As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Steam Thread Tournament

akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
edited March 2014 in Critical Failures
Continuation of a running contest from the Games & Technology Steam Thread. Links to the past events can be found in the Steam Group on my signature.

Battle Twenty-Seven

"Captain" Mudbudd put a little too much theatrical flair into his screaming charge, and neglected to keep his guard up. Dyvim Tvar split his skull open with one heavy overhead swing of his staff. Muddbudd crumpled to the floor in a heap and the crowd seemed a bit disappointed. The pirate battling CroakerBC had second thoughts a moment too late. The flail caught him across the back as he began to flee. He fell to the ground with a shriek and didn't get back up. Madican struggled to maintain a proper grip on his trident. His hands were a mess, bleeding through the cloth strips he'd tried to bandage them with. The dirty pirate pushed the trident away to one side and cut Madican across the leg. Struggling to get it together, Madican brought the trident in close between himself and the pirate and thrust into the pirate's chest. But he was unable to stop the pirate's last attack, the sword lodged into Madican's shoulder blade. Madican dropped his weapon, and fell to the ground on top of the pirate. Spoit dodged his opponents swings easily, while waiting for an opening. The pirate was thrashing about so much it seemed better to let him wear himself out. As Spoit backed up the pirate slowed. At last Spoit saw his moment and skewered the pirate with one thrust. Looking about, the only fight still going was Orivon's. Clearly afraid, his pirate attacker was backing away frantically and defending as best he could. Orivon had taken no damage and was cutting the pirate down bit by bit.
Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Orivon's Attack
Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Orivon's Defend

Orivon's Attack:
3#1d20+12 3 # 19 [1d20=7] 29 [1d20=17] 21 [1d20=9]
Orivon's Defend:
3#1d20+12 3 # 24 [1d20=12] 18 [1d20=6] 17 [1d20=5]

akajaybay on

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Battle Twenty-Seven

Orivon dropped the fleeing pirate with a final slash. Attendants carried an unconscious Madican up to the platform as the the gladiator's placements were announced. Dyvim Tvar had come in first place with 11 total points. CroakerBC was second with a total of 10 points. With 6 points Spoit secured third. They would move on to the next phase of the tournament. Orivon in fourth place with 5 points would have to compete again. And finally unable to finish the course, Madican's body was dropped into the pit. He'd been a crowd favorite since the first match of the tournament and many left the Colosseum silent and saddened.
    Orivon defeated the pirate in 4 turns. Taking no damage. +1 point
    CroakerBC defeated the pirate in 1 turn. Taking no damage. +3 points
    Madican was defeated. No points
    Dyvim Tvar defeated the pirate in 1 turn. Taking no damage. +3 points
    Spoit defeated the pirate in 3 turns. Taking no damage. +1 point

akajaybay on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I die as I lived, forking the world.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    NOOOOO....

The scholarly man gets eliminated.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dang, first fighter from the tournament.

So any thoughts on the different layout for the scoring/results? Not a big deal which to go with since there's only 4 more of these types of events. But thought I'd check.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Nope - looks great to me.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Agreed.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Gentlemen, you may kiss the winner.
    Wait...

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Forgot this was going on today. I'm glad to see that I at least still know how to fight.

I should have redeemed against that Tesco "Ten vouchers gets you a rapier for £50" deal when I saw it, instead I'm stuck using a staff like a peasant. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Friday's event:

Berylline Part Two

Another late night going over the latest course designs. A soft knock on the door preceded @Cooljammer00. Berylline waved him in. Cooljammer had proved to be an excellent member of the Warren. Production efficiency was the best it had ever been. Demand in the city was skyrocketing as most businesses were low or out of supplies. So far they'd managed to keep up. "Miss Berylline, just wanted to let you know the last shipment has gone out. We're getting ready to start in on the next batch. But, the price on ingredients is extreme. We've bought out all the local suppliers. I'm not sure we'll be able to keep this up much longer, I'm afraid."
    Berylline nodded, "Halt any further shipments to the other stores. Focus on keeping the Colosseum supplied for now. It's all that matters. Just a few more weeks and we shouldn't need it any more. Thank you Cooljammer, you've been a great help."
    "I should be thanking you for taking me in." Cooljammer turned to go, but paused a moment. "About my family. I've been writing them so they won't worry too much. But I can tell they're getting impatient for me to visit." Berylline nodded. "Just a few more weeks, then we'll all be together as one." Cooljammer smiled and exited the room.

