As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 - ROOM SHARE THREAD

• Malespy007Malespy007 Registered User new member
    edited March 2014
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 4/10
    Date Leaving: 4/13 or 4/14 (depends)
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: Male (27)
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: twindragon1973@yahoo.com

Additional Notes: I don't take up much space. I get alone with most people and this will be my first Pax event. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Malespy007 on
  • swuswu Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday April 10th
    Date Leaving: Monday April 14th
    My Gender: Male
    Best Contact Method: PM or cyphrex (at) gmail (dot) com

Additional Notes: I've been to a few PAX primes, this would be my second PAX East but I haven't been to either in the last few years. I'm also looking at securing a place possibly via airbnb but if anyone has space available that would be awesome.

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: The Colonnade Hotel (http://www.colonnadehotel.com, about a 15 minute free shuttle ride or 20 minute MBTA commute to convention centre)...across the street from a huge mall that has a Cheesecake Factory!
    Cost: $1,048.66 USD divided by # of people ($524.18 USD each if 2, $349.45 USD each if 3, $262.09 USD if 4...will adjust price based on duration of stay if shorter than 4 nights, please ask for exact quote)
    Date Arriving: Thursday, April 10 (afternoon/early evening)
    Date Leaving: Monday, April 14 (morning)
    Spots Available: 1 floor space
    Best Contact Method: PM on this forum

Additional Notes: I don't party, drink or anything else in the hotel room and request that any fellow lodgers do the same. PAX has a lot to see and do, and I use the room for basic functions only such as sleeping, storing merchandise and showering.

This will be my 7th PAX (every one since 2011 except for Australia last year), and I mostly attend a ton of panels and check out parts of the host city if time permits.

PM me if interested!

Headhunter on
    "Perception is reality." -unknown
  • EuronEuron Registered User new member
    edited March 2014
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Friday April 11th
    Date Leaving: Sunday April 13th
    Spots Needed: 2
    My Gender: Male x2
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: email me- Euron131@gmail.com

Additional Notes: This is my friend and I's first time at PAX East, and we REALLY need a room to stay in. We won't take up much room and only really need the room to sleep and keep our stuff. We're both 21, don't smoke, and of course love video games, if any of those were concerns. Please don't be shy to ask anything about us you wanna know! E-mail me if interested!
    Also, may be bringing an NES. Maybe.

zerzhul on
  • BluEncoreBluEncore Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: 4/14
    My Gender: Male (22)
    Best Contact Method: paulbishaidesign@gmail.com

Additional Notes: Don't require much space. Prefer walking distance to con. Pretty sociable guy, would like other game-loving folks to chill with. I won't hound you throughout PAX, I have friends going, just need a place to stay. Always down for company, though. :smiley:

• TonyCatastropheTonyCatastrophe I play games and such. NHRegistered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE (Or willing to split, anyway):

Hotel: Best Western University Hotel Boston

Total Cost: $398(+14.45%{+$20 for spare bed}) total, half that for the willing roomie.

Date Arriving:Friday, April 11, 2014 (from 3:00 PM)

Date Leaving: Sunday, April 13, 2014 (until 11:00 AM)

Number of Spots Available: One.

My Gender: Male.

Your Gender: Whichever.

Best Contact Method: TonyV311@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: King Room, currently at one bed but according to Booking, can add $10 a day for another bed, bringing an Aerobed (I'll sleep on if necessary) anyway. I may go out at night if there's anything going on but am responsible, respectful and quiet(Same would be nice). If you have questions, I may have answers. XD

ph6bldgj1m7u.jpg
  • wanderingscribe@gmail.comwanderingscribe@gmail.com Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE:

Hotel: Omni Parker House
    Total Cost: $400.58 (asking $100 per roomie)
    Date Arriving: Friday, April 11, 2014
    Date Leaving: Sunday, April 13, 2014
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    My Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method: PM or Email (wanderingscribe @ gmail dot com)

Additional notes: All I ask is that you be a respectful non-smoker/non-drinker (or that you don't come in drunk late at night). I'm using the room to shower, store stuff, and sleep so I'd prefer if it were a peaceful and safe place to come back to.

wanderingscribe@gmail.com on
    If games are just for kids, I'm never gonna grow up.

