As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Parties

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    nothing yet ....

P.S. correct that just saw a post on the Harmonix Twitter page ... they indicated that planner advised it appears to be 18+ for venue, 21+ for open bar ... as my daughter is 12 no joy of this end ... heck even their Disney event is not family friendly.

If you want to bring her to our midnight show or to the gaming lounge during the day, you're welcome to do that, since the venue is normally all-ages (at the patron's discretion, since a lot of acts can be...raunchy?) -- but I will warn you that the midnight show is definitely not family-friendly. I'm not sure why they restricted the Harmonix party to 18+.

I'm really surprised the Disney Harmonix event is 21+, though, because that kind of excludes a demographic that one would think they'd want. I've actually seen a good amount of people with younger kids at PAX in previous years. Granted, that was only in the exhibit hall, but it seems like there should/would be more events catering (or even open) to parents/kids.

Thx for this .... Does the gaming lounge require a separate ticket to get in ? Is it in Laugh as well?

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • brenden77brenden77 Registered User new member
  • deutschebagdeutschebag a egg bostonRegistered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    Thx for this .... Does the gaming lounge require a separate ticket to get in ? Is it in Laugh as well?

Nope, the lounge is free, so no ticket! It'll be set up at Laugh during the day on Friday (12-3pm), Saturday (12-5pm), and Sunday (12-6pm).

Great, sounds like a plan.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    @aBByNormal (and anyone else bringing children)

Not sure if this is your first PAX or not but PAX overall is very family friendly...

the events put on by independent companies are up to those companies and their prerogatives

I normally don't go to too many parties because being at PAX itself is friggin' amazing up to the last drop
    many a night are spent until 2-3 AM in the table-top room playing all kinds of board games with both old friends and friends you just met 10 minutes ago

So, don't worry too much about bringing the young'un
    it's going to be fucking awesome

now back to the parties ;)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Definitely bought my Harmonix ticket. Our guitars are a bust and I'd love to get me some bar Rock Band time :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    IGN Party announced.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/party-with-ign-at-pax-east-2014?abthid=533357321371e2141e000044

Midnight City + IGN Drink Up:

7pm - 10pm, Harpoon Brewery, 306 Northern Avenue

IGN has partnered with Midnight City -- publisher of the upcoming Costume Quest 2 and Gone Home on consoles -- for an evening of delicious drinks at Harpoon Brewery. Here, you will find many beers, pretzels, and people enjoying beers and pretzels.

More than 100 of you, our dearest friends, can join us at Harpoon, as long as you're older than 21 (sorry, minors, but read on to see where else you can find IGN). First come, first serve. RSVP to keep in touch with IGN about the party (although RSVPing does not guarantee entrance).

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • OcelottOcelott Registered User regular
    Def going to head to the IGN Party

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Planning to do the ign party, for sure.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Sounds like fun. I am sure there will be quite a line.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Games + Harpoon beers = AWESOME

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    damn wish the ign one was saturday as I already planned to go to harpoon on saturday but I already have plans friday night.

• LadyLoveMonsterLadyLoveMonster Registered User regular
    I might check out the IGN party, but idk. It depends on how big Harpoon is.

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    LadyLoveMonster...they say they are limiting admission to around 100 people. That "feels" about right for the size of the brewery. It's early enough in the evening (7 to 10?) that capacity might not be an issue for the first hour or so. We'll see....

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Wish these friday night events werent so close to dinner. My wife will be going back to the hotel with our baby and giving me free reign at night fri/sat, but I had to promise I will take them out to dinner :-) Dont think I will make IGN as much as I also want to go to Harpoon.

edited March 2014
    Luv to but can't ....
    hades_zps934a06c0.png

aBByNormaL on
  • RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    Are most of these parties during PAX hours? I know it's my first PAX but I can't imagine wanting to leave before midnight....

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Renneesme wrote: »
    Are most of these parties during PAX hours? I know it's my first PAX but I can't imagine wanting to leave before midnight....

Typically parties start from around 6-7 and go until midnight or later.

While PAX itself is open until midnight, the show floor is only open until 6 PM. This gives developers/PR a chance to relax/chat/promote at parties.

My advice is to see if there are any must-attends at the BCEC itself from 6PM onward, and make a judgement call. It might be worth it for you to stay, especially if there's a tournament you want to participate in, or if there's a panel that you absolutely want to see. Otherwise, booze it up and party on.

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    While PAX itself is open until midnight, the show floor is only open until 6 PM.
    PAX actually stays open until around 2am. The Tabletop / Freeplay / Concerts keep going past midnight. [edit] I just checked this year's schedule and it does list a midnight end time. I hope that isn't actually the case because the con activities were still going strong past midnight in past years.

DeathJest3r on
    Yeah, DeathJest3r.... They've said midnight this year

• deutschebagdeutschebag a egg bostonRegistered User regular
    Harmonix is sold out!

And thanks for the info everyone! I had no idea that the expo floor was until 6!

