As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Zdeno [Chat]ra

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    my most embarrassing lol experience in like 4 years of playing--

last season I was p excite to hit gold, sarah was all nice about it even thought it was nerd shit like, congrats honey blah blah

we're visiting her parents, on the 3 hour car ride to their house kinda casting about for things to talk about

sarah brings up I just hit gold to her mom, cue her mom trying to feign interest in some nerd shit and me wanting to throw myself out of the car

skippy was the dragonmaster

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    No, Skippy and PowerPuppies together could lullaby me to sleep until chu comes in wrenching me back to reality

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    the guy must be missing some really important part of his humanity because it seems like he is good at everything except maybe grammar and ability to taste food.
    well he's british isn't he

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Skippy should work for npr with his voice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    1lshEQH.jpg

Tru dat

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I heard you need a noob Morgana in here

Haha oh wait Diablo is out todayyyyyyy and only seven days left is hearthstone season to get my rank up

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

Haha oh wait Diablo is out todayyyyyyy and only seven days left is hearthstone season to get my rank up

OMG Diablo today. Gonna play so much tonight

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I think skippy and cass are the best LoL players in [chat]

They need to fking 1v1 each other at baron for the title.

schex was really good at that game. probably the best i'd seen.

the guy must be missing some really important part of his humanity because it seems like he is good at everything except maybe grammar and ability to taste food.

@surrealitycheck‌ is perfect how dare you slander my beautiful flower!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

are you buying the expansion

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    And what makes Panzer Dragoon Saga such a pain in the ass is that despite it being a very popular game, it got a limited print due to it being towards the end of Saturn's life in the USA.

And despite there being an obvious demand for a game that was just as great as FF7 was for its time, the saturn is a fucking trainwreck to emulate, so they would have to remake the game to re-release it, and seriously nobody is going to do that... especially since all the FMV sequences have not aged well at all and would need to be rerendered, and I doubt they have the assets any more.

It's pretty much lost to time, or the insane collectors at this point. And that is a shame.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    geth, status report

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Situation report:

Thread Recycle: page 100
    We keep you safe.

guys honestly every time i think about playing LoL again, i look at my phone and remember, 'oh hey tinder'

Arch,
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

This is my problem

"Come LoL with us!"

Uhh..... but.... but.... but.... loot!

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    geth, what is the meaning of life?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    i have never played Diablo before

would i like it

is it like WoW

Arch,
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You can't find new and interesting ways to be offended by me in Vent if you are getting loot though.

I am serious though Skippy should work for NPR. Found your new career path Skippy.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Podly wrote: »
    I think skippy and cass are the best LoL players in [chat]

They need to fking 1v1 each other at baron for the title.

schex was really good at that game. probably the best i'd seen.

@surrealitycheck‌ is perfect how dare you slander my beautiful flower!

you guys can split a chicken parm plate

you can eat the tomato sauce and chicken and he will pick the breading off the chicken and eat that with the noodles

it will be like a lady and the tramp moment

Wqdwp8l.png

I pre-ordered the digital ce Friday
    It comes with the hearthstone packs!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

This is my problem

"Come LoL with us!"

Uhh..... but.... but.... but.... loot!

Dish bish even leaves the LoL client up to farm invites.

Then 20 minutes after your round starts he's like "olol I'm playing another game sorry you're not good enough fyi hth"

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

would i like it

is it like WoW

If you enjoy clicking and mowing down through unceasing hordes of enemies while your numbers continue to ever so slightly increase then yes, you will like it.

guys honestly every time i think about playing LoL again, i look at my phone and remember, 'oh hey tinder'

WE KNOW, YOU LIKE TO HAVE SEX

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

would i like it

is it like WoW

Not really?

I mean, it's kind of like WoW, in that you are running around killing baddies and getting loot. But it's third person, you have much fewer abilities, and there aren't a bunch of quests like "go kill 8 boars" and shit. You're playing through a story.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Writing resumes is fun guys.

Kill me

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    @Dunadan019‌ im just sayin if ur not using it...

I will buy you a cocktail at PAX? a...fancy one?

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage

dang

I was kinda curious to see how the new loot system/no AH changed the game

but I have shadowrun returns to finish and age of wonders 3 comes out on monday

and now lol again

and I need to spend some time coding after my mom leaves later this week

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    kedinik wrote: »
    I guess the specific objection to BioShock Infinite might be that even in terms of narrative quality it is fairly hard to distinguish from the core formula of System Shock 2, aside that there is a much shinier layer of polish.

i never played SS2. like, the gameplay of BS:I has been, i guess, rightfully criticized as being samey when compared to the other BS games and presumably the SS's too. i guess i didn't find it irritating but gameplay-focused people like schex probably would.

do you mean that the story was the same as SS2? i guess that would be surprising to me, but maybe SS2 was just way ahead of its time?

if i had to name the key innovation from BS:I it would be elizabeth. wherever else they might have taken the easy or obvious route in developing that game, they spared no expense or attention on the elizabeth character and she felt more real and fleshed-out than any other VG character i can think of right now.

To be clear, I'm just repeating a criticism I've heard made by someone else. I haven't played SS2 either.

But from what I gather, SS2 has similar core structure as BioShock - order collapses into disorder, a friendly character gives you guidance, the friendly character was a villain all along.
    BioShock mostly only modified it to be that you had been (a clone of) the ultimate villain all along.

And then BioShock Infinite was pretty similar to BioShock in all those respects, aside that you were the (alternate dimension plus amnesia) villain all along.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.

would i like it

is it like WoW

it's a really clicky isometric brawler

click to make your man move

click to make your man attack

click and hold to make your man continue to attack

right-click to make your man alt-attack

i mean it's best-in-breed for what it is, and it was really the game series that pioneered the modern loot mechanic

but sooo much clicking

i prefer it on console tbh

Wqdwp8l.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Someday he will return to the church, and his sex having days will end.

I have lost one game of hearthstone this last week.

But I only play enough to finish my dailies so I am rank 12 or 13.

u7stthr17eud.png

dang

I was kinda curious to see how the new loot system/no AH changed the game

but I have shadowrun returns to finish and age of wonders 3 comes out on monday

and now lol again

and I need to spend some time coding after my mom leaves later this week

Stop doing lol

Get mad legendaries

Well

mostly just Froyo

Arch,
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

would i like it

is it like WoW

Diablo 3 is basically an action RPG but building your character is more like a deckbuilding game than a traditional RPG.

You can switch all of your abilities out in between combats if you want, so its less "I'm going to make a new mage and be a fire wizard!" and more "I have a wizard deck and I don't like the synergy of these three abilities so I'm going to revamp my deck."

The combat is fun, especially in groups, because you have simple but entertaining combos like "I use bullshit wind magic power to suck everyone into a small vortex, then angry barbarian Bob jumps on top of all of them and they all explode."

Might have the dumbest plot in videogames ever.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

lol it fucking would wouldnt it

Quid wrote: »

would i like it

is it like WoW

If you enjoy clicking and mowing down through unceasing hordes of enemies while your numbers continue to ever so slightly increase then yes, you will like it.

The numbers go up quicker now! They fixed the loot system a lot

I kinda found Diablo boring?

idk the clicking was a lot of clicking.

Like, a lot of it.

I kinda found Diablo boring?

idk the clicking was a lot of clicking.

Like, a lot of it.

it's much more fun with friends obvi

also I obsess over item stats very much too long for people.

"Hang on a second I got a new gun"

*5 minutes pass*

"I just can't be sure if this one is better!!"

yeah ok so probably just stick to LoL then so i can chat inane things to the other team

Arch,
This discussion has been closed.