• misterjeffmisterjeff Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 4/11
    Date Leaving: 4/13
    Spots Needed: 3
    My (our?) Gender(s): 1 Male, 2 Female
    Best Contact Method: PM on here and we can coordinate further communications for organizing this

Add. Notes: My girlfriend, her sister, and I (the three people going) have hosted people before, and we were hoping that we might get that same generosity back. We're friendly, fun, clean, trustworthy, and quiet adults. We're willing to sleep on the floor if necessary as well. We would prefer a hotel within walking distance of the BCEC (less than a mile preferably with the Westin, Seaport or Renaissance being the dream!) but we're also not going to be too picky. Also, we don't snore! Thanks!

misterjeff on
  • PeityPeity Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Marriott Residence Inn Downtown/Seaport (a new place very near the convention center)
    Total Cost: $1,130 (It doesn't need to be split equally. Make an offer.)
    Date Arriving: April 10
    Date Leaving: April 13 (I'm switching to Embassy Suites for one more night)
    Number of Spots Available: 1 or 2 (one bed, a pull out couch in the main living area, is available)
    Best Contact Method: e-mail at peit.online at gmail dot com

Additional Notes/Requests:

Two important things! One, this room has a full kitchen! (It's just missing an oven, but everything else is there.) It's ideal for people like me who have problems eating out due to food allergy/sensitivity issues. Read more about this new hotel here: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/bosfp-residence-inn-boston-downtown-seaport/ As far as I know, the main bed is separate from the rest of the place, so there is a bit more privacy that way compared to most rooms. My current plan is to keep the main bed for myself.

Two, I don't drink or smoke or party late. I don't care if you drink responsibly (and there is a fridge for storing drinks), but I can't be around smoke (or smokey clothes) or perfume for that matter, and I do need sleep so I don't want someone stumbling in loudly at 4am. I'm actually pretty laid back and will be busy with PAX activities most of the day.

zerzhul on
  • nlduggannlduggan Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

My Gender: 1 Male (20)
    Best Contact Method: Pm me here or email me at nlduggan@yahoo.com I don't need much space I'm just gonna use the room to keep my stuff sleep and shower.

• GaiaMaidenGaiaMaiden Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Best contact Method: email me at gaiamaiden9@gmail.com

Additional notes: I am a very responsible, friendly, and courteous person looking for a room to crash in. I will likely be spending most of my time at the convention or with other friends. I would like to have a peaceful room for sleeping and am willing to sleep on the floor if the need arise, but otherwise I'm fine with whatever.

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Hyatt Regency Boston
    Total Cost: $824.04 (includes taxes)
    Date Arriving: 4/10/14
    Date Leaving: 4/14/14
    Best Contact Method: Direct message through this forum.

Additional Notes/Requests: My reservation is for a single king bed, but the hotel has rollaway beds available. I will be checking-in mid-afternoon, so securing a rollaway should be no problem. I'm the tidy type who goes out of his way to leave minimal work for housekeeping, and I'm pretty low-key. Anyone interested in this room share should be able to describe themselves similarly. I am asking $375 for all four nights, or $100 per individual night if you don't need all four.

Raughn on
  • ManceMance Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE

My Gender: male
    Best contact Method: on here is fine.

Additional notes: I don't mind sleeping on the floor or anything, I just need a place to sleep and put my stuff. If you have all of those dates available that is great, otherwise if you have only the 10th or the 13th available I would happily take that. I can find a place for the 11th and 12th, but would prefer to stay at one place the entire time. Thanks everyone for your consideration and have a great PAX East.

• MoonknightMoonknight Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Logan Airport Hilton
    Total Cost: $200 (whole stay)
    Date Leaving:4/14
    Number of Spots Available:
    My Gender M
    Your Gender: any
    Best Contact Method: Super17ohyeah@yahoo.com

Additional Notes/Requests: 5 already occupying room, 4 M, 1 F. have floor space Mail me if interested.

zerzhul on
  • AviAviAviAvi Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Harborside Inn, less than 30 minute walk and really short bus ride.
    Total Cost: 83 a night for Friday and Saturday.
    Date Leaving:4/13
    Number of Spots Available: 2 floor or bed spots.
    My Gender Male
    Best Contact Method: avi.avital@yahoo.com

Additional Notes/Requests: 2 already occupying room, both male. There is one Queen size bed. I dont mind sleeping on the floor since i have a sleeping bag and have been roughing it at cons for years. Anyone who wants a floor spot is available still.

AviAvi on
  • ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    SPACE FILLED!

