As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS4] Playstation NOW (Gaikai) is announced and detailed - Beta coming later this month

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'm fairly positive that all new copies of Second Son come with Cole's Legacy, regardless if preordered or just bought on the spot.

I ordered it on Amazon, their page blurb says it's included.

*edit* Oh, the only versions on Amazon are the "Limited Edition" (standard price), and "Collectors Edition" (Not currently available...)

Yeah, my Amazon copy shipped. Preorder exclusive is a code for 3 vests for Delsin. Everyone should be getting Cole's Legacy in every new copy of Second Son.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Your Amazon.com order of "inFAMOUS: Second Son..." has shipped!

• Options
    Remember that Nirvana cover from the E3 Trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqlplSmbuaI

Second Son. Get Hype.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Assuming the Postie isn't earlier/later than usual by a massive amount it's about 8-9 hours until my copy arrives...

Feels a bit like when you're a kid trying to fall asleep on Christmas Eve.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Still got one more (likely overtime) work day tomorrow. But, I'm sure it'll be here before I get home.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Got a PS4 today, picking up Second Son tomorrow. I'm digging on the interface a lot. Really speedy and smooth so far. My PSN id is Stud_Beefpile for those who wish to add me to their lists.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I grabbed Second Son off of PSN before I left for work this morning. It shall download, and when I get home, it shall be time.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    Got a PS4 today, picking up Second Son tomorrow. I'm digging on the interface a lot. Really speedy and smooth so far. My PSN id is Stud_Beefpile for those who wish to add me to their lists.

traitor!

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Hey, I have both systems now. Which means I win the console wars.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular

I'll join you the minute they release the first Naughty Dog bundle.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    This Gold wireless headset is fucking badass. I played a bunch of Battlefield 4 campaign with them on and it was incredible. Ground Zeroes too. Made it really easy to hear near by footsteps.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    This Gold wireless headset is fucking badass. I played a bunch of Battlefield 4 campaign with them on and it was incredible. Ground Zeroes too. Made it really easy to hear near by footsteps.

I am so jealous. I love headsets. I have a shitty tutlebeach one for the ps3 that works for the ps4. A Philips wireless one that @CroakerBC sent to me as agift when my Senns broke because he is way too awesome. But the Golds. The Gold is seriously tempting, it just looks so comfy.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I have the original version of that headset Sony released for the PS3. Basically the same thing and it is indeed awesome. I even use it for watching movies or listening to music from my computer around the house. I am however jealous of the gold and elites ability to plug into things, like the vita or an iPod. If I could use them with my vita it would be the best headset. Too bad I'm an early adopter and have no need for another pair. I feel like they are a necessity for most PS gamers though. Great for not disturbing sleeping people.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    Screw you guys for making me want something I can't afford at the moment :( I will put it on my amazon wishlist or something, so I don't forget about it, I guess.

I'm currently playing the wait for UPS game wherein UPS delivers me the ability to experience Second Son

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    So, there's an ARG/DLC thing for Second Son. Start right here, right now:

http://infamouspapertrail.com/

• Options
    edited March 2014

I'll join you the minute they release the first Naughty Dog bundle.

Being able to play Titanfall and Infamous Second Son merely by switching my tv's input is so freeing. Thanks, Uncle Sam!

EDIT: added myself to the Mega list in the OP, or at least I think I did. Not sure if it took.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hello PS4 thread! It's your turn now.

Like the Xbox One thread, you all have one thread remaining before we retire the next-gen megathreads. But worry not, because it's not this thread. You'll get 100 more pages* of PS4 goodness before heading to the Penny Arcade Home for Retired Megathreads. So brace yourselves for the last hurrah (I'll give you until page 100 to pick a some to make the OP if you haven't already)

*No guarantees. Thread may be closed earlier depending on behavior.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    *HUGS RORUS RAZ*

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    *HUGS RORUS RAZ*

*mono-toned announcers voice
    Please do not touch the mods.
    Por favor, para no tocar el Mods.

• Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

I am so jealous. I love headsets. I have a shitty tutlebeach one for the ps3 that works for the ps4. A Philips wireless one that @CroakerBC sent to me as agift when my Senns broke because he is way too awesome. But the Golds. The Gold is seriously tempting, it just looks so comfy.
    The Golds are amazing. They are basically glued to my head anytime I game now. I use them on everything, even the 3DS and Xbox One (albeit, only in stereo with the adapter thingy).

With the punch and versatility offered for the price, they are very easy to recommend to anyone needing a solid pair of cans.

Also, thanks, Rorus Raz, for one last continue.

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    Second Son is pretty boss, you guys.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I nearly caved and bought Dark Souls 2 because I had almost convinced myself I didn't want to wait for the PC version, but I picked up Second Son instead. Game is fantastic, and now I have something to occupy me until that Dark Souls 2 release.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    My L2 trigger has inexplicably started to squeak every time I press it. Any home remedies for such a thing?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    At any given time, roughly 70% of my friends list that is actively online is playing infamous

• Options
    I need to get infamous.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm guessing I've hit the halfway point of Second Son. Fantastic game so far.

I wish the paper trail website were working. I'm intrigued.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    At any given time, roughly 70% of my friends list that is actively online is playing infamous

Absolutely none of mine are... I think I need to sit them down and have a talk about their priorities.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I just stopped playing inFamous. I'll go back to playing once the sun sets and is no longer blinding me when I'm sitting in front of my TV.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    I just stopped playing inFamous. I'll go back to playing once the sun sets and is no longer blinding me when I'm sitting in front of my TV.

This is exactly the reason Im not playing.

Im just outside, shaking my fist at the sky.

Set! Set you stupid fireball! I want to use my smoke powers!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    So the game is good, I take it? Just installed it and going to sit down with it tonight for an extended period.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I'm guessing I've hit the halfway point of Second Son. Fantastic game so far.

I wish the paper trail website were working. I'm intrigued.
    Yesterday, I managed to do the ARG quiz things, and somehow today I linked my PSN account magically while trying to get it to load. (Yay, cookie from store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com?)

So, I think I'm set up.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    How's Netflix on the PS4? I'm having fairly massive problems with the PS3 version that I don't seem to be able to overcome and I'm thinking of using it as an excuse to buy a PS4 :)

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    How's Netflix on the PS4? I'm having fairly massive problems with the PS3 version that I don't seem to be able to overcome and I'm thinking of using it as an excuse to buy a PS4 :)

flawless for me

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I want a pair of the gold headphones pretty bad but as far as I can tell they don't sell them in Japan? Or if they do it is under a different name I am not finding. I don't really want to pay shipping from the states for them though.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I want a pair of the gold headphones pretty bad but as far as I can tell they don't sell them in Japan? Or if they do it is under a different name I am not finding. I don't really want to pay shipping from the states for them though.

In the EU, it's called the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

Clearly we needed something more sophisticated than 'Gold Wireless Stereo Headset'...

Might want to give that a go when you're searching.

• Options
    Heh, this Infamous Paper Trail stuff is pretty interesting.

Basic Structure:
    - Do Mission in-game, collect evidence.
    - Log into web site, review evidence, follow the clues to unlock the next mission in-game.

• Options
    That seems like a lot of work. I'm not sure if I could motivate myself to go back and forth like that while playing. Is it required?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »
    That seems like a lot of work. I'm not sure if I could motivate myself to go back and forth like that while playing. Is it required?
    Optional side mission. Not necessary for gameplay or trophies.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just finished my first and evil playthrough and scrounged up all the non-goodie good trophies.

Will start a good expert playthrough later.

I will say this. I read an article some time back that lamented that most people played a "choose your alignment game" on the side of good and the vast majority never played evil and what a waste of talented devs there was because one half of the game would never be seen.

Yeah, well, I played evil first just because of that article, and felt like a jackass the whole time. Even the ending, which was appropriate, pissed me off.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
This discussion has been closed.