As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So apparently The Winter Soldier is a pretty COOL [Superhero Movie]

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    mmm

Tox

Been resisting asking The Winter Soldier questions, but have an odd one

how many days would you say the movie covers? A few days, a week?

Not longer than a week. Definitely at least three days. I'd have to watch it again to be sure

lol at "have" to watch Captain America again.

I was very much hoping that was the answer. Thanks!

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    no extended cut, only four bonus scenes on the home release, no idea if that's one of them

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Yeah I have the Blur-Ray and theres no extended cut, the only scene in the deleted ones that really added all that much was the interaction between Striker Eureka's pilots that established the father and son conflict/relationship

8EVmPzM.jpg
    Del Toro said there's no director's cut because of poor home sales lately, and the increase in streaming/renting

BUT
    if there's anything to take away from that, it's that they'll likely incorporate stuff from the hour cut from the first film into the second, along with other things
    Matador Fury, for example, and her pilots were cut entirely from the movie before filming, and whatever information from the first that's still relevant will probably be in the second or in other in universe material

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Yeah I know, I remember you saying something similar in the Pacific Rim thread, which sucks. But goddamn it that doesn't mean I can't keep hoping for one.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Del Toro said there's no director's cut because of poor home sales lately, and the increase in streaming/renting

BUT
    if there's anything to take away from that, it's that they'll likely incorporate stuff from the hour cut from the first film into the second, along with other things
    Matador Fury, for example, and her pilots were cut entirely from the movie before filming, and whatever information from the first that's still relevant will probably be in the second or in other in universe material

Wait

Second?

Are they making a sequel?

I thought it didn't make much money?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    edited March 2014
    it made 400 million worldwide including home media, not counting the merch

it made a lot more overseas/internationally than it made in the US, appropriately enough

it was the best performing picture Warner Brothers has ever released in China

people who call it a box ofice bomb are either only looking at its performance in the US or are intentionally trying to downplay its success

Antimatter on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    it made 400 million worldwide including home media, not counting the merch

it made a lot more overseas/internationally than it made in the US, appropriately enough

it was the best performing picture Warner Brothers has ever released in China

people who call it a box ofice bomb are either only looking at its performance in the US or are intentionally trying to downplay its success

Well awesome

The world is better than the movie so thats exciting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    i sincerely hope the second movie lives up to its potential

and even if it doesnt at least there will be more fun giant robot monster fights

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    While I'm not interested in yet another debate about Pacific Rim, I will go on record as saying that I still really enjoy that movie.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I saw Pacific Rim for the first time recently and I really, really liked it. I might have to watch it again because
    sword activated

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

the iron man wiki asks all the hard hitting questions of iron man 3 that we all wish we thought of
    http://ironman.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_23
    The Mark 23 (XXIII), also known by it's name as "Shades", is an Extreme Heat Suit, and is one of the many newly built suits created by Tony Stark, sometime after the events of The Avengers.
    It is weird why Tony didn't use this to fight Aldrich Killian.
    http://ironman.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_38
    Currently, the Mark 38's status is unclear.
    If the Mark 38 blew up as part of the Clean Slate Protocol, the oil rig would have collapsed as it held it up for the entirety of the battle. But the rig did not collapse at all in the movie.

(not a sincere post)

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I think I wondered about that second one after seeing the movie.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, I'm itching to get more trades of Waid's Daredevil. Does the artist on deck shift around a lot (not counting crossovers)? I've read the first 3 trades so far.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    once Samnee takes over he's the artist for the long haul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Hell, Green Lantern recently shot a Nazi in the face with a rifle in that Justice League episode with Hitler.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    Balefuego wrote: »
    once Samnee takes over he's the artist for the long haul

Oh I like his work on it, that's good to hear.

Samnee is one of the best artists working in comics today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    In honor of the 20th anniversary of the creation of Hellboy, Dark Horse has a bundle of 77 Hellboy comics for only $50

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/4560/

holy cow, I wish I had $50 because that is an incredible deal

OKAY

HOLD THE PHONE

WHO HAS THE RIGHTS TO THE HATE-MONGER

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    OKAY

HOLD THE PHONE

WHO HAS THE RIGHTS TO THE HATE-MONGER

His first appearance was in Fantastic Four, so if that's how the rights work, it'd be Fox

i'm just wondering because well

he's Adolf Hitler's clone with a purple KKK hood and a hate ray

how is that not perfect Avengers/Captain America film material

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    I'm still holding out for Swarm.

