As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 Information & FAQ. READ THIS FIRST THEN ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

• Options
    ViverraViverra Commander TexasRegistered User regular
    Question... do voice actors attend PAX East without going to any panels? Is there a list anywhere that shows guests not attending panels? Curious if Jennifer Hale (FemShep) will be there :>

Facebook Page | Viverra Cosplay
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Viverra wrote: »
    Question... do voice actors attend PAX East without going to any panels? Is there a list anywhere that shows guests not attending panels? Curious if Jennifer Hale (FemShep) will be there :>
    I don't know of any such list.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    Pax doesn't have guests like an anime convention would. Some of the companies bring in some voice actors and what not. I know Bioware is having a Mass effect both a photo session and an autograph session, but not sure if they listed who exactly is going to be there.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »
    I am wondering the same thing, i plan to bring a bag lunch (subway or something) to try and save a bit of money.

If you're not adverse to seeing a little daylight, there's other (relatively inexpensive) lunch options a pretty short walk from the BCEC (including Subway and Dunkin Donuts, as well as some nice, non-chain, options). That way you don't have to worry about your lunch taking up precious swag space. :)

The con side is you might have to sacrifice a bit of expo floor time. But probably not much....

pilferk on
  • Options
    Eric510Eric510 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User new member
    Alright, I totally see that the hours for PAX East 2014 say from 10am-12am but... is that time simply referring to when scheduled events end (the bands/shows, panels, etc.), and NOT when things like the freeplay, table top, and PC room close shop?
    I tend to try and head out to a bar/party around that time during most PAX's but, I've certainly spent a fair amount of my PAX evenings playing in the tabletop room till they kick me out. I hope that's still an option. :neutral_face:

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    think the building is closing down @ midnight ... from what I gather

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    Eric510 wrote: »
    Alright, I totally see that the hours for PAX East 2014 say from 10am-12am but... is that time simply referring to when scheduled events end (the bands/shows, panels, etc.), and NOT when things like the freeplay, table top, and PC room close shop?
    I tend to try and head out to a bar/party around that time during most PAX's but, I've certainly spent a fair amount of my PAX evenings playing in the tabletop room till they kick me out. I hope that's still an option. :neutral_face:
    The entirety of PAX now closes at midnight. Aus and Prime already made the switch, East is now following suit.

• Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    As far as we can tell, Hale won't be there, or else you'd think she would be part of the cosplay event with Mark and Rana and what not. At least, she isn't there in any official sense, I suppose there isn't much stopping her from showing up as a regular con attendee.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    any idea when the shuttles will be annouced

• Options
    rascrush wrote: »
    any idea when the shuttles will be annouced
    Nope! Probably this week or next week.

• Options
    BreeFaithBreeFaith Voice Actress NYRegistered User regular
    I'm a Voice Actress and PAX won't even offer me any industry badges or anything, it isn't the same as a comic con or an anime convention. From what I know, if you are a voice actor or actress your best bet to going is coming with the company. I'd check to see if the company that has the voices you are interested in as 'guests' at their booths.

Voice Actress from Strife, Heroes of Newerth, Lovely Little Thieves, Huniepop & More
    Casting & Directing for YIIK, Mind: Path to Thalamus, MB Voiceworks
    brittanylauda.com
    www.facebook.com/brittanylaudavo
    @brittanylaudavo
  • Options
    bree what games have u done work for just wondering

• Options
    bree what games have u done work for just wondering
    That's not within the scope of this thread, let's not go that off topic please. That's a solid thing for a PM.

• Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Has anyone found the floor maps available anywhere other than the app?

• Options
    JamersJamers Registered User regular
    Just wondering... I haven't been to PAX since 2011, and one of my favorite memories of that weekend was the ladies' brunch. I haven't seen anything for it on the forums yet; is this going to be a thing this year?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Marino wrote: »
    That's the only official map that is out right now for the con. There is at least one unofficial one floating around too that I saw somewhere today, but I don't have the link handy.

If you want to view the official maps on the web, http://m.guidebook.com/guide/17939/maps/

zerzhul on
  • Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    Any chance there will be a map for the tabletop area vendors/layout too, or at least a list of the vendors there?

I know last year, I might have saved up money for some of the vendors there had I known they were there by the time I passed them on Sunday.

• Options
    klz wrote: »
    Any chance there will be a map for the tabletop area vendors/layout too, or at least a list of the vendors there?

I know last year, I might have saved up money for some of the vendors there had I known they were there by the time I passed them on Sunday.
    I hope there is, but I've not seen one before online. I can look into it though.