Family. She'd cried and screamed into her pillows after another lesson in cruelty from father. It was the family business, and she'd be responsible for running it some day. She had released the bunnies from their cages at the factory that morning, and tried to get them to run away. In return for this, her father decided it had been a mistake to let her keep rabbits as pets at home, and had them slaughtered with the rest. Mother was no help, she told her to obey her father. After she'd run out of tears and just laid there quiet and alone, that's when she first met her real family. A soft voice in her mind spoke to her. It comforted and soothed her. Then it helped her understand what to do. "You should kill them."

She smiled at the poster for the next event. It was good to have family.

Oh boy, Berylline is hearing the voice of Ruin? Everybody hide the atium.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Man, I sound like a chump.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Man, I sound like a champ.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    It's all downhill once you drink/eat the koolaid/cecotrope.

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I'm really impressed with the effort @akajaybay is putting into this. It is awesome. You should definitely keep all this in a document somewhere, then publish it for posterity.

In other news, I'm still working through my backlog and have come to Fallout: New Vegas. It is fun. It is awesome. I love it dearly! But it crashes all the time. I was having so much fun walking indiscriminately off cliffs and into traps, but I have to backtrack all the time! Is this common?

• shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    It's all downhill once you drink/eat the koolaid/cecotrope.

Thank you for making me look up the meaning of "cecotrope." Learn something new every day...

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Man, I sound like a champ.

Sure, I guess the champion is the one who gets to live.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Oh boy, Berylline is hearing the voice of Ruin? Everybody hide the atium.

I just started this series of books, can't put it down.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Haha looking up cecotrope led me to this article from someone at my alma mater http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html

cardboard delusions on
    edited March 2014
    Choosing a theme based on an interesting looking color scheme banner I stumbled into is proving to have been a mistake.
    But I've forced my way through it almost all the way, except I'm hung up on one more Might based challenge. Which seems like it should be a simple thing to come up with one more thing to do based on primarily on physical strength....but....
    edit: Ok. Complaining about it seems to have worked. Have an idea now.

akajaybay on
    edited March 2014
    Might test; everybody has to do push ups and the winner is the one who does so to the beat of Salt 'N' Pepa's "Push it."

It's me, I would win that competition because that's the only way I do push ups.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Battle Twenty-Eight

Unlike the last two Berylline Bunny Kabob's Presents events, today's was set during the daytime. Families were given special discount rates for admission. Special coloring books were handed out for the kids along with crayons. They featured all of the popular mascots from BBK's restaurants and popular kids stage shows. The kids and adults were cheering and waving at something before the gladiators had even arrived on the field. Krackq, Masume, Bathtubb, Icemopper, and PrjctD_Captain took their places waving to everyone. The adults were excited by the gladiators, but the kids were more interested in what was in the first section of the course. As the signal was given the gladiators jogged down their lanes and through the first set of curtains.

@Krackq Skill: 5 Toughness: 2 Might: 1 Health: 09
    @Masume Skill: 4 Toughness: 2 Might: 2 Health: 12
    @Bathtubb Skill: 4 Toughness: 2 Might: 2 Health: 12
    @Icemopper Skill: 3 Toughness: 2 Might: 3 Health: 15
    @PrjctD_Captain Skill: 2 Toughness: 4 Might: 2 Health: 18

Krackq smiled wide as they walked into the open area behind the gates. The lanes continued on to another set of curtains about forty feet away. But here between the various lanes were the actual BBK Party Pals! The short and slender meat on a skewer with bright blue eyes was BK Junior. Further down next to one of the other lanes was original BK. The taller kabob with spicy sauce down his chest was doing a dance for the crowd. That round ball with the googly eyes and crown was @Drovek, the Falafel King. The less popular Stewey was wobbling around making the folds of his stewed calves brain costume jiggle. And finally the furthest away on an oustide lane was Oily Olives. The stout black olive had thick painted on eyebrows, dark beady eyes and a mean looking grin. Krackq was always frightened of him as a child and was glad he was on the opposite side. Krackq waved to BK Junior as he approached. The mascot yelled in a squeaky high pitched voice. "Pillow Fight!" Krackq's grin disappeared as he was clobbered across the face with a pillow by BK Junior. It felt like the thing was filled with rocks or broken masonry! And he wasn't stopping. Krackq hurried down the lane, trying to get away.
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Krackq's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Masume's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Bathtubb's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Icemopper's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for PrjctD_Captain's Toughness Check Against 4

