries. 1 Vendetta Gunship. 1 Thunderbolt, 1 Arvus Lighter. Like one squad of Death Korps of Kreig.

I think there are others I might be forgetting. A lot of it was acquired from other people so I didn't pay nearly full price. Like the Warhound was a restoration effort.

Other forces:
    Full Battle Company of Dark Angel Space Marines.
    A large Grey Knight army.
    Partial Crimson Fists army.
    Random other stuff like a bunch of Orks.

Also I hand painted everything there. All my Guard I painted.

Yeah 15 Russ variants alone is $750 retail,.

What are you calling a full platoon? PCS + 5 squads?

Yeah.

Also each of my sentinels is piloted by a member of this forum an I've kept detailed kill records for each.

Cool note: If you play the IG expansion for Dawn of War 2 there is a meltagun that was given by the CO of my fictional regiment, that I created, to the game's commander so my made up regiment is kinda official. Hector Penny commander of the 6th Arcadian Infantry. They are called "Penny's Arcadians."

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Sporksporksporkspork. <3

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sporksporksporkspork. <3

LAW!!!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    stupid geth

This is why it's called an "abominable intelligence", Rank.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Sporksporksporkspork. <3

LAW!!!

You... have time again?

• Options
    Sporksporksporkspork. <3

LAW!!!

You... have time again?

Kinda? But I don't really have any drive to play.

• Options
    Sames. Go to gencon and then I'll go to gencon and we'll be at gencon.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Sames. Go to gencon and then I'll go to gencon and we'll be at gencon.

Last time I was in the game store I saw that Space Marines got one man space fighters and I said, fuck this shit.

That said, I still have all these Beastmen and still kinda want to play Fantasy again. I am currently undefeated. Unlike my IG which is currently like 1:5 win loss ratio.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    You're going for accuracy, not competitive play. True to fluff the IG never win.

• Options
    You're going for accuracy, not competitive play. True to fluff the IG never win.

Oh I know, I usually had a blast playing. Just like 3/4 of the players around here were chaos marines and it just got old.

• Options
    that @Metzger.

such a rascal!

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I never got into the table top but I do like the lore of 40k. I read pretty much anything by ADB and DA as well as all the Heresy novels. Some interesting things in the HH books but they have altered some of the lore a bit.

Just finished The Unremembered Empire
    By the Emperors holy pubes did they not give Vulkan any cool down after Vulkan lives. Dawnbringer happens to teleport him into the atmosphere of Roboute's world. Has gone completely insane after finally escaping Curzes labrynth. And then gets a spear made from the energy unleashed by Big E long ago and is now trapped in stasis. Guess the whole, no one knows what happened to Vulkan after the Dropship Massacre was just done away with.

Also why the fuck was every Loyal Primach in the Galaxy all in the same system at the same time? Was Calth the only system between Isstavan and Terra? Roboute, Lion, Vulkan, and then Sanguinious. Dorn is the only one on Terra, Corrax is like Fuck...I got mutants now. And I guess we find out about Khan in the next book.

Also after reading the books so far. The entire Heresy boils down to "God Damn it Erebus"

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Orks are cool, but I'd rather go fantasy and play lizardmen

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Looking at all these painted models makes me sad that I have absolutely no skill in painting them.

Then I look at the prices and I don't feel so bad anymore.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Looking at all these painted models makes me sad that I have absolutely no skill in painting them.

Then I look at the prices and I don't feel so bad anymore.

Speaking of money, this is my current project (not my minis, thank the Emperor):
    deathwing4.jpg

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    oh man

The next Guant's Ghosts book is called The Warmaster.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    hi what is this thread doing here and why did i decide to vamoose the week this happened

because LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT AARON DEMBSKI-BOWDEN AKA MY FAVORITE WARHAMMER WRITER AND WHY CADIAN BLOOD IS A LEGIT GOOD BOOK

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    So tell us

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    What? no

that's ridiculous who talks about things

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

That is all.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

That is all.

Oi youze gits.

You think a propah WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH gets done so quick when allz those pink squishy runts are runnin' around?

It's all when I sez itz all, so quit muckin' about before I crump yaz!

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    oh man

Don't get your hopes up. Warmaster is technically the title given to the leader of any Crusade composed of forces from more than one sector.
    Ie, pretty much any major crusade declared by the Lords of Terra. Although for obvious reasons generally he's called something else (generally Lord Solar, like Lord Solar Macharius, the greatest of all Lord Solars as well as an Alexander the Great expy).

Likewise Chaos bestow the title on any Lord that unites several different factions. You might be a warmaster even if you only command a fighting force of a few cruisers and a squadron of Infidel raiders...

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    oh man

Don't get your hopes up. Warmaster is technically the title given to the leader of any Crusade composed of forces from more than one sector.
    Ie, pretty much any major crusade declared by the Lords of Terra. Although for obvious reasons generally he's called something else (generally Lord Solar, like Lord Solar Macharius, the greatest of all Lord Solars as well as an Alexander the Great expy).

Likewise Chaos bestow the title on any Lord that unites several different factions. You might be a warmaster even if you only command a fighting force of a few cruisers and a squadron of Infidel raiders...

Have you not read the Ghosts series?
    This likely means the Ghosts are finally meeting up with the front of the crusade where Warmaster Macaroth is. Along with Brin Milo and possibly even the reincarnated Saint Sabbat as well.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    hi what is this thread doing here and why did i decide to vamoose the week this happened

because LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT AARON DEMBSKI-BOWDEN AKA MY FAVORITE WARHAMMER WRITER AND WHY CADIAN BLOOD IS A LEGIT GOOD BOOK

Best Chaos Marines in the entire Black Library.

I need a sequel to Void Stalker so badly.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    So far the only strike I have against ADB is that in the Emperors Gift, the Battle of Armageddon only gives you one perspective of the fight on the ground. But then everything that happens afterwards goes back into awesome territory.

• Options
    I really want that sequel to Double Eagle Abnett promised. I really liked Double Eagle.

Cadian Blood is my favorite one off.