As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

what's in a name?

1234568»

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I'll be honest, I wouldn't have the balls to name myself Virgil, so I'm glad my folks did. It's a pretty sweet name.

Hnnnngggg I just realized how much I'd struggle with not naming twin boys dante and vergil I am awful

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Is there a reliable site with first and last name meanings/history?

Behind the Name is pretty good. They also have a site for surnames.
    Wow. That's a blow to the ego.
    Entered my surname in and got "Name not found". I thought (and the phone book seems to agree) that my surname isn't especially rare.

edit: Phew. Found it here. https://www.surnamedb.com/
    I exist. =D

My last name doesn't appear in either database. But it isn't a blow to the ego for me, it just means my last name is very unique (in America)

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    first name is patrick

my middle name is entirely forgettable

last name is a Sicilian variation on a very ancient European surname that is so old it has essentially no meaning

I've never met anyone who had it who was not a member of my immediate family

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'm Henry the eighth, I am

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I was named after the lead singer in the Moody Blues. Now it's Justin Beiber jokes all day.

PSN: BillyIdle_