Krackq's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 2 [1d6=2]
    Masume's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 1 [1d6=1]
    Bathtubb's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 4 [1d6=4] 4 [1d6=4]
    Icemopper's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 6 [1d6=6] 6 [1d6=6]
    PrjctD_Captain's Toughness Check Against 4:
    2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 6 [1d6=6]

Battle Twenty-Eight

The Party Pals were brutal. Krackq was lucky he'd hurried away immediately. The other gladiators were unaware of the danger until it was too late. They were were harassed all the way until the next marked off zone about 20 yards away. Icemopper's head was bleeding from a gash on his forehead. PrjctD_Captain had a constant ringing in his ears since the two kabobs bashed him in the head at the same time.
    Krackq passes the Toughness Check on the first try. +2 points
    Masume passes the Toughness Check on the second try. +1 point -1 Health
    Bathtubb fails. -2 Health
    Icemopper fails. -2 Health
    PrjctD_captain fails. -2 Health
    Bathtubb was never a big fan of the Party Pals as a kid. But even so, the string of expletives @Drovek the Falafel King unleashed as he got away was unnerving. The next section led to a platform twenty feet or so off the arena floor. Bathtubb climbed the ladder and surveyed the situation. Below on the ground was a pool of blue water. Another thirty feet away was an identical raised platform. Between here and there however was a series of raised walkways and spinning islands that would need to be navigated across. Some of the jumps seemed a bit far. On top of that cushioned paddles were spun over the walkways to knock would be travelers off. There was a ladder up from the pool back to this platform, but not one on the far side. It looked like he'd have to run and jump his way across or start all over again soaking wet.
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Krackq's Skill Check Against 5
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Masume's Skill Check Against 4
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Bathtubb's Skill Check Against 4
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Icemopper's Skill Check Against 3
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for PrjctD_Captain's Skill Check Against 2

Krackq's Skill Check Against 5:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 3 [1d6=3]
    Masume's Skill Check Against 4:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 1 [1d6=1]
    Bathtubb's Skill Check Against 4:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 3 [1d6=3]
    Icemopper's Skill Check Against 3:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 2 [1d6=2]
    PrjctD_Captain's Skill Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 1 [1d6=1]

Battle Twenty-Eight

The gladiators won back some of their confidence as they all expertly traversed the platforms and gracefully dodged the various obstacles. PrjctD_Captain had a brief scare as one of the padded paddles swept him off his feet and he fell hard, almost sliding off with just the shallow water below to cushion the fall. But he was able to pull himself back up. He avoided the next swing and joined the rest of the fighters on the other side.
    Krackq passes the Skill check on the first try. +2 points
    Masume passes the Skill check on the first try. +2 points
    Bathtubb passes the Skill check on the first try. +2 points
    Icemopper passes the Skill check on the first try. +2 points
    PrjctD_Captain passes the Skill check on the second try. +1 point -1 Health
    Grateful to be down off the raised platforms, Icemopper was not pleased to see the next challenge. A fake rock wall loomed before them studded with different irregularly shaped handholds. The gladiators would have to scale the wall to the landing fifty feet up. Icemopper tested his grip and lifted himself up and moved onward to another new handhold, slowly making progress up the face of the wall. A spike in the children's shouting alerted him to something happening. On the flat landing above Drovek and Oily Olive were pouring something over the side. It was olive oil, the bastards were greasing the wall.
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Krackq's Might Check Against 1
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Masume's Might Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Bathtubb's Might Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Icemopper's Might Check Against 3
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for PrjctD_Captain's Might Check Against 2

Krackq's Might Check Against 1:
    2#1d6 2 # 2 [1d6=2] 3 [1d6=3]
    Masume's Might Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 2 [1d6=2] 4 [1d6=4]
    Bathtubb's Might Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 2 [1d6=2]
    Icemopper's Might Check Against 3:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 1 [1d6=1]
    PrjctD_Captain's Might Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 5 [1d6=5]

edited March 2014
    Damn - Icemopper and Captain D just got *hammered*!

EDIT: Uh, I guess I should refresh before posted. referring back to the first part of Battle 28.

