As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fall of [Chat]

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    why judge

chu no judge

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Nothing says Fuck You and Fuck Your Bullshit like the CO Power Themes from the Advance Wars series.

I've got a tab open with the Days of Ruin incarnation standing by, for when I finish my Thesis.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i really think goodfellas might be the perfect movie. its supremely entertaining, well shot. well acted. well everything. all of scorsese's best traits done best and worst traits not yet trite

I'd like to think there hasn't even been a perfect film made, but Goodfellas makes a strong case for itself.

The whole sequence that begins with the words Sunday May 11th 1980, 6:55am is among the best ever captured on film, and its closest competition is probably the long single tracking shot in the exact same film where Henry and Karen wind their way through the service entrance and kitchen of the Copacabana.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Two random dudes danced with me. One grinded and got my number, another stole a kiss , and then I found all my coworkers .

Dayyyyyum

• Options
    mya that sounds like a fun night

• Options
    I'm going to hate myself tomorrow I haven't partied this hard in awhile.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    Two random dudes danced with me. One grinded and got my number, another stole a kiss , and then I found all my coworkers .

Dayyyyyum

mya were you at the pax karaoke last year?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    i know the world has moved past me and everyone else has gotten used to hard dicks being a thing

but i still cannot grind it is weird to me

i mean ostensibly i want to pensi this girl eventually but for some reason, this early pensi preview makes me uneasy

like i'm about to get slapped with a stayaway order

• Options
    Yes, I was super drunk and sang don't stop me now

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Yes, I was super drunk and sang don't stop me now

hmm i was there but i guess we didn't meet

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    also i never realized stacks was samuel l jackson

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Watching anime called Log Horizon interesting premise getting sucked into an MMO like .hack

Interesting thing here like the main character's PC is taller then he was so he has trouble keeping his balance when walking. And one of his friends made a male PC but was female but they didn't do anything with that and just had a potion macguffin to fix that problem right away.

Also best Guild name ever "Debauchery Tea Party"

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    also i never realized stacks was samuel l jackson

Yeah, he turns up in a ton of roles like that in late '80s, early '90s films before Pulp Fiction.

(imdbs real quick) Including a turn in Do The Right Thing as a character called Mister Senor Love Daddy, because of fucking course he was.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Watching anime called Log Horizon interesting premise getting sucked into an MMO like .hack

Interesting thing here like the main character's PC is taller then he was so he has trouble keeping his balance when walking. And one of his friends made a male PC but was female but they didn't do anything with that and just had a potion macguffin to fix that problem right away.

Also best Guild name ever "Debauchery Tea Party"

Gotta say I envisioned an entirely different variety of Log, and derived from that a setting completely alien to what the series is actually about.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I somehow volunteered to take everyone home. Great.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Sir Philip Sommerville, the ancient Lord of Wichnor, instituted a singular custom, which requires the lord of the manor to keep a flitch of bacon hanging in his hall at all times of the year, except in Lent, that it may be delivered to any man or woman who shall come and claim it, and at the same time swear that he and she had been married a year and a day without repenting ; and that if they were then single, and wished to be married again, the demandant would take the same party again before any other in the world. Two neighbours were required to testify to the truth of this deposition ; and if the claimant was a freeman he received, besides the bacon, half a quarter of wheat and cheese ; and if a villain, half a quarter of rye. These things, with the bacon, were carried before him, with trumpets, tabernets, minstrels, and a procession of the tenantry, through the lordship of Wichnor, and then without music to his abode, to the great scandal of Staffordshire.

I love how dry descriptions of feudal customs make them sound like some kind of fevered hallucination

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I somehow volunteered to take everyone home. Great.

The life of a sober person at a party.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    One hasn't truly lived until one has helped home a drunken guild member who is underage and decided that of all of the times in the world, this is the absolute best time to come out to you.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Sir Philip Sommerville, the ancient Lord of Wichnor, instituted a singular custom, which requires the lord of the manor to keep a flitch of bacon hanging in his hall at all times of the year, except in Lent, that it may be delivered to any man or woman who shall come and claim it, and at the same time swear that he and she had been married a year and a day without repenting ; and that if they were then single, and wished to be married again, the demandant would take the same party again before any other in the world. Two neighbours were required to testify to the truth of this deposition ; and if the claimant was a freeman he received, besides the bacon, half a quarter of wheat and cheese ; and if a villain, half a quarter of rye. These things, with the bacon, were carried before him, with trumpets, tabernets, minstrels, and a procession of the tenantry, through the lordship of Wichnor, and then without music to his abode, to the great scandal of Staffordshire.

I love how dry descriptions of feudal customs make them sound like some kind of fevered hallucination

i suppose the old lord of wichnor had a great fancy for marital piety?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

i suppose the old lord of wichnor had a great fancy for marital piety?

" a friendly monitor to the young and free, to be cautious of trusting themselves in the hymeneal noose."

And now, moving swiftly on the Navigation of the Tame and the Trent, and the loss of Burton's clothing industry to Leeds as a result of its peculiar land lease system

This is a (19c) book ostensibly about beer, written by a medical doctor in response to the accusations of a French doctor that English bitter beer contains strychnine and should not be consumed

You don't get books like these anymore

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Object lesson in the power of infrastructure: Burton beer was a fashionable drink in the court of Peter the Great, Czar of Russia, and exported in great quantities to St Petersburg, some fifty years before it became readily available in London. The first Trent navigation act meant there was a navigable waterway to the Baltic port of Hull long before any planned infrastructure connecting Burton and London existed.

Edit:
    We have already two large Brewhouses employ'd, and about to use a third : the whole of which will take all the Money I can raise with convenience to myself, beyond which I do not choose to go.

With respect to the Quantity of Ale likely to go to St. Petersburg, it wd. be very considerable could the orders be compleated, but from various causes that is impossible. The other Ports have made great demands upon us this year, so that, though a great deal of Ale will be brew'd from this Time to the 5th of April, yet we hope and believe Petersburg cannot be overcharged. Our orders for that place exceed 600 Hogs heads.

japan on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

Dayyyyyum

I would've socked this dude in the face.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    UNdDhkS.jpg

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    One hasn't truly lived until one has helped home a drunken guild member who is underage and decided that of all of the times in the world, this is the absolute best time to come out to you.

Well now this seems like an event.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I enjoy AVGN because he doesn't come out with a new episode every week. He takes his time with them, and I think it makes them better.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    7nT8r.jpg

• Options
    This anime is great for all the MMO-ism's, take's me back to my days in a WoW guild.

• Options

Well now this seems like an event.

Yeah my biggest fear was being stopped by a cop as I walked him back.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Thought of the morning, well and recent mornings

please people do not put your feet on the couches other people have to sit there too and well just dont.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    why am I still awake?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SaT8FdC.jpg

Done now, need to study :(

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    why am I still awake?

Because you enjoy our radiant company?

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    debauchery tea party, huh?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Oh my god, WANT

VLQ2xnj.jpg

• Options
    fgvgCYjl.jpg

Selena Kyle from the new Gotham TV series.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    debauchery tea party, huh?

yup, 4 eps in and its pretty great. Like I said the MMO isms are fantastic like some of the central characters were around before others and they had finished an old raid and they have a really rare mount from it and that kind of stuff is just really great.

• Options
    fgvgCYjl.jpg

Selena Kyle from the new Gotham TV series.

I really dont want to be that guy but....her face is weirdly proportioned I think? Something about it is throwing me off big time.

• Options
    Oh my god, WANT

VLQ2xnj.jpg

It's the cast and crew poster.

• Options
    Also this Engrish is out of control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JAS_bctIY

This discussion has been closed.