As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar]Old Thread, go post in the new thread

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Wow that was a serious Walatiki match.

Took 15 mins. I had 4 captures 3 steals and zero deaths. Damage is for nubs.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    11:59pm PST/2:59am EST

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I hit 15 and want my mount but when I click to buy it I get "HousingError: Housing action failed." This is troubling.

SniperGuy on
    Try /reloadui or relogging. It's a bug either way so report it with /bug and hope they catch it

Kai_San wrote: »
    Wow that was a serious Walatiki match.

Took 15 mins. I had 4 captures 3 steals and zero deaths. Damage is for nubs.

Damage done is just stroke material in Walatiki

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    moocow wrote: »
    Still can't log in to the website. :( Can't even make a new account. IDGI!

I had that problem myself. For making a new account, try adding * to the end of your password. It worked for me.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    How do I get to the dominion capital from deradune?

Wow umm, my medic kind of all the sudden has almost 1500 battleground rating.

Thats interesting.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I went back and played a Stalker after not really feeling like I was 'clicking' with my Spellslinger. I like the feel of it a lot more, as far as abilities that go off when I hit them rather than doing the 'casting' thing that I guess comes with a class that is supposed to be some kinda mage. :pensive:

Didn't really try anything else, might do that in some future event... probably whenever they make the tutorial skippable.

I just spent all of my money on housing without really thinking about what I was doing

I was like a newlywed couple stocking up on tables and chairs and outdoor decorations

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

its just about straight due east from the starter village in deradune. you see the filthy pastel colors from the aurins in the area and you are about a minute or two's walk from the capitol

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    took a parting screenshot before I went to sleep. Cya later weekend beta!
    6sZNKdS.jpg

• moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »

I had that problem myself. For making a new account, try adding * to the end of your password. It worked for me.

Same old error! Feh. Hopefully with the weekend over, support might get back to me soon.

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Agh, I started a Stalker Explorer near the end of the beta and got logged out just as I was about to reach the top of the Aurin tree.

Oh well, at least the Spellslinger was pretty fun to play.

Derrick wrote: »

Same old error! Feh. Hopefully with the weekend over, support might get back to me soon.

that really is a bummer that you didn't get to play, moocow, but the support crew should be able.to square you away pretty quick now. This is probably the first weekend they dealt with so many people instead of just the beta testers

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • GooglywormGooglyworm Registered User regular

its just about straight due east from the starter village in deradune. you see the filthy pastel colors from the aurins in the area and you are about a minute or two's walk from the capitol

You can also use the taxi service from the main village.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I just spent all of my money on housing without really thinking about what I was doing

I was like a newlywed couple stocking up on tables and chairs and outdoor decorations

I did this a ton with my first house as Beezel can attest. There were wires crisscrossing the floor and all manner of books and papers strewn amidst boxes and haphazard furniture.

488W936.png
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    It should be known, I officially have the 31st through the 1st off.

So.

You know.

I can get a headstart.

And all ya'll should join me.

Anon the Felon on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I played a medic this weekend and got to 15, at first I was really enjoying it, but playing solo I felt my dps was fairly lackluster and was struggling to kill a few things, just like everyone else I'm probably going to play a stalker after the wipe, because I enjoy big damage numbers.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, late last night I abandoned my Stalker to give Engineer an actual fair shake.

I think I'm going to make a petless flak-cannon build.

Because I'm a beautiful unique snowflake (and everyone else is rolling a Stalker).

Anon the Felon on
    Botless builds are fun for support/flak. Especially when you start stacking absorbs into your build/ability tiers. You basically become the unstoppable juggernaut.

edited March 2014
    I've got an action set now which seems like it'll do just that.

Tons of threat generation, lots of absorb and group absorb.

If I'm understanding these abilities right (and I'm probably not since I haven't played with many of them), if I can get a group to stay within 10m of me at all times, we'll all have infinite absorb and I'll be the harbinger of awesome.

The one downside to flak is that you become immobile, but... It's a zero c/d channel, so you can just cancel and restart it... Kind of moot.

Anon the Felon on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    It should be known, I officially have the 31st through the 1st off.

So.

You know.

I can get a headstart.

And all ya'll should join me.

Well, seeing as that's a weekend and I have weekends off....

I fully intend to be an Engineer Tank, I just need to have more time to see how tanking in this game works. I used to be a really awesome Draenei Paladin back in the old WoW days.

I see most people aren't interested in Exiles, but if there is an Exile guild, I'll be a Granok, since I made a guy that looks so much like my old Paladin. If I'm Dominion though, I'll be a Mechari all the way.

My wife is also playing, so she'll go along with whatever. She's still deciding what class she likes best.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited March 2014
    I've got an action set now which seems like it'll do just that.

Tons of threat generation, lots of absorb and group absorb.

If I'm understanding these abilities right (and I'm probably not since I haven't played with many of them), if I can get a group to stay within 10m of me at all times, we'll all have infinite absorb and I'll be the harbinger of awesome.

The one downside to flak is that you become immobile, but... It's a zero c/d channel, so you can just cancel and restart it... Kind of moot.