Elvenshae on
    Battle Twenty-Eight

Krackq was losing his cool. His hand slipped off the outcropping above him, and he fell to the ground below. As he landed hard on his back, he turned red with rage. Springing back to his feet he pounded on the wall with his fists , and shoved the wall repeatedly while screaming at it. Bits of the recently constructed wall broke off and the structure shuddered, eliciting shouts of alarm from the other climbers. Bathtubb lost his grip and slid down the face of the rock wall. He wrenched his arm, but managed to grab onto a small outcropping before falling all the way down. Krackq slowly got it together and began a fresh climb. Once he finally reached the top, the other gladiators gave him dark looks, but left it at that.
    Krackq fails. -2 Health
    Masume passes the Might check on the first try. +2 points
    Bathtubb passes the Might check on the second try. +1 point -1 Health
    Icemopper passes the Might check on the first try. +2 points
    PrjctD_Captain passes the Might check on the first try. +2 points
    The opposite side of the wall led to a long sloped ramp that eventually led back to the ground level. Running down the center of the ramp was a long groove. Masume soon discovered its purpose. Attendants at the top of the climbing wall helped strap the boots on for him that were attached to the rolling board. The board was in turn hooked into the groove so it would simply roll straight down the ramp with him strapped in. Along the track were a series of wooden barriers painted with Berylline Bunny Kabob advertisements. They showed special menu items and deals on combo pricing. Into each barrier was a cutout shape in the center. The idea was for the gladiator to contort himself into a position and pass harmlessly through the cutout shape. The gladiators would go down one by one so the Colosseum team could replace any damaged signs between runs. Masume was lucky enough to be chosen to go first. As he hurtled towards the first ad, Masume realized there was no hope he could fit through the hole. He couldn't even move his legs. As he smashed through the first sign, he struggled to at least stay upright. Masume braced himself for the next collision.
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Krackq's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Masume's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Bathtubb's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Icemopper's Toughness Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for PrjctD_Captain's Toughness Check Against 4

Krackq's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 2 [1d6=2]
    Masume's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 2 [1d6=2] 2 [1d6=2]
    Bathtubb's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 6 [1d6=6]
    Icemopper's Toughness Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 4 [1d6=4] 4 [1d6=4]
    PrjctD_Captain's Toughness Check Against 4:
    2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 6 [1d6=6]

Battle Twenty-Eight

Masume found he could avoid worst of it by just making sure his head went through the cutout hole first. The thin boards broke easily enough and it wasn't too bad. But most of the gladiators did not share this experience. Bathtubb took a painful hit to his already tender arm. Moving the arm hurt now, and his elbow was swelling up. Icemopper's face was already half covered in dried blood from the initial beating. The series of impacts on the way down aggravated the wound, and it was freshly bleeding again, along with a now bloody nose. Krackq took the hits in stride, but his left eye was swelling after a splinter of board had lodged in his face below it.
    Krackq passes the Toughness check on the second try. +1 point -1 Health
    Masume passes the TOughness check on the first try. +2 points
    Bathtubb fails. -2 Health
    Icemopper fails. -2 Health
    PrjctD_Captain fails. -2 Health
    The final leg of the obstacle course was a long one. A test of strength and endurance stretched out before PrjctD_Captain. With only a quarter of the distance covered, it seemed impossible. The spicy smelling kabob mascot smacked him on the side with the riding crop again. "Get a move on loser! You want to come in last place? You're going to make me look bad. BK can't lose to BK Junior!" The gladiators trudged on, each carrying a mascot piggyback across the field. They had to deliver the mascots to the enclosed fighting rings on the other side of the arena floor. For every fall or stumble they'd be graded harsher and encouraged to go quicker by their riders. At least he wasn't stuck with the Falafel King.
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Krackq's Might Check Against 1
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Masume's Might Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Bathtubb's Might Check Against 2
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for Icemopper's Might Check Against 3
    Geth, roll 2#1d6 for PrjctD_Captain's Might Check Against 2

Krackq's Might Check Against 1:
    2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 2 [1d6=2]
    Masume's Might Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 4 [1d6=4] 3 [1d6=3]
    Bathtubb's Might Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 2 [1d6=2] 4 [1d6=4]
    Icemopper's Might Check Against 3:
    2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 5 [1d6=5]
    PrjctD_Captain's Might Check Against 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 6 [1d6=6] 3 [1d6=3]

So, uh... how many people don't even survive to the fight this time? That was brutal.

edited March 2014
    Eh, just throw them all down the hole. The winner is whoever claws their way back out.

Madican on
    Oh, wait. The only people who can even go down before the end are the 9 health folks.

Still, can't wait for the final posts.

Yeah kind of a rough run this time.

