As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb], Greasy Ham

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I haven't seen many people that think boa is a good idea, so. and I'm not getting ros.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I haven't seen many people that think boa is a good idea, so. and I'm not getting ros.

Boa is a good idea, the way they've done it maybe isnt great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    BoA isn't inherently a bad idea but the way they've implemented it is certainly piss poor

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't play with people often enough to make BOA a big issue for me, but I can see how it would irk people who do

plus I don't play super-optimized characters so I don't really mind not getting optimal equipment.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Can I ask why you keep playing? It just seems to make you mad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QkuOwFjcw

I just got this as a recommendation on youtube.

Youtube, maybe you're not so bad.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    the gameplay is still good. I imagine I'll play til I get bored like last time, only it will happen a lot sooner.

• Options
    and yes finding a slick legendary that you personally don't need but know someone who would love it and only being able to melt it down is pretty shitty, so I stand by my statement that boa is complete ass.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    new alt f1!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This page is completely gibberish to me

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    @UnbreakableVow‌ tell me more about Deception IV!

Is it as clunky as the last ones? Are the traps elaborate and/or wacky? Can you chain stuff? Can I just string up about 50 rakes for people to step on in a room? How's the Satan worship?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This page is completely gibberish to me

BoA is Bind on Acquire, basically means that once you pick up a piece of equipment it is locked to that character and can not be traded. BoE, Bind on Equip, is another such system.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Wait it's not BoE / BoP in diablo?

blizz why are you making conflicting acronyms all over the damn place

I was thinking y'all were crazy 'cause BoA (bind on account) is exactly what diablo needs

• Options
    I'm not far in it, it's not even officially out yet and also I just spent the last few hours watching the new Muppets movie

The demon worshipping seems adequate enough, the main character also has three demon "shadows" that are part of her spirit and come out during cutscenes, each one representing the different types of Warl

Warl is split up by types now, too - Sadistic, Elaborate and Humiliating - and the more you use of each one dictates how fast you unlock things in each category of traps. So I could set up a bear trap, drop a pumpkin on their head, until they stumble forward into a spike wall's range, and let the spike wall pull them back to the retractable spikes and then shoot them with an arrow slit and drop a boulder on their head oh shit I just thought of this one, I have to go try this

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh wait... I think BoA is bind on account...

I forgot the term was BoP.

Man.

Been too long since I've played an MMO (in truth it has not been long enough).

• Options
    it's bind to account so your other characters can use them but you cannot do anything else with them. the entire reason they did it is because someone might buy something with money. oh no. the horror

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The demon worshipping seems adequate enough

this would be a good quote for the back of the box

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Phil Fish and Dave Lang hold special places in my heart re: this GDC

Phil Fish just going to town on that Buckfast and also THE POST-SOCIETAL COLLAPSE VR

and Dave Lang just bein' in the lang zone

Dave Lang more like Dave Drank mirite

• Options
    Seeing BoA capitalized in that particular way always makes me think of

5zyqzQD.png

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWzI1gU__vY

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Oh god the new Spock is in this FMV game.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    on a different subject here is a snowman

X4JEC9e.jpg

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i'm sold on ffxiv

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    It's becoming increasingly evident that it's a real good thing I don't have anything that can run FF14.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think this weekend I'm going to finally finish the Persona 4 ER

• Options
    Oh shit

I was really tired last night and apparently made the incoherent decision to buy Luftrausers

I just remembered when I saw my game list on the PS3 home screen

Well, I guess I better get on that later

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My Ironman Classic playthrough on Enemy Within is going... okay? I think?

It's been so long since I've played XCom, and I've no experience with EW, so I'm not totally sure how I'm doing time-wise.

I'm three months and change in. Lost a couple countries in Asia, which is a bummer, but everywhere else is fine. Got one colonel, a handful of majors, and everyone else has at least a couple of promotions. Only three deaths so far, all rookies. Have an officer training school, first squad size upgrade, and the one that reduces medbay times. Got laser rifles and carapace armor, but no meld tech yet. Getting ready to capture an Outsider for the skeleton key. Broken up a couple of EXALT cells.

It's certainly going better than I thought it would, but I'm not sure how I measure up to where I should be, if that makes any sense.

• Options
    a person lacking scruples can get three wisdom tomes in BG1. that put me at 21 wisdom, which is a boatload of extra spells.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    hahahaha, johnny v has a question for alt+f1 and it's about lightning mcqueen

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Oh God, tomorrow there's a Quick Look for Yaiba.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Unprofessional Fridays is back up. They didn't top of page it so you have to scroll down some to see it

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The crazy part is they already created a method to remove items from the "economy", as it were. (The Mystic binds whatever gear you reroll an affix on to your account)

But then I still feel like a lot of what they did to scour the concept that you might want to trade items with other players from the game entirely maybe went a little too far.

Everything else in Loot 2.0 is pretty great though.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Jars is the vocal minority, and also still playing D3, so

Literally everyone I've spoken to who played it at launch and then after the update agrees that the game is actually fun and satisfying now where it wasn't before

and that's including two people who got a refund on the game because of how shitty it was at launch, bought it again after the update because of universally positive word of mouth, and were impressed enough by the current state of the game that they preordered the expansion

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Ugh why did I buy Luftrausers

Apparently I subscribe to the Chincy school of thought on worthwhile game investments

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Do you... do you not like Luftrausers?

Gundi on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I do not

But I sorta knew I wouldn't!

But I let the infectious positive word of mouth get to me anyways

At least it was only $8

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    people are excited over getting a bunch of big upgrades really quick. I wonder what is going to happen when that's over and they are back to sending 90% of the items they find to the forge while being stuck at 3 pieces of their set.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    It is really good at what it does but what it does is pretty limited in scope. Also it's pretty goddamn hard.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    people are excited over getting a bunch of big upgrades really quick. I wonder what is going to happen when that's over and they are back to sending 90% of the items they find to the forge while being stuck at 3 pieces of their set.

probably stop playing, or play different classes

it doesn't have to be a perpetually enjoyable game, but it wasn't even temporarily enjoyable to most people in its previous incarnation

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Second Son is pretty rad so far and Delsin is a great character, and it was a very pleasant surprise to discover he is Native American! Always nice to see more representation of NA tribes in games. And the tribe is pretty grrat too. Also Reggie.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Second Son is pretty rad so far and Delsin is a great character, and it was a very pleasant surprise to discover he is Native American! Always nice to see more representation of NA tribes in games. And the tribe is pretty grrat too. Also Reggie.

Fake tribe

This discussion has been closed.