As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Map Fortress 2: Pound Nails Into Your Dicks With Hammer!

19495969798100»

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    My top two are Harvest at 133 and Badwater at 67, which conveniently add up to 200... (if you exclude the 6 times on event harvest and the 3 times on snowy badwater).

Also, due to my username, I feel I must share the greatest commercial ever to grace the Video Game Industry:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVcEdnmhVqI

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    }
    "cp_stoneyridge_rc1"
    {
    "viewed" "40"

Please, call me ebo.
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Upward with 13, but I also had to reinstall recently.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    @UEAKCrash‌

Hehehehe that map name.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    hehe

edited March 2014
    Oh shit I have to wake up in about 3 1/2 hours for work and I'm still mapping. Whoops.

But I've got the entire map blocked out and have started working on the audio side of things... But then I need to work on the map again for various shenanigans...

Oh and I guess I should finalize TSL as well. Tomorrow!

UEAKCrash on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Oh shit I have to wake up in about 3 1/2 hours for work and I'm still mapping. Whoops.

But I've got the entire map blocked out and have started working on the audio side of things... But then I need to work on the map again for various shenanigans...

Oh and I guess I should finalize TSL as well. Tomorrow!

If every man had your motivation for mapping, truly the world would be a simultaneously more productive and less productive place.

Can't wait to see the new dubstep themed shenanigans.

488W936.png
    Yeah if only I could apply such motivations to more important things.

It puts the coffee in its mouth or else it dies.

• Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    Yeah if only I could apply such motivations to more important things.

When all you have is Hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Work is incredibly dull today so basically all I'm doing is coming up with more ridiculous and difficult to implement ideas for this map.

I am physically incapable of half-assing a joke map. Shit is super serious business.

Man, the only thing that still makes me grumpy in this game is flick stabbing. A+ plus you exploited the shitty way melee works in TF2, good job.

Well, that and getting rolled by 4 or more demomen I guess.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I'm always super wary about how I approach spies for that very reason. Also stairs. I'm always waiting for the stair stab attempt. Corners are the only ones that will still catch me off guard.

Stair stabs don't bug me because you can see what their doing and work to avoid it, and they only work in certain parts of the level.

Flick stabs is just a spy running at you and whoops I'm dead.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    stair stabs are almost always so obvious when they're trying to set you up for it

I only get annoyed at those when he jumps at me, I guffaw heartily and airblast him back, and then somehow suddenly I'm dead anyway

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    I love counter stair stabbing people. As in, playing spy and backstabbing the person while they try to jump over you. Shit works both ways.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I got flick stabbed for the first time in awhile today. I had no clue he was a spy and just ran headlong into him in the chaos.

• Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    I love counter stair stabbing people. As in, playing spy and backstabbing the person while they try to jump over you. Shit works both ways.

I know you love doing that, which is why I always prepare to look up and turn around when you start to go near stairs :P

• GoldenCoalGoldenCoal Registered User regular
    Since all the cool kids are doing it. koth_nucleus has 31 views from me.

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I made a light show.

D6CAF1F893C3F21D5D2B6E250CD08EC5AB7EF9D9

Not sure the taunting works.. it works for at least one player but it doesn't work on bots so I can't test if it works for everyone on the point.

Also, bots being flung into the air is hilarious. They don't know what the fuck to do and just try to backpedal in flight.

xzzy on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    stair stabs are almost always so obvious when they're trying to set you up for it

I only get annoyed at those when he jumps at me, I guffaw heartily and airblast him back, and then somehow suddenly I'm dead anyway
    I love this. It's happened at least twice since I started playing again.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

my favorite is when the stairs have limited visibility, like the two staircases under the final cap points on hightower

because what medium-talent spies will do is try to do it blind by just waiting a few beats for you to chase them

so you just wait a second and then they'll just come jumping down, stabbing at nothing

it is the most precious thing

This discussion has been closed.