As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No one in town is trained to use The Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Ditto. I played the first Infamous for a few hours and that's it.

There's no barrier to entry on this new one, and I'm addicted to it. Delsin is one of my favorite new video game characters. Dude is just so likeable.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Shen wrote: »
    My only real healing experience is as a druid in Cata heroics, when they were really pushing triage so everyone got to stay at half health or I ran out of mana. It basically made me hate the playerbase and is probably a large part of why I gave up on MMOs entirely. As dps at least there's some satisfaction in executing my role well, whereas healing it's either completely boring because everyone is competent, or fucking garbage because everyone is a moron.

I kinda did play WoW for the lore at first, which is another reason why I quit. Got into the franchise with WC3 where I'd mained night elf, who have proceeded to do exactly jack and shit in the past eight years or whatever it is now.

Nobody in the alliance has done jack shit since WoW came out. The story is always driven by the Horde (and by Horde I mean Orcs) or random third parties, like the Kirin Tor or the various crusader groups.

I remember when Cata came out and a shit load of old Alliance towns got wiped out, either by natural disasters or the Horde, and the Horde lost only one town that A) you do a quest line to help get back, and B ) it constantly reminds you how the humans only beat the Horde there because they're sneaky dicks that waited for all the warriors to be away and attacked.

Also Stormwind got all messed up and lost a whole district, and Orgrimmar got upgraded with a ton of new buildings.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I also finished Second Son this morning

That final boss was real dumb and the ending seemed pretty abrupt, but overall it was great

I thought I was kinda done with inFamous after 2, but this was probably the best one yet

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    The only thing I really miss about WoW are my mounts. At some point I need to resub just so I can get the 25 man heroic tier 10 set and get a figure print of my rogue wearing that and the legendary daggers.
    I'd do that for my shaman in Tier 8. That armor was boss as fuck.
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I am Patrick Klepek when Fish talks about societal collapse

just

s m h

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Finally watching patrick play dark souls

Fucker killed the Capra demon on his first try, son of a bitch

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

just

s m h

You appear to feel very strongly about this

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    The only thing I really miss about WoW are my mounts. At some point I need to resub just so I can get the 25 man heroic tier 10 set and get a figure print of my rogue wearing that and the legendary daggers.
    I'd do that for my shaman in Tier 8. That armor was boss as fuck.
    maxresdefault.jpg

the shaman Challenge Set for the pandaria heroics have GIGANTIC totems on the shoulders that spew fire when you do /roar

it's fucking amazing

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I didn't see any of the GDC stuff til Best of

Oh man, Patrick just loses it when Fish pulls out the "we need more VR when society collapses."

Just all, "Nope! Not tackling that one!"

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQl88t977xw

There are two surprises in this video

One is the gameplay not being terrible

The other is total biscuit somewhat defending Ninja Gaidens sexism

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    TotalBiscuit isn't someone I find myself agreeing with on social issues

His response to the Hotline Miami 2 controversy was "Oh so it's okay to murder dozens of people but rape is bad now?!"

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Yeah

TB is great because he gives really good in depth breakdowns of games and their business models

He is not my go to guy for opinions though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    one of totalbiscuit's videos was how I first found out about Smite

that's... about the full extent of my opinion on him, really

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    You have ti flip a coin to tell if his opinion is going to be awful on something

His stuff on steam and youtubes new "features"? Yeah those were great

Social stuff? Couldn't care less

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    also TB is boycotting SEGA for some reason?

• Options
    You have ti flip a coin to tell if his opinion is going to be awful on something

His stuff on steam and youtubes new "features"? Yeah those were great

Social stuff? Couldn't care less

Yeah, precisely

Like, if a game is even a little like Deus Ex, I'll want to hear what he thinks of it, since I know that he and I like Deus Ex for the same reason

But anytime he gets on his soapbox my eyes just sort of glaze over

• Options

I think he didn't like a business practice of theirs or something?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

just

s m h

You appear to feel very strongly about this

s m d h

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

It was due to their whole Shining Force debacle.

