As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar]Old Thread, go post in the new thread

1939495969799»

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    There is an amp ability in the esper attack tree that lets you do more damage as long as you are at 100% health. And then some others that proced off of criting or even taking damage. And that was just the assault wedge. I haven't even looked at the defense wedge, but it was stuff that let me maintain focus for gobs longer than I should be able to.

I also like how none of my esper attacks require focus, only healing does. This lets me churn and burn like a pyromancer back in WAR.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    So at the urging of some friends, I put money down on this. Got to play a bit this weekend. It kinda grows on you...

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    So at the urging of some friends, I put money down on this. Got to play a bit this weekend. It kinda grows on you...

tv spot for WildStar

"It kinda grows on you..."

-ironzerg

;-)

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Wildstar might not be the MMO you want, but its the MMO you deserve.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Are there any restrictions on the costume system? Is it basically if you loot it, you can use it regardless of class or type?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Correct gong.
    as long as you loot it into your bag, you can where whatever you want in the costume bracket. Except in pvp, because a persons clothing is more defining than the giant ass gun they are using

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Correct gong.
    as long as you loot it into your bag, you can where whatever you want in the costume bracket. Except in pvp, because a persons clothing is more defining than the giant ass gun they are using

Yeah, all the weapons and abilities are so unique, the silhouette thing is absolute horseshit.

The guys who legit think that allows them to identify targets easier, are guys who just need to get better at PvP. You should be picking your targets on weak playing, not what class they are. Especially since builds and abilities can be so wildly different even within a given class.

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    You have to be the right level and be able to wear it normally, IIRC. So Warriors and Engineers can wear anything as a costume, Spellslingers and Espers are stuck to light armor even for costuming.

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Correct gong.

Yeah, all the weapons and abilities are so unique, the silhouette thing is absolute horseshit.

The guys who legit think that allows them to identify targets easier, are guys who just need to get better at PvP. You should be picking your targets on weak playing, not what class they are. Especially since builds and abilities can be so wildly different even within a given class.

It's more baffling that they suggest this even when 2/3rds of the main modes of instanced PvP are clusterfucks visually. I'll call bullshit on anyone who seriously suggests they can notice what kind of armor someone is wearing in a 5 v 5 man brawl, much less the 40 v 40 man of a brawl you can get in Warplots.

SomeWarlock on
    You have to be the right level and be able to wear it normally, IIRC. So Warriors and Engineers can wear anything as a costume, Spellslingers and Espers are stuck to light armor even for costuming.

negative. My esper could slot heavy armor into costume slots

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    They were supposed to be doing something with costuming soon. I remember reading that it would need to be set up elsewhere but you could switch anywhere. I think dyes currently work like this because they used them as an example.

In other words, costumes might still be changing a bit. Although, I noticed the edit UI for them no longer goes behind the char window.

So I have been watching pvp vids because I already am going through withdrawal, and I came upon this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SEeil9lMbw

Like... I have not seen a single vid before this in PVP of the game running that smooth. It almost looks like a different game. Its outright freaky. Does ANYONE run the game like this?

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular

I don't think that is correct, as someone mentioned during the weekend they could costume heavy armor on their esper.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    My FPS was a bit inconsistant. There were times when my PVP looked pretty much like that video but then some matches it would get choppy here and there. Given I had a few crashes that seemed to indicate a memory leak was happening I am guessing they had a high end box and that was made early after they started wildstars for the day.

Mine ran well, especially in PvP.

Most hitches I remember, in any situation, were when a Medic spammed their AoE thingies.

• Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    It should be known, I officially have the 31st through the 1st off.

So.

You know.

I can get a headstart.

And all ya'll should join me.

Well, seeing as that's a weekend and I have weekends off....

I fully intend to be an Engineer Tank, I just need to have more time to see how tanking in this game works. I used to be a really awesome Draenei Paladin back in the old WoW days.

I see most people aren't interested in Exiles, but if there is an Exile guild, I'll be a Granok, since I made a guy that looks so much like my old Paladin. If I'm Dominion though, I'll be a Mechari all the way.

My wife is also playing, so she'll go along with whatever. She's still deciding what class she likes best.

I'm more interested in Exiles than Dominion right now, based upon the single fact that I like the Human appearance better than the Cassians. Will be playing on a PvP server though.

