As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No one in town is trained to use The Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Zay wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    wait saurfang is the player from warcraft 2?man that is what i get for not reading any of the quest text.

well i had to assume, i never placed wc2, but saurfang is the only orc boss in icc

ahh wait. see in wc3 the lich king is actually an orc warlock (nerzhul) that the burning legion made a deal with to destroy azeroth.

at the end of 2 it isn't just nerzhul who goes through the portal to be trapped in the twisting nether. it is the head general (the player) some lieutenants and such.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hitler is Zay spelled backwards

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    furry: online

just remembered second life exists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-_0Z6E82g

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    don't zay shame

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    it's a shame that there's zay

• Options
    what a zayme.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    it's a shame that there's zay

:s

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    wait, Duran Duran is in HOTS?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    blizzard needs to hire this guy so metzen can consult with him before making any new lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsqaNeoLyck

• Options
    I dunno.

zerg are hungry.

like the wolf.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    wait saurfang is the player from warcraft 2?man that is what i get for not reading any of the quest text.

well i had to assume, i never placed wc2, but saurfang is the only orc boss in icc

ahh wait. see in wc3 the lich king is actually an orc warlock (nerzhul) that the burning legion made a deal with to destroy azeroth.

at the end of 2 it isn't just nerzhul who goes through the portal to be trapped in the twisting nether. it is the head general (the player) some lieutenants and such.

it's definitely not the younger saurfang, and I don't think there's anyone from "that era" you fight in icc

closest I can think of is teron gorefiend, but he's in black temple, not icc, and I didn't think he was supposed to be "the player" either since I think he actually got a unit

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I'm pretty certain no one playing wow these days gives a single shit about the lore. Not sure I ever did, to be honest.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Teron Gorefiend is also an oldschool Death Knight (dead orc warlock's spirit put into the corpse of an Azerothian Knight)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    in my head the first boss of ICC is the guy I'm thinking of.

But I'm not sure that is canon.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    b...bonestorm?

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BONESTORM!

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    My only real healing experience is as a druid in Cata heroics, when they were really pushing triage so everyone got to stay at half health or I ran out of mana. It basically made me hate the playerbase and is probably a large part of why I gave up on MMOs entirely. As dps at least there's some satisfaction in executing my role well, whereas healing it's either completely boring because everyone is competent, or fucking garbage because everyone is a moron.

I kinda did play WoW for the lore at first, which is another reason why I quit. Got into the franchise with WC3 where I'd mained night elf, who have proceeded to do exactly jack and shit in the past eight years or whatever it is now.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Like four pages late here but someone mentioned Rift and the soul system

And soon they're going to be introducing one more soul for each of the four classes that will finally allow each class to perform all three roles

Mage is getting a Tank soul that uses barrier spells and shit, Rogue is getting a Healer soul that shoots HEALING SYRINGE ARROWS, and Warrior is getting a melee healer soul of some sort that to be totally honest I didn't find interesting enough to look into more closely. Though with Warlord, a support healer Warrior would probably be pretty rad these days.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Shen wrote: »
    My only real healing experience is as a druid in Cata heroics, when they were really pushing triage so everyone got to stay at half health or I ran out of mana. It basically made me hate the playerbase and is probably a large part of why I gave up on MMOs entirely. As dps at least there's some satisfaction in executing my role well, whereas healing it's either completely boring because everyone is competent, or fucking garbage because everyone is a moron.

I kinda did play WoW for the lore at first, which is another reason why I quit. Got into the franchise with WC3 where I'd mained night elf, who have proceeded to do exactly jack and shit in the past eight years or whatever it is now.

I had fun Druid healing in Cata, but I was playing pretty much exclusively with shamblers, who aren't a bunch of dick bags.

Hearthstone makes me wanna play wow again, but man, the time to play an MMO just doesn't exist any more.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm just not down with the time commitment I feel a sub game requires. Also I'm not too keen on the endgame focus a lot of mmos have. Make your whole damn game interesting please, I enjoy progression done well. Used to love soloing group quests and even dungeons before the cata revamp, shame they gutted all of that.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Fuck, I was listening to a movie review that started talking about Dinosaur movies, and I just remembered one from my childhood.

