As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Parties

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Anyone else not receiving an email after RSVPing for that PC gamer party?
    Didnt get mine yet either

f7v9h.jpg
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    Rufe wrote: »
    miker525 wrote: »
    ASUS & PC GAMER present the Republic of Gamers PAX East Afterparty on Saturday, April 12th at The Estate. Details here: pcgamerpaxparty.splashthat.com/

This...this could be interesting!

Edit: I assume this is an all ages event? Looking all over the site but not seeing any age restrictions.
    JayDfromMA wrote: »
    I believe it is a club so I am guessing 21+ but we would have to get confirmation from the venue on that.

The ticket page has it listed as a 21+ event. If you clicked the link Scottyb posted, not sure how you missed it.

Thank's. Yeah after looking again it was right there. I need to stop browsing the internet past my bedtime :neutral_face:

You missed it because it was not changed until today. The initial page did not say 21+. I even double checked because 3 of the 4 of my group are 21+ and we finally found a party that did not say it, we double and triple checked before order was placed.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    My hubs got an email confirmation for the ASUS/ PC Gamer event, but I didn't get mine...and I'm the one who told him to RSVP. Not cool.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Got mine almost immediately....very odd its so sporadic

• LadyLoveMonsterLadyLoveMonster Registered User regular
    I didn't get an email either. Weird.

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Just looked at the guidebook....and specifically the expo hall map/list of exhibitors. I do not see mad catz listed this year...which means one of the best swag parties at previous cons may not be happening this year. Am I missing them? Anybody heard anything?

I believe that info has not been finalized. Have you tried reaching out to see if they were planning on attending?

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    pilferk wrote: »
    Just looked at the guidebook....and specifically the expo hall map/list of exhibitors. I do not see mad catz listed this year...which means one of the best swag parties at previous cons may not be happening this year. Am I missing them? Anybody heard anything?

Doesn't mean that Mad Catz won't have a presence.

For example, at PAX Prime 2013, Mad Catz did not have a booth. However, they did sponsor a boatload of stuff at Prime, and they still had their Unveiled party.

I'm sure they'll announce their plans shortly.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Still haven't received an email back for the ASUS thing.

I even RSVP'd a second time last night and got nothing.

Weeeird.

• angrymonkeyfightangrymonkeyfight Captain Awesome Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Sorry. Was out of town on business the last week. I asked in the first post that people message me with events they want to add rather than posting in the thread. It is easier for me to update that way.

JayDfromMA wrote: »
    I believe that info has not been finalized. Have you tried reaching out to see if they were planning on attending?

I did, via social media. No response from them, yet.

• JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Still haven't received an email back for the ASUS thing.

I even RSVP'd a second time last night and got nothing.

Weeeird.

Mine was in my gmail spam folder. Maybe check out any spam filters or whatever.

• GHOST.OneGHOST.One Registered User regular
    are there any under-twenty-one-friendly parties?

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    GHOST.One wrote: »

Agnrymonkeyfight is doing a great job staying on top of things but I am continuing to update my reddit thread for the sake of wider exposure. I have added information relating to age restrictions there - http://www.reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/20u1k4/pax_east_2014_parties/

Also it looks like the Indies Need Booze event on Saturday and the Pokecrawl on Friday have sold out.

imnotalawyer on
    faPgNTD
  • PainePaine Registered User regular
    GHOST.One wrote: »

This is kind of an oxymoron in Boston, where all the good venues are bars or clubs.

6nOrszL.png
  • DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    MadCatz and their product's are overrated and honestly I'd rather go to a Curse Party than MadCatz one!!! Hell the ESO Party last year was more hype than MadCatz.

DaNicka wrote: »
    MadCatz and their product's are overrated and honestly I'd rather go to a Curse Party than MadCatz one!!! Hell the ESO Party last year was more hype than MadCatz.

MadCatz might not be doing it this year, there pro gamers were such jerks to the crowd last year with 1 exception that I cant see them wanting to do it again. The swag rocks, but the party is a bunch of pro gamers who think they have "elite" status in the world because they can play street fighter rip offs better then most. Most of them will be washed up before 25 and probably make a sad existence out of being dragged from gaming convention to gaming convention like Fatal1ty. Except Jonathan was cool, these guys are jerks. Curse is the Party to be at hands down, but it was not even in the same league as ESO was last year. ESO was simply one of the best gaming parties ever, but if you did not get in before 8 you got there to late, beer ran out, food ran out. The crowd waiting to get in at 9 when I left was larger then the crowd inside.

• DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    Honestly, I felt really let down by the Curse party last year. We had a lot of fun the previous year, 2012. Last year? Sure, they had great food, but after your one free drink, the prices were through the roof for any others. On top of that, the VIP area just felt shitty. You have a large group of people (nerds) that are already excluded from being the "cool kids" in other venues and areas of life, and then drop a high end VIP douche area into the middle of a party/convention that makes them feel at home? Really shitty move in my opinion.