Hotel: Holiday Inn Boston Brookline

Total Cost: $804.25

Date Arriving:Thursday, April 10, 2014 (Plane lands at 6pm, so after that)

Date Leaving: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 (until noon)

Number of Spots Available: One. (One twin bed)

My Gender: Male/Female (married couple)

Your Gender: Whichever.

Best Contact Method: zionad AT GMAIL

Notes: The room has two double beds because we had another couple cancel on us. My wife and I will be taking 1 bed, the other is available. We are looking for someone to pay 1/3 the cost of the room. Roughly $270 US ($54/night). Might be willing to take someone on for just a couple days.

Zionad on
    I do it all for the pew pew
  • B for BusinessB for Business Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    FULL

Hotel: Westin Waterfront
    Total Cost: $1,081.55
    Date Leaving: 4/15
    Number of Spots Available:
    Best Contact Method: bforbusiness@gmail.com

I had my other roommates exit at the last second due to unforeseen circumstances, so I've got a single (double occupancy) King room at the westin. I'd like to get 5 in there, so there would be 4 spots including myself of course. I'm an Enforcer, so I won't be in the room much, neither would you, IT'S PAX! :) So it would be for sleeping only. Since there is the one bed, I would propose each of the 5 (if i can fill it! *fingers crossed*) would take turns sleeping on the bed, or sleeping in pairs! Those are big beds. Hope to hear from you!

B for Business on
    Xbox Live - Jaxon121906 10k
    PSN - B_for_Business
  • Just_that_guy_EdJust_that_guy_Ed Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    NEED SPACE:

My Gender: M
    Your Gender: Doesnt Matter
    Best Contact Method: eastanin@live.com or skype me edward.rid

Additional Notes: First time coming to PAX, I will be driving there from Western MA, 22 years old and just need a place to stay for PAX. I don't mind crashing on the floor. Thanks!

Just_that_guy_Ed on
  • cynthihcynthih Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Hotel : Westin Waterfront
    Date Arriving: Fri, 4/11
    Date Leaving : Sun, 4/13
    Spots Needed : About 10sq ft of floor or closet space
    My Gender : 1 Male, 1 Female
    Your Gender : Any
    Best Contact Method: 617-269-8824, pxfzcqx@nwb.net

Additional Notes: We're looking for a room at the Westin
    to store some of our stuff and relax during the convention.

We don't need any room to sleep overnight (but might
    want to take a short nap during the day.)

• Paxman90Paxman90 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: 4/13/14
    Your Gender:
    Best Contact Method: email: jordanvolikas@gmail.com

Additional Notes: First time coming to PAX, I am coming in from NH. I have no issue sleeping on the floor as I have a sleeping bag. Just want to use the room to sleep and shower. I am over 21 so drinks are fine (and I'd be glad to contribute some as well for the trouble) but would prefer non-smoking. I was supposed to stay with friends in the Boston area but their plans are likely changing hence this post. Thanks!

• jakesoapsjakesoaps Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE:

Hotel: Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport

Total Cost: $1550
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Best Contact Method: email: vnguyen87@hotmail.com

Additional Notes: Room has full kitchen. Has one bed (already occupied) separated from the living room, which has a sofa bed. We already have 5 people staying in the room (4 on sunday) but there's plenty of floor space. Might have to bring own blanket/pillow since that will be limited. We're using the room mainly to store our stuff, rest, eat, and sleep. Please email me to discuss any additional details! Hope to hear from you guys soon!

jakesoaps on
  • duevesaduevesa Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Omni Parker Hotel (1.5 miles from Pax, there will be shuttles and public transit is very easy)
    Total Cost: $150 per person (if two people) $200 if we can only get one person.
    Date Arriving: April 10th
    Date Leaving: April 13th
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Your Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method: carla.alexandra.rodriguez@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: My two younger sisters and I are sharing the bed, so there is only floor space available. I can provide an air mattress though (I have two twin air mattress).

zerzhul on
  • skaywooskaywoo Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:4/10/14 or 4/11/14
    Date Leaving:4/13/14
    Spots Needed:1
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender: ANY
    Best Contact Method: email skaywoo@yahoo.com

Additional Notes:

• MikkiMarvelMikkiMarvel Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE
    Date arriving: 4/12
    Date leaving: 4/13
    Spots needed: 1
    My gender: Female
    Your gender: No preference
    Contact info: mikkistith@gmail.com

I drink but don't smoke. I won't demand much space and will be as unobtrusive as possible. Literally just looking for somewhere to rest my body for the evening so I don't have to commute a long distance Saturday night. Expect considerate roommates. :D Not picky on where I sleep or the cost.