In the next beta weekend, I'll actually try the Dominion and see which I like better. I'm still leaning towards Exiles though. They remind me of the Browncoats from Firefly.

My friend had the best analogy for what Wildstar is after I said it was "Dreamworks the MMO."

"Cloudy with a Chance of PvP"

steam_sig.png
    I am super serious about the pvp in this game. I mean, i know that pvp tends to be a little more fun in the early levels just because out things, so i hope it's this entertaining at end game when the gear treadmill starts.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I never did go check out my house or pvp action, never saw any way to goa bout that, granted I only got to 11 and 10 respectivly on differnt chrs.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Draeven wrote: »
    I never did go check out my house or pvp action, never saw any way to goa bout that, granted I only got to 11 and 10 respectivly on differnt chrs.

You can start BGing at level 6. I didn't get a chance either unfortunately. Didn't get a ton of time to play this weekend :(

Question: Does anyone know if that beta armor they're giving out each week will carry over to release?

steam_sig.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular

You can start BGing at level 6. I didn't get a chance either unfortunately. Didn't get a ton of time to play this weekend :(

Question: Does anyone know if that beta armor they're giving out each week will carry over to release?

They're giving out stuff for playing during the beta weekends?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Saldonas wrote: »

They're giving out stuff for playing during the beta weekends?

Yeah... I logged on Sunday and there was a system messaging saying basically "Thanks for participating! Come back every weekend to collect the whole set."

Got a sweet pair of gauntlets that looked like something Batman would wear. They had no stats though. It's merely a costume piece.

steam_sig.png
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Did we get that on our chracters already ? man I feel like I didn't investigate this gmae to the extent I should of. I really think with the next beta weekend im gong to actually read the lore I unlocked, read over all the little bits and not just quest grind like usual.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Did we get that on our chracters already ? man I feel like I didn't investigate this gmae to the extent I should of. I really think with the next beta weekend im gong to actually read the lore I unlocked, read over all the little bits and not just quest grind like usual.

I'll save my lore for those inevitable times you're waiting on other players. Pressing the jump button can only entertain you for so long.

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2014
    Also, with housing...

just because you *can* buy all the bells and whistles for your house, doesn't mean you should. You can very easily blow your first 15gold on starter stuff.

gold that you need for your ability training and trade skill and mount. I'm dead serious about this.
    the only thing that I would recommend as soon as you get a house is to put down your gathering node(s).

I'm not sure what the most efficient way is, or there may not be with housing. It is a definite money sink, and with enough stuff, it provides gobs or rest XP for you and your tradeskill.

you can set your guildies or friends as neighbors so that you can visit each others houses. With gathering nodes on your property, you can let those neighbors mine them, and you get a portion of the proceeds (not sure on percentage).

doesn't sound good? Well, you can place all types of gathering nodes on your property. If you're a wood gatherer and you need metal? Put a mine down. Now your friends are giving you metal for the trouble of gathering it.

there is a lot more to this, but this is what beezil and I found out and are brainstorming about

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    What's going to happen is what always should, and usual does, happen in PA guilds for games like this.

You ask the guild, and it shall provide.

For housing stuff, once we're organized, you shouldn't need to spend money on basic housing stuff. Even more true with how crafting works.

Looking at the survey, there's no real solid plan for servers/guilds?

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Can you make one of everything at your house plot or are the slots more limited? Can you further specialize with multiples of the same gathering node--if that's even beneficial.

its kinda in flux at the moment @‌saldonas
    for the moment, there are 2 guilds for beta, which should transfer to headstart and launch, if not necessarily the same servers.

There is a PVE Dominion guild on Nexus server, lead by Beezel
    There is a PVP Exile guild on Pergus server, lead by SniperGuy.

I'm sure when the new thread is posted, there will be a splash for the exact details in the post just under the OP

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    If you have a new and better OP planed, just PM a mod to close this one early and knock it out.

its kinda in flux at the moment @‌saldonas
    for the moment, there are 2 guilds for beta, which should transfer to headstart and launch, if not necessarily the same servers.

There is a PVE Dominion guild on Nexus server, lead by Beezel
    There is a PVP Exile guild on Pergus server, lead by SniperGuy.

I'm sure when the new thread is posted, there will be a splash for the exact details in the post just under the OP

Nice, I'll have to look for an invite when the next beta weekend comes along.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
This discussion has been closed.