Battle Twenty-Eight

Bathtubb and Icemopper arrived first and took a few minutes to catch their breath and rest before retrieving their weapons from the nearby stash. Krackq was the first to collapse to the ground. His rage could often keep him going past his limit, but he was all used up now. Too exhausted to even properly throttle this prick in the mascot costume. He got back up and trudged the last of the way with one more push forward. Masume tried to hurry the last of the way and tripped scraping his arms and face badly on the sandy floor. As PrjctD_Captain stopped to catch his breath BK Original stabbed him hard in the back with sharp handle of the crop he carried. He ached all over at this point, but the fresh pain in his back burned. Tired and worn out the gladiators prepped for combat. At least it was almost over with.
    Krackq failed. -2 Health
    Masume failed. -2 Health
    Bathtubb passed the Might check on the first try. +2 points
    Icemopper passed the Might check on the first try. +2 points
    PrjctD_Captain failed. -2 Health
    Outside the five roped off fighting rings, the gladiators were given access to their weapons again. After a brief break, they were assigned a fighting ring, and their opponents were announced. As the mascots entered the ring they looked different. More muscular. The costumes were now stretched taut and mishappen on across bulkier frames. Except for Drovek, the Falafel King, who could be seen arguing with his stand-in before the match. The angry falafel ball took the spiked club his fight replacement was meant to use, and threatened to club him to death. The officials relented and the true Falafel King was allowed to fight.

In the first ring Krackq faced Stewey. The second ring hosted Masume and BK Junior. Bathtubb faced Oily Olive.
    The falafel stood against Icemopper. And PrjctD_Captain was eager to kill the BK original mascot even if he wasn't actually the original.

Krackq Attack: 12 Defend: 14 Health: 04
    Masume Attack: 12 Defend: 12 Health: 09
    Bathtubb Attack: 12 Defend: 12 Health: 07
    Icemopper Attack: 12 Defend: 10 Health: 11
    PrjctD_Captain Attack: 8 Defend: 12 Health: 11

VS Fast Food Mascots Attack 17 Defend 19 Health 06
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Krackq's Attack
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+14 for Krackq's Defend
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Masume's Attack
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Masume's Defend
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Bathtubb's Attack
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Bathtubb's Defend
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Icemopper's Attack
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+10 for Icemopper's Defend
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+8 for PrjctD_Captain's Attack
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for PrjctD_Captain's Defend

Krackq's Attack:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 28 [1d20=16] 17 [1d20=5] 13 [1d20=1]
    Krackq's Defend:
    3#1d20+14 3 # 30 [1d20=16] 19 [1d20=5] 26 [1d20=12]
    Masume's Attack:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 26 [1d20=14] 19 [1d20=7] 32 [1d20=20]
    Masume's Defend:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 21 [1d20=9] 15 [1d20=3] 18 [1d20=6]
    Bathtubb's Attack:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 22 [1d20=10] 30 [1d20=18] 13 [1d20=1]
    Bathtubb's Defend:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 21 [1d20=9] 30 [1d20=18] 14 [1d20=2]
    Icemopper's Attack:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 13 [1d20=1] 22 [1d20=10] 17 [1d20=5]
    Icemopper's Defend:
    3#1d20+10 3 # 24 [1d20=14] 25 [1d20=15] 15 [1d20=5]
    PrjctD_Captain's Attack:
    3#1d20+8 3 # 17 [1d20=9] 26 [1d20=18] 14 [1d20=6]
    PrjctD_Captain's Defend:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 29 [1d20=17] 23 [1d20=11] 31 [1d20=19]

Ah, that's more like it. 5-skill folks both slaughter their opponents without trying.

Battle Twenty-Eight

Stewey and BK Junior dropped almost immediately. Despite the all over aches and pains Krackq and Masume found enough adrenaline in real combat to get things done. Krackq kicked the fallen mascots repeatedly. Bathtubb sliced open the black olive, and then sliced open the man inside. The stands were filled with the cries of children as his innards spilled out of the costume. It took a few swipes of the PrjctD_Captains bladed staff to catch the kabob, but the blow that landed nearly cleaved the mascot in two. Only Icemopper's opponent remained. The psychotic falafel was swinging the spiked club with reckless abandon and kept Icemopper on the defensive at first. When Icemopper sank one of his long blades into the falafel suit it came out bloody. Drovek kept on swinging though. The club clipped Icemopper in the side, too heavy to easily block against with his swords.
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+12 for Icemopper's Attack
    Geth, roll 3#1d20+10 for Icemopper's Defend