See, I though the Curse party last year was very lacking compared to the previous year. I wonder if they will do one this year.

f7v9h.jpg
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Kuma wrote: »
    See, I though the Curse party last year was very lacking compared to the previous year. I wonder if they will do one this year.

If I'm remembering right it was usually a Curse/Wildstar Party. Wildstar already has something PAX weekend so I'm doubting it'll happen. Curse 2012 was awesome 2013 was good but it was pretty clear they were cutting back.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Rose_TylerRose_Tyler Ocean Township, NJRegistered User regular
    Last year someone who worked for Curse said they were having a round of layoffs or something shortly after PAX was over. Not sure how accurate that was.

Nurse Joy - team Red Gold 2012 - team Yellow Gold 2013 and 2014
    Pokecrawl planning committee 2014
  • DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    Randomfool wrote: »

If I'm remembering right it was usually a Curse/Wildstar Party. Wildstar already has something PAX weekend so I'm doubting it'll happen. Curse 2012 was awesome 2013 was good but it was pretty clear they were cutting back.

It was a Planetside 2 party in 2012. They partner with a different game each year.

• DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    DaNicka wrote: »

MadCatz might not be doing it this year, there pro gamers were such jerks to the crowd last year with 1 exception that I cant see them wanting to do it again. The swag rocks, but the party is a bunch of pro gamers who think they have "elite" status in the world because they can play street fighter rip offs better then most. Most of them will be washed up before 25 and probably make a sad existence out of being dragged from gaming convention to gaming convention like Fatal1ty. Except Jonathan was cool, these guys are jerks. Curse is the Party to be at hands down, but it was not even in the same league as ESO was last year. ESO was simply one of the best gaming parties ever, but if you did not get in before 8 you got there to late, beer ran out, food ran out. The crowd waiting to get in at 9 when I left was larger then the crowd inside.

I loved the ESO Party found it was a great time for me and my friend's I also made some Coin on E-Bay from the ESO Coin's :)

I was still in Cosplay as Vergil from DMC when I attended the party.

zogl5yu4ooi3.jpg

Awesome pic. The only way I would buy eso based on the crap they put out in beta would be so I could go to that party again. I can't think of one remotely close on a top pax parties list

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Cant wait for the Asus/PC Gamer party. I am very happy with staying at the omni now, central to the non BCEC events that I am doing :-)

No word on the curse party for 2014, either. Pretty sure that one is coming, though.

I went a couple years back but not last year. I had fun but last year was waaaaay too crowded for me.

• IronChefBobbyFlailIronChefBobbyFlail Registered User new member
    May as well ask this question here, other than Sam Adams, are there any really good local beers that should not be missed?

• rewarrewar Boston, MassRegistered User regular
    May as well ask this question here, other than Sam Adams, are there any really good local beers that should not be missed?

2 of my favorites:

slumbrew

bluehillsbrewery

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Harpoon (idk how available this is nationwide), if you have spare time check out the brewery since it's very close by.

Watchusett is also really good and local!!

No word on the curse party for 2014, either. Pretty sure that one is coming, though.

I thought they usually announced that one earlier.

Does anyone think that they will cut off tickets for the Asus party at some point? It just seems odd that they are ticketing the event but you can get tickets until the day prior

f7v9h.jpg

I thought they usually announced that one earlier.

Last year, it was announced on 3/1, with a party date of 3/23. It was announced earlier...but Pax East, itself, was earlier, too.

That would peg us right around now, if the announcements were done at a similar "time out". We'll see. From comments they've made, it seems like they're planning to be there.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cant wait for the Asus/PC Gamer party. I am very happy with staying at the omni now, central to the non BCEC events that I am doing :-)

Oh sweet, is the Omni near the Asus party?

Walking distance by any chance?

@upstateny-dan‌

• angrymonkeyfightangrymonkeyfight Captain Awesome Boston, MARegistered User regular

Night Shift, Jack's Abby, and Idle Hands are some of the best craft brewers in Mass right now.

• iiTz-PeRSiaNiiTz-PeRSiaN Registered User new member
    edited March 2014

Night Shift, Jack's Abby, and Idle Hands are some of the best craft brewers in Mass right now.

Blue hills brewery, little bit south of boston. Try to get it on tap somewhere

iiTz-PeRSiaN on

And it is a nice walk, you are basically walking the start of the Freedom Trail Backwards

Dolarrah wrote: »

And it is a nice walk, you are basically walking the start of the Freedom Trail Backwards

Awesome. 10/11 min walk should be nice after the party to get some fresh air!

Oh, as a first timer do these bigger parties end up getting to capacity? Dont want to get shut out of the Asus party, looking forward to hearing the crystal method. Worst case I am sure I can find somewhere else to have libations, but really set on this one lol.