It was about 3 kids (two teenagers, one not teenager) who get sent back in time by aliens to learn about prehistory, with the final result being, I think, that empathy was the most important evolutionary trait is what made humans important enough to warrant all this alien time travel crap. The title screen was SUPER amatuer bullshit that was basically the most basic tricaster effects with the titles against a static background. One of the kids, IIRC, had a lock of hair constantly over one his (or hers) eyes. Cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, though IIRC, it could have easily been a redubbed anime and have two different names. I could have sworn "Dinosaurs" was in the title though. I remember watching this 20+ years ago. Any ideas? I can't get specific enough for google to help.

EDIT: After going through a huge list of IMDB listings for Dinosaurs, I think it was "Age of the Great Dinosaurs"

Artstyle looks way more cartoonish than I remember. I'm probably never going ot find a copy of this with the english dub. :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If you play a healer like a damage dealer but reversed then you're either overgeared for the content you're attempting or you're a terrible healer and the other healers are taking up the slack.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    In my head the ideal mmo was also something like dark souls gameplay, with a really in depth crafting system and a lot of weird side abilities like climbing skills and sailing and farming

also the main game would take place on a large central continent and outside that would be a massive generated archipelago full of cool geometry where you could build homesteads or fight over land

YES yesyesyesyesyes

Dark souls 2 multiplayer is the best when It works too

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The tank characters do wide sweeping attacks that pull in enemies.

The DPS juggle chain enemies that they separate off the main groups.

The healers go around solving puzzles to gather healing orbs to heal everyone.

Nah might as well just ditch the trifecta entirely, it is old and tired.

Everyone should just be different flavors of DPS and you should be able to clear any encounter with a team entirely composed of one class. Monster Hunter style.

i like tanking

Well then in Monster Hunter you would probably play a Lancer, who has a giant shield and lance, and who can block attacks to launch vicious counter attacks, instead dodging or running away like other weapons, but you are still doing damage.

I am not sure if tanking really makes sense for a character action game.

Thank you for giving me an excuse to post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuVr5dceFRE&sns=em

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I wish I could check a box on my Battle.net account that would then automatically skip any and all dialogue in every Blizzard game

Save me the trouble, cause I'm gonna do it anyway

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Healing in WoW has swung back and forth from "mana is basically infinite" to "Mana is more precious than gold" more than once. Healing in the different eras was pretty different.

The good thing about the trifecta is it forces real cooperation and role-based playing. That tends to be more interesting and challenging than everyone just smacking the boss. Of course if you're missing a role, or that person is bad, then you're screwed, which is a problem. But it's not inherently boring or bad.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    WJEDcSN.png

• Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Healing in WoW has swung back and forth from "mana is basically infinite" to "Mana is more precious than gold" more than once. Healing in the different eras was pretty different.

The good thing about the trifecta is it forces real cooperation and role-based playing. That tends to be more interesting and challenging than everyone just smacking the boss. Of course if you're missing a role, or that person is bad, then you're screwed, which is a problem. But it's not inherently boring or bad.

The only thing I hate about trifecta is that being a healer is fucking thankless

But thats a human problem, not the system

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I love playing healers

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I made a goblin priest back at the start of Cataclysm, and I actually thought the healing was a ton of fun

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Make me an MMO where the healing is done with short Trauma Centre like sequences.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I tank in WoW because I think it is by far the easiest job

all I gotta do is smack this one dude, possibly more, but I'm a death knight so I just smack my bloodboil key with my face over and over when it comes to that, otherwise I just basically run a dps rotation on one dude and do shitty dps, but nobody gives me shit for that because i'm the taaaaaaank.

also I now have over a million health in raids which is SUPER COOL

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I kinda miss playing WoW

Tauren Balance Druid 4 lyfe

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    TROLL HUNTER REPRESENT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The only thing I really miss about WoW are my mounts. At some point I need to resub just so I can get the 25 man heroic tier 10 set and get a figure print of my rogue wearing that and the legendary daggers.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I've considered getting a figureprint of my new Main, Hunterb (cause huntera was taken, you see) to go with my old one of old huntera

but then I remembered how much the first one cost and I was like "ha... ha ha ha... ha... ha"

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Story wise, do you need to have played Infamous 1 and 2 to play Second Son? I have both games (1 from the PSN hack, 2 from PS+), but never got around to them.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Story wise, do you need to have played Infamous 1 and 2 to play Second Son? I have both games (1 from the PSN hack, 2 from PS+), but never got around to them.

Not really

The state of the world in Second Son comes from what happens at the end of inFamous 2, but they lay it out pretty quick at the start

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »

I have played neither of those games and I loved Second Son.

signature.png

This discussion has been closed.