Icemopper's Attack:
    3#1d20+12 3 # 16 [1d20=4] 24 [1d20=12] 21 [1d20=9]
    Icemopper's Defend:
    3#1d20+10 3 # 22 [1d20=12] 28 [1d20=18] 13 [1d20=3]

edited March 2014
    Battle Twenty-Eight

The Falafel King would not fall easily. The other gladiators considered stepping in to finish him off, but were ushered away and reminded they'd forfeit if they interfered. Finally Icemopper ducked below a swing and put a blade through where he roughly imagined the man inside's face should be. Drovek fell to the ground lifeless. As the gladiators arrived on the central podium platform, PrjctD_Captain was restrained by a large number of guards.
    Krackq won in 1 round. +3 points
    Masume won in 1 round. +3 points
    Bathtubb won in 2 rounds. +2 points
    Icemopper won in 5 rounds with damage. -2 Health +1 point
    PrjctD_Captain won in 2 rounds. +2 points.
    Masume was declared the first place winner with 10 total points. Krackq came in second with 8 points. Bathtubb and Icemopper both finished with 7 points. But the judges determined Bathtubb completed the course with fewer injuries and awarded him the 3rd position. They would move on in the competition. Icemopper would compete against the other fourth place finishers. With only 5 points, the last gladiator realized why they'd grabbed him. PrjctD_Captain tried to struggle against his captors, but was unable to stop them from pushing him into the pit. The sides of the pit were slippery and wet with condensation and his attempts to slow his fall were futile. He fell further and further into the earth until his screams could no longer be heard above.

akajaybay on
    @PrjctD_Captain‌, you got screwed.

edited March 2014
    For Monday.

Week Nine

The Imperial Palace was pretty spooky at night. It was his fifth patrol of the night. @Doodman passed through the statue gallery again. The statues' shadows danced along the walls as he passed by with his lantern. All clear. Next up was the menagerie. The stuffed animals were worse. All the glassy eyes in the room reflected the lantern light and seemed to follow him through the room. The dining hall was nice and ordinary, although huge. The palace was kept empty since the Emperor's death, but Blackjack had ordered that it remain under constant guard. Too many valuables to leave vulnerable to looters. Doodman opened the door to the room they'd converted to their guard station. "You're up next. Nothing happening as usual. Hey! It's your turn again, what are you napping over there?" Doodman crossed the room and jostled the other guard by the shoulder. His partner's body fell to the floor lifeless. His throat had been slit.

Doodman sprinted down the long halls with his sword drawn. He burst into the next guard station. Both dead. Just like the last one. That's it, he decided. He was getting out of here now. He sprinted back down the hall, heading for the front door, and froze in his tracks as a long slow knock sounded from the other side of the door. From outside. Knock....Knock....Knock..."Who's out there! Announce yourself!" Silence followed. Doodman cautiously approached the door. The other exits were all the way back across half the palace. He gripped the handle, released the latch, and pulled the door open. He didn't recognize the man on the other side. He was armed though, and tough looking. The stranger seemed surprised to see Doodman though. From behind him someone softly spoke. "Boo!" And then the knife pierced through his back and into his heart. And that was it.

Visskar moved out of the way as the guard fell towards him through the door. Shade wiped the blood from his blade while laughing.
    "You're such an asshole" Visskar stated matter of factly. The two dragged the soldier back inside and shut the door. An hour later Big Dookie arrived, and they discussed current affairs as he arranged things on his new desk. "Word is Taramoor's on the march in the south. He's set to take on the raiders that have been plaguing the area. With any luck they'll take care of each other. 21stCentury has requested a meeting tommorow. Money is all he's ever been concerned with, and fame. I think there's a good chance we'll be able to talk him into supplying us this time. We've had no luck infiltrating his mercenaries. Every person we send to do so turns up dead. But otherwise he hasn't retaliated. Blackjack, thank the heavens, is still an idiot. But with enough troops to still be dangerous. We could kill him, but he has enough greedy underlings that someone would try and take his place. We need to bring him under control instead. If we can get 21stCentury to back us, we can have complete control of the city within the week."

Across town 21stCentury crumpled up the latest Colosseum promo. Something was going on there that he didn't understand. He couldn't dechiper what it all meant. And he couldn't shake this overwhelming sense of dread.

akajaybay on
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Oily Olive is a brilliant name. Made me grin every time I read it.

steam_sig.png