• Options
    VideoGameStupidVideoGameStupid Registered User regular
    It was already established earlier that there is a bag storage in the BCEC but what are the hours of operation? I can't stay at a hotel this year and plan to commute from my sisters place every day and am also bringing cosplays along but don't want to wear them the whole time I am there cause of overheating and sweat.

• Options
    It was already established earlier that there is a bag storage in the BCEC but what are the hours of operation? I can't stay at a hotel this year and plan to commute from my sisters place every day and am also bringing cosplays along but don't want to wear them the whole time I am there cause of overheating and sweat.
    I would assume that it operates during show hours, But I don't know for sure. your best bet is to call the BCEC directly since they run the bag/coat storage.

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    The shuttle list went up but does anyone have a map of the routes?

• Options
    The shuttle list went up but does anyone have a map of the routes?
    As far as I know there is no official map of the routes. I'm sure someone could make a facsimile of one on google maps, but it wouldn't be accurate since we don't know what route the shuttles will be taking for certain.

• Options
    Marino wrote: »
    So remember earlier when I said that other maps weren't out yet? they are now.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/188585/pax-east-2014-dyamaps

• Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    klz wrote: »

I hope there is, but I've not seen one before online. I can look into it though.

After helping out there the past few years, the growth of the area and the number of vendors makes it a surprising omission. I know I had mentioned it to Father Fletch near the end of last year, and I think it's big enough that it really should have a map now, but that's also why I think a list of vendors in the area would also least help since people can easily wander around the area, especially after the Expo hall closes.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or has PAX maximized the floor space this year?

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    That actually has zero new information.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

Historically they have operated during show hours (with a 8am start time). With the earlier closing I would be surprised if they don't continue that.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    can someone please link the shuttle list or is that in a dif post i should look for

• Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Question about the badges: I have single day ones for all three days. Should I take them individually or is it ok to put all three together on a lanyard? Also, I hear that lanyards are given out at PAX but should I get one to put my badge on for Friday morning?

Renneesme on
    3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    i personally bought one at walmart for like 2.00 just cause i like having things ready and this way you can cut it to how far you want it to hang so on so fourth. From what i have heard though it would be very easy to just grab one before you head in on friday. As far as passes i personally would suggest one each day and not all 3 but you prob can do either way i would assume.

• Options
    can someone please link the shuttle list or is that in a dif post i should look for
    It's in the hotel thread, it's also on http://east.paxsite.com under the hotels and travel section

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular

http://east.paxsite.com/hotels-and-travel

Scroll down --> Shuttle Information.

Renneesme wrote: »
    Question about the badges: I have single day ones for all three days. Should I take them individually or is it ok to put all three together on a lanyard? Also, I hear that lanyards are given out at PAX but should I get one to put my badge on for Friday morning?

Your own personal preference really. There are usually bins at the front entrance with literally hundreds of free lanyards (granted, they're generic and not the best), so I wouldn't worry about needing to get one in advance.

Personally, I kept my badges separate, no need to risk losing a Saturday/Sunday badge on a Friday. If you are going to keep all three together, make sure your lanyard's clip is strong enough to hold onto all three.

• Options
    AnnaRoyalAnnaRoyal North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I has question... Are there any rules on vaping imposed by either PA or BCEC? I mean I don't use vapes with nicotine so I don't see why it would bother anyone, and who doesn't like the smell of sweets and mint. =)

I love Tacos.
    WoW: BanAnnaPi#1341
    Steam: BanAnnaPie
    Origin: BanAnnaPie
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 - 6540 - 5643
    https://twitter.com/xAnnasaurusx
  • Options
    AnnaRoyal wrote: »
    I has question... Are there any rules on vaping imposed by either PA or BCEC? I mean I don't use vapes with nicotine so I don't see why it would bother anyone, and who doesn't like the smell of sweets and mint. =)
    I have not seen any rules that call out electronic cigs or anything like that one way or the other. Best bet is to call the BCEC as it would likely be their rule if there is one.

• Options
    VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    I was looking at the Guidebook and noticed a bunch of blue "bag" icons over a few booths on the show floor. What are these for?

KvTUvIQ.png
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    VmKid wrote: »
    I was looking at the Guidebook and noticed a bunch of blue "bag" icons over a few booths on the show floor. What are these for?

They look more like pinny arcade logos to me.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    VmKid wrote: »
    Those are to mark official pinny arcade pin vendors/partners

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Renneesme wrote: »

PAX is going to hate this answer, but here it is.

If you bought a 3 day pass you are entitled to 1SWAG BAG. If you bought 3 - 1 day Passes you are entitled to 3 SWAG BAGS. Honestly, I would not wear the prior days passes, because when you go to grab a swag bag, the "Didn't you get one yesterday?" question will be asked by at least one person.

Dolarrah on
  • Options
    what are in these swag bags and were do u get them.