I don't care what anybody says, a Nazi made of bees is rad as hell.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

Up through the 80s if not the 90s, Marvel's official stance was that anything published before the Silver Age started was only kind of loosely canonical, and that the Marvel Universe proper began in 1961 with Fantastic Four #1. (Hence why, for example, every Marvel book published in one month in 1986 had that huge tacky "25th Anniversary" cover banner.) Part of that came from the fact that a lot of that earlier stuff had been explicitly contradicted by post-FF #1 comics, but a lot of it came down to the fact that the older Golden Age stuff was impossible to find for a reasonable price and, on top of that, was frequently racist and sometimes outright incoherent. When he was writing The Invders, Roy Thomas took advantage of those Golden Age comics' nebulous canonicity to retcon diversity into Marvel's older books by taking some forgotten Golden Age heroes and replacing them with minority characters: the Human Top and Golden Girl became black and Japanese-American, respectively, where the original versions were lily white.

So those Golden Age comics where Cap kills dudes weren't even a factor when Mark Gruenwald had Cap say that he'd never killed anyone - though even that would've required him to tacitly ignore more modern stories where he deliberately or accidentally blew up Nazi or Hydra vehicles with dudes inside them. And I guess decapitating Baron Blood didn't count as killing either, since Baron Blood was a dracula and draculas are already technically dead.

872387.jpg
    oh, i'm aware

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    What's going on with Prime's feet?

Oh I've finally read a Marvel Now comic yesterday . Bought Avengers vol 1, New Avengers vol and Uncanny Avengers. Read Avengers and I'm really interested in Smasher. I had no idea their were other corps other than the Nova corps. I wonder if we'll see them in the MCU

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    he's leaping, he's got masterpiece prime 2.0 feet

and doubtful, the shi'ar are owned by fox, so Smasher (who i ADORE) is likely not going to be in the MCU

Izzy is great

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    It kind of looks like his lower legs are being split in two, but maybe it's just the angle.

And yes Izzy is great. I honestly find her more interesting than Carol and it's a shame we won't see her in MCU

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    Bought that Hellboy bundle... been missing out for twenty years.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

and doubtful, the shi'ar are owned by fox, so Smasher (who i ADORE) is likely not going to be in the MCU

Izzy is great

Well, she first showed up in Avengers, so they could probably just drop the direct Shi'ar stuff and have her be picked by a different alien race.

Speaking of cosmic rights, though, my brother and I were talking and I realized what Fox's unannounced picture should be.

Fuckin' Starjammers. They got the Shi'ar, Brood and Phalanx to fuck with; they could do a Starjammers movie.

Guys I bought

too many comics

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Guys I bought

too many comics

Do you still have a dry area to store and read the comics, a job to pay for comics, and food to eat to stay alive to read the comics?

If yes, then you haven't bought too many comics yet.

Izzy is great

Well, she first showed up in Avengers, so they could probably just drop the direct Shi'ar stuff and have her be picked by a different alien race.

Speaking of cosmic rights, though, my brother and I were talking and I realized what Fox's unannounced picture should be.

Fuckin' Starjammers. They got the Shi'ar, Brood and Phalanx to fuck with; they could do a Starjammers movie.

Izzy first showed up in Avengers, but there has been a Smasher in the Imperial Guard dating back to their first appearance in X-Men #107

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heatwave wrote: »
    What's going on with Prime's feet?

Oh I've finally read a Marvel Now comic yesterday . Bought Avengers vol 1, New Avengers vol and Uncanny Avengers. Read Avengers and I'm really interested in Smasher. I had no idea their were other corps other than the Nova corps. I wonder if we'll see them in the MCU

The main difference between the Imperial Guard that Smasher is in and the Nova Corps is that the Nova Corps represent many different peoples across the galaxy, while the Imperial Guard just works for the Shi'Ar.

Oh cool so there IS a difference.

Speaking of the Nova Corps, I can't wait to see them in Guardians of the Galaxy. Hopefully down the line we'll see this guy in his awesome suit as well

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    In case you missed it in the Mildly Interesting thread.

http://designtaxi.com/news/361672/Superheroes-Reimagined-As-Manatees/#.UyzZ6aTFD5o.facebook

Why is his name not Captain Amanatee, though.

This discussion has been closed.