• adx2infinitumadx2infinitum Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Your Gender: No preference
    Best Contact Method: Email damianl@sas.upenn.edu

Additional Notes: Hello! I'm a college student from Philly, and this will be my 2nd year going to PAX East. I really just need a place to sleep, store my stuff, and shower. I would be happy to answer any questions you have ASAP. :)

• MissPieceofCakeMissPieceofCake Registered User new member
    Have Space

Date Arriving: Thursday, April 10th
    Date Leaving: Saturday, April 12
    Best Contact Method: Sarah.Trempe@gmail.com

I have 2 different hotels for the nights. April 10th it's a the Hampton the 11th it's at the Double Tree. Preferred at least 21. Price is low so I'd rather not post it here and go over those details through email.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2014
    Since people continue to not be able to read the OP, if you need to edit your post and cannot, PM me. Accounts that do not regularly participate in the forums do not get edit privileges. This is not a valid reason to re-post in here.

zerzhul on
  • TokycoltTokycolt Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: April 10
    Date Leaving: April 13
    Your Gender: doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: tokycolt@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm coming up from Virginia to I might arrive a bit later on the night of the 10th. Also, i'm willing to crash on the floor if necessary.

• d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: 40 Berkeley (hostel)
    Total Cost: $300 total so split down the middle
    Number of Spots Available: 1. I paid for a room for 2 people, would prefer to treat it as such.
    Best Contact Method: unlucky777@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: If you're traveling from NY, we can also carpool there and back! I'm bringing my desktop but still plenty of room in my CRV.

The hostel is a bit of a trek to the center if you're walking but I do plan on getting 3 day parking so I could definitely give you a ride there and back. I believe there are also nearby shuttle locations. I'm also doing BYOC so if you need to stash things, I would more than gladly store your swag on location in a lockbox I'm bringing or in my car. If you're bringing your own car, there is always free street parking somewhere (just depends on how dedicated you are in looking for one lol). I've always brought my car and parked for free.

I plan on going to as many night time events as possible so if you're into that, you'll have a reliable DD.

As long as I dont pay for damages, you can be as big of a slob as you want.

btw i have been told I snore on and off. I'll supply ear plugs if you want.

d3c0y on
  • Black6xBlack6x Registered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: InterContinental Boston
    Total Cost: $1347 total, so split down the middle
    Number of Spots Available: 2. There are two double beds, so the split is by bed. If you are a couple and take up one bed, the total for both of you would still only be half. Would also deduct 30% of any money obtained from floor space users.
    Best Contact Method: Black6x at Gmail.com

I drink (but don't get crazy). I don't smoke. This is my 4th PAX (3rd East). I tend to go to the night shows and spend most of the day on the floor.

I'm also the guy that put together the meetup event for NYC Redditors, so there is a group of us if you need people to hang with.

Possibility of limited floor space if you are one of those people that plans to just use a sleeping bag. That would be asking $50 a night. for a floor spot.

• FunnelKing27FunnelKing27 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Boston Park Plaza (2 Double beds)
    Total Cost: $600 split evenly
    Number of Spots Available: 2-3
    Best Contact Method: PM on here or twitter @Funnel_King27

Additional Notes/Requests: Im stuck paying for this Hotel solo cause my buddy just backed out today. The total cost for both days is $600 but I would like to split that up between 2-3 people if possible. That would leave us at $75-100/person/night. Im 26 years old, clean and cool. This will be my 3rd Pax East. I have been a room share guest the past 2 years. I don't mind taking the floor either depending on circumstance. I will only be using the hotel for sleep at night. Most likely ill be going out for drinks fri and saturday but not getting sloppy lol. I will also offer single night stays at a reasonable price if I cant get anybody for the full stay.
    If interested please get ahold of me ASAP.

FunnelKing27 on
  • xpphantomxxpphantomx Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Have Space

Hotel: Millennium Bostonian Hotel
    Total Cost: 1400. any reasonable offer will be accepted
    Date Arriving: Thursday, April 10th
    Date Leaving: Monday, April 14th
    Best Contact Method: brian.welch1210@att.net

Floor space available. Serious and Reasonable offers only please. Will only accept one person. Hotel is 1.3 miles away from BCEC according to google maps

xpphantomx on
  • hadeatseenhadeatseen Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Omni Parker House, double room
    Total Cost: $200/night, split is negotiable
    Date Leaving: 4/15
    Number of Spots Available: 1 (maybe 2) floor spot
    Best Contact Method: PM on here

