As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Runnie's Replace's WHUMP! COMAK Thread

EndEnd Registered User regular
edited March 2014 in Social Entropy++
Dunt be alarm, I am Runnie's Replace replacing old whump! comak thread

2013-03-29-Dip-Replacement.jpg

2014-01-27-Hit-The-Ground-Runnie.jpg

2013-08-09-Replacementality.jpg

I find whump! comak is good. This thread is for whumps and also macnoggits.

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
End on

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    "Hit The Ground Runnie" is still my favourite comic title yet

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    "SPLET" is still one of the grossest sounds.

Kaplar on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    In the last thread some people were asking how this scam works

2014-02-28-Mousetrip.jpg

This Not Always Right post explains the basics.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    runnie is feel unwell. new threod is make him feel embarress

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Haha poor Ronnie. Tube doesn't care if you don't want another whomp thread. He's in cahoots with M-Dude!

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ok I have an awkward confession to make. Tube keeps talking about the Whomp annuals he's getting. But I don't know what he means by that. Because when I hear annuals all I can think of is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_plant

Pls help what is he talking about

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    He speaks of the books. It kinda just worked out that each of my books is roughly one year of content

HugmasterGeneral on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I finally got around to ordering the books

I was the worst

End on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I should go about catching up on my Whomp! book purchases

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    aw yiss

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I really need to order the third book, but I can't think of a good sketch request idea.

Maybe next month Dark Souls 2 will inspire me and I can keep the theme going from the first two books.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I never noticed this before but which of runnie's eyes has the larger pupil sometimes changes from panel to panel

it's a nice touch

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Didn't Ronnie specifically ask not for another thread to be made? Even spelled out how it would make him feel bad and uncomfortable?

Didn't Ronnie specifically ask not for another thread to be made? Even spelled out how it would make him feel bad and uncomfortable?

Tube pulled rank for one last thread.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

I didn't see that post!

I'm sorry

(kinda)

End on
    I never noticed this before but which of runnie's eyes has the larger pupil sometimes changes from panel to panel

it's a nice touch

pulsating

it's ok, tube wanted another, and he trumps all in my book

not my actual book, i mean the metaphorical book

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Today, I bought some chicken wings so that I could put my new found whomp thread taught wing eating knowledge into practice.

I felt like I was practicing some arcane ritual.

ZD98Zka.png
    one of these days I'll sketch up the Agrees Replace comic I wrote. I don't want to put it in the main rotation because it relies heavily on the knowledge of Runnie's Replace, but you guys would appreciate it

I think you'd be fine to make it a normal comic

pretty sure most of your readers went through the archive and are familiar with the runnie's replace gag

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I only just discovered the magic of the Whomp thread as the last one was ending, so I'm so glad we got another.

• mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Does the Agrees Replace comic revolve around Ronnie trying to show it animes, and its totally okay with it? And Ronnie doesn't even notice the Replace being different at all? I feel that is how it would go.

mrmr on
    Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    What happens if both are replace at same time?

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Sexy results

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    Ronnie do you spend a lot of time thinking about Runnie's Replace's weird grammar and pronunciation or does it just sort of happen?

edited March 2014
    Ronnie do you spend a lot of time thinking about Runnie's Replace's weird grammar and pronunciation or does it just sort of happen?

I think really hard about it

Semi-related, I sometimes wonder if writing is easy for the greats like Kate Beaton and John Allison. They make it look easy

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

I think really hard about it

Semi-related, I sometimes wonder if writing is easy for the greats like Kate Beaton and John Allison. They make it look easy

i'd like to think that that's just because we only see the end product and not all the time and work that led up to it

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    although in those two webcomickers' specific cases they've been doing this for a long time now so it probably comes to them more naturally than it used to

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    It might be a case of coming up with stuff is more natural to them now, due to practice.

Or, due to practice, they are better at figuring out what ideas they have can be improved and which ones just need to be discarded, better filtering through experience.

Probably a bit of both.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Kate Beaton is pretty darn witty in person too.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What happens if both are replace at same time?

I would feel unwell.

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I just found my old PDA. It's like holding the future in my hand.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    one of these days I'll sketch up the Agrees Replace comic I wrote. I don't want to put it in the main rotation because it relies heavily on the knowledge of Runnie's Replace, but you guys would appreciate it

Have it linked by clicking the giant red face blob on every Runnie panel

VRXwDW7.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I enjoy mcnoggits as well.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    It is appropriate that this comic starts with an End.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    although in those two webcomickers' specific cases they've been doing this for a long time now so it probably comes to them more naturally than it used to

Ryan North is, for me, the epitome of making writing look easy.

IKknkhU.gif
    since this is also kind of loosely the fast food thread

I just had a jack in the box taco for the first time

it was alright

edited March 2014
    since this is also kind of loosely the fast food thread

I just had a jack in the box taco for the first time

it was alright

there's something special about JitB tacos. Maybe it's because you get 2 for a buck, and the shell is both crunchy and soft at the same time

but I've always really liked them

HugmasterGeneral on
  • But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    My wife keeps asking me if I want Jack in the Box when she's on her way home from work and I just

can't

stop saying yes.

It is becoming

a problem.

CURSE YOU, MUNCHIE BOX

(that's what she said)

(sorry)

This discussion has been closed.