As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE WELEATHERTHREAD (weather thread)

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Pretty.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Looks like we've got a better chance of rain next week, brown, dead grass everywhere was starting to become an eyesore again.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    These guys are super cute too. We get a lot of them during early and late winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Tree_Sparrow

So tiny.

I also dig Bluejays but they are rare.

bluejays are anything but rare up here. Atlantic Canada has tons of them. Also robins, sparrows, pigeons, gulls, crows, ravens, ospreys, ducks, loons, herons, gee-

you know what? lets just leave it at "this northern country with lots and lots of forests still has a large amount/variety of birds"

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Also, a few days ago, after a long period without rain, it literally rained for five seconds and then immediately stopped. I got all excited and closed my window in that time.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Speaking of weather, I seem to be under it today, just a bit.

I dunno what was up with me today, but I woke up around 11 or so, feeling like absolute shit.

I had the worst headache I've had in years, and I was puking repeatedly.

I ended up barely able to stomach some tomato soup and some cold water, and then finally went back to sleep, and now I seem to be all right.

Head still hurts, but it's more of an average headache now. I guess maybe I was excessively dehydrated and/or low on carbs? Fuck if I know.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    It has been nearly 80 degrees the last few days and I absolutely hate it. There has luckily been a bit of a breeze which has helped when the sun isn't directly on you but man, I wanted a longer winter and we got like 2 weeks of it in early December and that was that.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    When that natural dam breaks, it could flood the river enough that I won't be able to make it to town. The shelter for those affected is at my old middle school. I don't know anyone that is hurt, but dang is it scary.

Oso, WA is a small logging community, I wouldn't even call it a proper town. Most of the residents there go to school at where I grew up instead. It's hilly, wooden country there. Lots of farms and lots of livestock to save from the flood waters. I'm close to the estuary for the Stilliguamish and I won't actually be flooded myself. A number of years ago Stanwood had a nasty flood and they had to sandbag the town. The town itself doesn't touch the river, but it's really close to sea level.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    my city uses snow to boost it's water supply

so hooray elevation

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Went for a run this morning and in the space of 30 minutes ran through all four seasons. Have never run in rain before and it was actually quite pleasant. The hail as I was going up the steepest hill just felt mean though.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sorry I'm still trying to process the idea that you live here and haven't run in the rain. Some months I feel like that's all I do.

Anyway in spite of a rainstorm at 6am so fierce it actually woke me up, even I concede that today eventually turned out quite nice.

mOPU52el.jpg

wyQUSkil.jpg

Course, I'm having to spend it working ...

XYUyK4Dl.jpg

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so the forecast for Wednesday is strong winds and blizzards, as much as 40-50 centimetres (~20 inches) of snow

the most experienced meteorologist in the world (literally, he set the world record for longest career last June) is comparing it to the worst storm of the past decade, a blizzard from 2004 that closed schools for days, up to a week in some areas.

happy spring, everyone!

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    it's finally florida weather in tallahassee

EzUAYcn.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    @tynic my secret to never having run in the rain is that I have done very little running in my life

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Today will be low 60s with some sun moving into rolling fog late at night in the upper 40s/low 50s.

Just like it is every single day ever here forever.

Nothing. Matters.
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @tynic my secret to never having run in the rain is that I have done very little running in my life

hmm hmm

... ok this checks out.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    @Liiya it did bloody hail today, yes

got caught up in it as I was walking through the city centre!

weathers been all over the place of late

Solar wrote: »

I'm not surprised it did in Sheffield, its not that far from Manchester really, I bet it came over to you after me! I managed to just dodge it today, phew!

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    The UK is where warm spring days go to die.

As for birds, there are a lot of bird feeders outside of a tree that's right in front of a huge window in our kitchen/dining room. We get to watch Bluejays and Cardinals and what have you while we eat.

As for actual weather, as usual North Carolina can't decide if it wants to be chilly or warm. It'll be eighty degrees one day, a few days later it'll be below freezing. The warmth will stick eventually. And then I'll be complaining about how it's too goddamn hot.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

I'm not surprised it did in Sheffield, its not that far from Manchester really, I bet it came over to you after me! I managed to just dodge it today, phew!

Started about two, then died off

then hit me at about half four to five

got hailstones down my shirt neck, what a nightmare!

Liiya wrote: »

Started about two, then died off

then hit me at about half four to five

got hailstones down my shirt neck, what a nightmare!

Ha! That makes perfect sense! I started about 12:30 here then was gone by 1!

Brrr, there's nothing worse than them down your neck!

• AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    11° C and sunny here today. i love living in canada

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda amused that this is also the bird thread. I'm waiting for spring proper to arrive so the migration starts and we can maybe catch some really exciting birds at banding.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I look forward to the heralding in of our upcoming dry season by the torrents of bird and bat poop blessing my car each night.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    More rain scheduled for Tuesday through Thursday, really good as California is currently on schedule for a major drought this year.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    It's pissing rain and about 4ºC here today. At least the Emerald Isle is living up to its name.

Still shagging freezing though.

• TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    I got into work yesterday at seven am in glorious sunshine. I went out of the lab to collect samples at seven fifteen and got hailed on.

Death to March.

uGn5f.png
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    It's blazing sunshine up here in northern Scotland yesterday and today - if this keeps up all day we might even get up to 7ºC!

Wow up to the radio dj saying it was -21C with the windchill this morning. Yaaaay. Still on track to be buried in snow midweek, too.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Wow up to the radio dj saying it was -21C with the windchill this morning. Yaaaay. Still on track to be buried in snow midweek, too.

And I for one am thrilled.

We're supposed to at least get rain this weekend which might maybe mean some not-snow for a while!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It was 5F here this morning. The good news is the storm is looking like it will miss us so maybe no more snow? Friday we should be 55F which is pretty much shorts weather.

• wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    37F here. And snowing. Now sunny. Then probably snowing again. And later in the week it should be 60F. And a couple of weeks ago it was 75F.
    Because it's Iowa and our weather is drunk. To be fair, it's Iowa, and that's about all there is to do.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    37F here. And snowing. Now sunny. Then probably snowing again. And later in the week it should be 60F. And a couple of weeks ago it was 75F.
    Because it's Iowa and our weather is drunk. To be fair, it's Iowa, and that's about all there is to do.

heh, we're following a smiliar pattern here in lower Michigan. 32° and sunny today, 25° and maybe an inch of snow overnight, and then thunderstorms and 60° by Sunday.

In bird news, apparently there are snowy owls migrating through our area. I am so excited at the possibility of seeing one.

Today it stayed rain-free for enough consecutive minutes that I successfully hung my washing out to dry in the garden.

That is the most exciting weather-related occurrence for months.

• MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    hello yes is not hazy today

kvJk4lq.jpg

l3icwZV.png
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    hello yes is not hazy today
    kvJk4lq.jpg

Damn

That view is gorgeous!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786