• Rose_TylerRose_Tyler Ocean Township, NJRegistered User regular
    While PAX itself is open until midnight, the show floor is only open until 6 PM.
    PAX actually stays open until around 2am. The Tabletop / Freeplay / Concerts keep going past midnight. [edit] I just checked this year's schedule and it does list a midnight end time. I hope that isn't actually the case because the con activities were still going strong past midnight in past years.

They've confirmed before that midnight is the new official close time. It started at Prime (or AUS, if you prefer) last year, and they're doing it at East this year, as well. I believe the justification is that the staff they have to keep on past midnight isn't justified by the small demand that there is for the venue to stay open.

Nurse Joy - team Red Gold 2012 - team Yellow Gold 2013 and 2014
    Pokecrawl planning committee 2014
  • girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    Registered for Made in MA. Yay for being a student!

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rose_Tyler wrote: »

They've confirmed before that midnight is the new official close time. It started at Prime (or AUS, if you prefer) last year, and they're doing it at East this year, as well. I believe the justification is that the staff they have to keep on past midnight isn't justified by the small demand that there is for the venue to stay open.
    This is the case, yes. While many of us were the people who stayed between midnight and 2am, we make up a small portion of the overall con crowd. Not enough people were there after midnight to justify the staff necessary to keep the venue open past midnight.

But man that taple-top area was JAMMING past midnight, but yes overall it wasn't much compared to the tens of thousands at a live con earlier in the day.

But yeah, parties overlap with PAX to a certain degree. PAX fully ends early (6 PM) on Sunday so any parties that night are extra legit.

Don't forget to PAX concerts though. If you're into those bands then it's gg no re.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    But man that taple-top area was JAMMING past midnight, but yes overall it wasn't much compared to the tens of thousands at a live con earlier in the day.

But yeah, parties overlap with PAX to a certain degree. PAX fully ends early (6 PM) on Sunday so any parties that night are extra legit.

Don't forget to PAX concerts though. If you're into those bands then it's gg no re.

Depending on what you look for in concerts I put this out there to any new comers:

Most of the audience, even the standing crowd at these concerts just sorta stand around bobbing their heads a bit.

As high energy as the show itself may be the crowd tends to be extremely low energy.

take this into consideration when planning on what to do with your evenings.

If you wanna go hard these concerts ar not the place for it.

Heh, yeah it's generally a very chill atmosphere.

The rock concerts do have a little more umph near the center of the crowd (no real moshing but fist bumping and such) but it's focused only to the front & center.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Details are still a little hazy on this, but:

Booth #636 - Infinite Crisis

On Saturday night we’re celebrating PAX right with a huge party! Music, food, drinks, and prizes await those who score a free ticket from the Infinite Crisis PAX booth. Party admission is 18+ only.

DC Cosplayers Unite! Admission to our party is guaranteed to anyone attending the show on Saturday cosplaying as a DC character. To get your ticket and to take part in our photo-shoot and live broadcast, come by the booth at 1pm on Saturday.

http://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/news/infinite-crisis-takes-over-pax-east

Also:

www.gaygamer.net/2014/03/party-with-us-at-pax-east/‎

"With PAX East coming up in April (the 11th through the 13th, to be exact), it’s time once again for the Annual GayGamer.net PAX East Meet-up! Come have a few drinks and hang out with me and the rest of the gaymers attending the East Coast PAX convention!

Unfortunately, the awesomely low-key bar where we’ve always gathered our gays, Fritz, has closed for remodeling, forcing us to find another venue to descend upon. Luckily, there’s a spot right around the corner in the same neighborhood called Club Café. And it’s got a dance floor, so we can get our groove on!

So join us on Saturday, April 12, starting around 9:00 at Club Café, located at 209 Columbus Ave. (We’ll be there all night long, but after 11:00 they start charging a cover.) Hope to see you there!"

pelicanflip on
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the info. I do not plan to cosplay but it may be worth asking them!

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Well, I remember the last Turbine party being in an open enough space so Im sure there will be enough for noncosplayers. Ill just have to make sure im at the Booth at the right time

f7v9h.jpg
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Rose_Tyler wrote: »

This is the case, yes. While many of us were the people who stayed between midnight and 2am, we make up a small portion of the overall con crowd. Not enough people were there after midnight to justify the staff necessary to keep the venue open past midnight.

Quick question, will this have an effect on when the parking lot closes?

f7v9h.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Not sure, check with the BCEC directly for that.

• grayfawkesgrayfawkes Registered User regular

Anybody get the RSVP confirmation yet?

PAX East 2015:
    3 Single Day Passes [x]
    Hotel [x]
    Flights [x]
    Packed []
    Excitement[x]
    ————————————
    PAX East 12'
    PAX East 13'
    PAX East 14'
    PAX East 15'
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Not yet

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Me either... wondering if this is a manual registration for them to do

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Uhh... Company name?

good looks! Been waiting on this one

f7v9h.jpg
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    man seems like a lot of the big parties are friday hoping to see a few get annouced for saturday as I have plans for friday night already.