You can move while shooting flak cannon. In fact the innate removes the movement slow on shots fired altogether when you pop exo suit. Engineers are in an interesting spot right now since it's the only class currently that can run without a builder and still be viable. Most of their procs and effects depend on maintaining a sweet spot on their resource between 30 and 70 volatility. Recursive Matrix imparts a 2k health absorb shield to everyone that stays near you when you pop it, on top of the deflect/cc resil boost. But only if you pop it between 30-70 volatilty. Bio Shell and Ricochet become instant casts between 30-70 vol. It adds a bit of urgency/skillful play from staying "In the Zone" so to speak.

Beezel on
    Man, these skill builder sites need to update their stuff then.

Thanks Beziz.

• BellwetherBellwether Registered User regular
    Hey, OP, how bout, I dunno, a release date?

Bellwether wrote: »
    Hey, OP, how bout, I dunno, a release date?

You mean this one?

SGQ4zYE.jpg

edited March 2014
    I would make certain text a few points larger but I can't seem to anymore when the forums switched over to vanilla D:

Beezel on
    New thread polly inc in a day anyway

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I decided to go ahead and spring on this seeing as GMG had a 20% off so got the deluxe at that. Just watching the gameplay from the devspeak videos it looks all good.

Probably Chua Esper and Mordesh Medic but will see what I take a liking to on one of these beta weekends.

Not sure if I missed it in the OP, but could someone kind of explain the AMP system? At first I thought it was just a simple passive system, but apparently you can find/buy new AMPs to use?

AMPs are wildstar's take on talent systems. The funny thing about them is very few of them are straight up passive boosts to stats. Everything from the second tier out confers either an ability or some kind of effect to your attacks depending on combat state. The caveat is the further out you go from the center, the more the AMPs cost. Yes they can be found as random drops. But they can also be acquired from rep vendors while leveling. Even bought/sold via the commodities exchange.

It is a passive system, but it passively provides new abilities to existing actions.

Like, when you get stunned, now you gain X. Or when you do Y, Z happens too.

In T2 and T3, you have to find the physical amp item to unlock the node, so you can get the new passive. This will create a push for loot grinding, and create an economy of build (certain Amps will be expensive since they are viewed as "optimal").

You can also unlock a new active ability per branch by going to T3 in the respective amp branch.

Cool, thanks. Now I gotta figure out what's needed for making a sweet engineer tank.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    AMPs are a way fucking less efficient way to handle talents that makes trying to set up a build a nightmare of reading shit that you mostly won't use.

:P

What is this I don't even.
    June 3rd. Preorders get a 3day Headstart,

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    What?

No?

I mean... It's not a talent system, comparing it to WoW's talent system is a fool's errand. This is a different character building system. Like, it's just different. If anything, the skill's and the ability point system is what's emulating WoW's Talent system that you're familiar with.

The Amp system is more akin to GW2's trait system. You're picking a few stat's to bump, but mostly altering the focus of your play. You can create an amp path that makes you want to take hits to gain buffs, or since your skills focus on making defects happen... When it does, other cool stuff fire's off.

Amp's are the "complementary" bit. You build your skill set to play a certain way, then you start using Amps to really hone your playstyle. Now when your stalker goes stealthy, all the other stuff happens. Or you're trying to balance your class mechanic around a certain point, to get extra buffs and heals.

The shit you're reading that you're not using is actually a different playstyle, probably one you aren't interested in.

Yeah it's character building and didn't exist at all until sometime near the end of beta 2 into beta 3. Originally There was a purely stat based unlock system in play (this still exists but the bonuses you get now are way different and centered around "You now do X better") The feedback they got stated that there wasn't enough meaningful choices into how you built your class because all anyone was doing was stacking their "best" stat and getting all of the abilities they wanted

AMPs are passive boosts to your character. Thats it.

1st tier is stats, raw and unadulterated. They all cost 1 point.

2nd and 3rd tiers (costing 4 and 6 points respetively) are passive boosts but with requirements. Ranging from just stat boosts that only work... sometimes to changes to certain skills to affects on your unique class aspect, they all gives bonuses you can choose to be aware of and go for, or just assume they will be there.

3 of the trees (pure assault, pure support, and utility) have abilities in them. They are tier 3, in the middle of 2 others, and only cost 2 points.

As convulted and confusing as they might seem, for the most part if you just pick your role and dump all the points into the 'main' slice for it (assault or support) you will be fine. For the most part, thats usually a right build anyway subtracting 1 or 2 underwhelming skills. Oh, and you always take the 15% CD reduction in utility for 3 points. ALWAYS.

There is an amp ability in the esper attack tree that lets you do more damage as long as you are at 100% health. And then some others that proced off of criting or even taking damage. And that was just the assault wedge. I haven't even looked at the defense wedge, but it was stuff that let me maintain focus for gobs longer than I should be able to.

I also like how none of my esper attacks require focus, only healing does. This lets me churn and burn like a pyromancer back in WAR.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
This discussion has been closed.