Friends backed out, so I have a double room at the Omni Parker to myself. I've heard these aren't the biggest rooms, so I'd like to keep the numbers reasonable. I'm willing to negotiate on the rate split for floor space, and I'd only split the cost of nights used.

zerzhul on
  • CaswynCaswyn Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE (very little space)

Date Arriving: 3/10/2014 (Coming straight in and going to an event that lasts until Midnight)
    Date Leaving: 3/13/2014 (Driving home over night)
    Spots Needed: 1 (floor, what I really only need is a place to shower and park over night! Like seriously, that is it.)
    Your Gender: No Preference
    Best Contact Method: email me at Caswyn@gmail.com or PM me here.

Additional Notes: I am a 39 year old guy (I know, right, eww) that is coming to PAX alone, for the first time. My friend decided to go on a suicide mission to Ukraine (seriously, hes over there to visit some girl) so I am doing this alone. I thought about bringing my 9 year old son, but I want to be able to go out and have some fun at nights, too. I am married, with 2 kids, etc. I am a big PC gamer, board/card/etc gamer. This is a last minute thing for me so I don't have a ton of money to blow on this, so a cheap spot on the floor, running water, and somewhere to park my car is all I need.

• Nick-14Nick-14 Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: 4/12 or 4/13
    My Gender: Male (29yr)
    Best Contact Method: nmucha @ me . com

Additional Notes: I will be arriving friday night, I have a saturday pass, but if 2 nights are available I might be interested in staying saturday night also. I am a chill relaxed guy, just looking for a shower and place to crash.

• peetapandapeetapanda Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: 4/12
    My Gender: 27 yr Male
    Best contact method: PM or ryukagetakashi@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'll be arriving late on thursday around 1130 via flight to boston and i just need a place to stay for two nights. I made pax plans very last minute and scrambling to get things accomplished so I have a great first time. I don't need much space, just a corner and the thin sheet no one ever wants at the hotel room and maybe a pillow (:D). Non smoker, quiet, and responsible.

• Senior_CyclopsSenior_Cyclops Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So the guy I was going to stay with in Boston just had a change of plans so I'm looking for a last minute space to stay.

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 4/10/14 (Around 7pm-9pm is the plan)
    Contact: You could PM me or send me an e-mail at: moaazkoshul@gmail.com. Either way I'll get back to you within an hour or two.

I'm basically just looking for somewhere to sleep. I don't mind the floor at all either. I've been to PAX East twice and PAX Prime once. I'm usually gone by 10:00am and back by midnight to 1:00am. I don't drink or smoke and am pretty neat.
    The best part to me about PAX is meeting new people! I don't cosplay or anything but I am friendly! I'm into tabletop (mostly board games, haven't tried Magic, etc), console, and PC gaming. Let me know please if you want any other information from me. I'm driving up to Boston from North Jersey so if you're in the area and need a ride, we can work that out too!

Thanks!

zerzhul on
  • ZestroZestro Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Residence Inn (200 maple street)
    Total Cost: $897 (Compensation not needed but appreciated - read below!)
    Date Arriving: 4/11/2014
    Date Leaving: 4/14/2014
    Best Contact Method: Zestro@gmail.com

I currently only have a king sized bed reserved so worst case scenario is that you sleep on the floor or they may allow me to change to 2 doubles when I'm there if we request it. This is only for non-smokers. I will be renting a car and would provide transportation as well, so any cosplayers would be more than welcome if you guys don't want to walk to the convention. In terms of compensation, anything you're able to help out with is fine as I was not even expecting to put my room up but I figured I'd see if I can help someone else out.

Send me an e-mail if interested.

zerzhul on
  • ontothenetsite1ontothenetsite1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    NEED SPACE : Can sleep on floor
    Date Arriving: 3/11/2014
    Date Leaving: 3/13/2014
    Your Gender: No Preference
    Best Contact Method: PM here

ontothenetsite1 on
  • LeoT10LeoT10 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Best Contact Method: PM me here or email (leotravis80@gmail.com)

Additional Notes: My fifth PAX overall but I only have a short time to plan out my place to stay arrangements for a small budget (We can talk exact details privately). I need a place to stay for at least a couple of days (Friday night and Saturday night). I don't mind floor space if anyone is willing to lend a hand but I will need an response by Thursday night though since I'll be on route to the con early Friday morning. Looking forward to having a blast at PAX East.

This discussion has been closed.