Basically they shut down a bunch of channels that even just mentioned SF (due to an ongoing argument over Sega making bad SFs recently), and that put a bunch of noteworthy channels out of commission. Even when Sega admitted they were dumb, they still refused to restore the channels. Hence TB going out and defending his Youtube buddies by boycotting/bringing attention to this.

• Options
    Man

Shining Force II is better than most Fire Emblem games

I'd have loved that to stick around as a good series

• Options

It was due to their whole Shining Force debacle.

Basically they shut down a bunch of channels that even just mentioned SF (due to an ongoing argument over Sega making bad SFs recently), and that put a bunch of noteworthy channels out of commission. Even when Sega admitted they were dumb, they still refused to restore the channels. Hence TB going out and defending his Youtube buddies by boycotting/bringing attention to this.

Oh, yeah!

In that case I think I'm on his side to be honest

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    In my head the ideal mmo was also something like dark souls gameplay, with a really in depth crafting system and a lot of weird side abilities like climbing skills and sailing and farming

also the main game would take place on a large central continent and outside that would be a massive generated archipelago full of cool geometry where you could build homesteads or fight over land

Ultima online is still the best

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My perfect MMO uses the housing from Star Wars Galaxies. I want very intricate item movement controls so I can make crazy murals on the wall of my house out of the random junk I find in the game.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I think my two favorite housing systems are rifts dimensions and ffxivs neighborhoods

dimensions are amazing because its Garry's mod. You can recreate the batcave or you can make a CSS surf map

neighbrohoods are awesome because you have actual physical neighbors. I attended a block party in ffxiv! That's rad

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Sega has no ideas what it's doing with the Shining series. I mean look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_(series)

Console games, arcade games, phone games. Action games, JURPs, Tactical RPGs. Most of which stays in Japan. It's a mess.

Shining Force 2 is still one of the best RPGs ever made though.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I think my two favorite housing systems are rifts dimensions and ffxivs neighborhoods

dimensions are amazing because its Garry's mod. You can recreate the batcave or you can make a CSS surf map

neighbrohoods are awesome because you have actual physical neighbors. I attended a block party in ffxiv! That's rad

How was the awkward small talk

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

fucking Steve wouldn't shut up about his fucking coil static clearing turn 5 ugh I hate Steve so much

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

fucking Steve wouldn't shut up about his fucking coil static clearing turn 5 ugh I hate Steve so much

Classic Steve

• Options
    Jennifer's Chocobo took a shit on my lawn

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I'm imagining a chicobo shit and its terrifying

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Confession time I'm pretty sure I've never actually played World of Warcraft.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Confession time I'm pretty sure I've never actually played World of Warcraft.

You aren't missing much.

My favourite stories around WoW are my friend's who was on a role playing server and guild, with a bunch of people who clearly never played a war craft game and were just doing standard teenager role playing stuff like being a half vampire angel demon.

It was, amazing. At the time anyway.

• Options
    this is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rSLInBkY9I

KUTARAGI'S WAY

(midly nsfw for cheesy gore effects)

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I wish there was some way to monetize my old wow stuff. unless they finally caved to the casuals and let people get plagued proto-drakes. people spend $25 for floaty horses I know they would spend $$$ on unobtainable stuff

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

just

s m h

I am Funky Patrick when a girl sits next to me

leanin' away

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I wish there was some way to monetize my old wow stuff. unless they finally caved to the casuals and let people get plagued proto-drakes. people spend $25 for floaty horses I know they would spend $$$ on unobtainable stuff

You could straight sell your account, right? I mean it's against the TOS but I bet plenty of people do it.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Hotline Miami is getting a PS4 port, it's probably gonna be cross buy.

Which I think means if you already bought the PS3 or Vita versions, you'll just have the PS4 version added to your PSN account.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

You could straight sell your account, right? I mean it's against the TOS but I bet plenty of people do it.

it's linked to your b.net account though I don't see how that is possible

This discussion has been closed.