As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Memorial [Chat]

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Why are so many zombies in bikinis in dead island

I would figure the zombie panic spread fast but not so fast that people on one end of the island didn't hear about it in time to get dressed

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Been home for three hours and have done nothing except forums

Well I mean I guess I did book the hotel

But still that was 3 minutes

I am bad at doing things while I am home >_<

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Neco what is happening

we gossiped about you when you were away

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    yourube and netflix seem to have the occasional stutter too

hrumph

not as good as built in tv apps google i am disappoint

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I would figure the zombie panic spread fast but not so fast that people on one end of the island didn't hear about it in time to get dressed

Because the development name for one of the skills was "Feminist Whore".

And they released a special edition called "zombie bait" that shipped with a bust of a mutilated female torso.

That should give you your why.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Because the development name for one of the skills was "Feminist Whore".

And they released a special edition called "zombie bait" that shipped with a bust of a mutilated female torso.

That should give you your why.

that was a terrible thing but it led to what i think is one of my best posts on the forum evar

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    That was a rather interesting sound coming from my work computer. I guess it doesn't like dealing with multiple linked Excel sheets on a network share...

工事中
    *angrily boots up random lol professional game on tv*

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    also, I know several Feminist Whores

takin' dat word back

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

And I paid my cell bill and mixed a drink.

I think it might be time for drunken ME3MP

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    "That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful." -Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation

I get so happy when I see sentient beings react to magic tricks. Winky linked the dogs reacting to magic tricks earlier but this made me pretty happy too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ymrFvrgYY

I should be a street magician!

*gets arrested by de blasio*

three balls and some slight of hand

there is a nearly deflated ball that expands when squeezed attached to one of the balls.

distract from the ball that has the deflated tertiary ball. before putting it in the targets hand. wow them with the initial slight of hand of making the second ball disappear so they don't realize another ball is in their hand. then they open and both expand.

VERY GOOD PRESTIDIGITATION. WOULD WATCH AGAIN.

steam_sig.png
    mancloud is an excellent interweb handle

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco what is happening

we gossiped about you when you were away

Not too much, honestly. Been kinda busy, been kinda sick. It all just made me feel not terribly chatty. Which makes posting in {chat} rather difficult. :P I'm still around though!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Maaaan you guys, The Americans is so dang good

Like True Detectives was a nice little show and everything

but the americans interest in talking about being a grownup is just so much better, sorry

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    oh my gah the top comment on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN2QUhaKN2Q

@surrealitycheck‌ was janna nerfed into the ground I havent seen her since I came back to lol : (

My friendly local game store is running a kickstarter because they want to open up a cafe next door in a connected empty space

drink coffee play games

(this would also make them contiguous with the pub two doors down which is pretty awesome)

one of the goals for pledging is to get your name on a hex on the Wall of Heroes:

fa3be45ab1fee88c46253617175d4b3d_large.jpg

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    OMG Arrow this week

xdkcsmfkjdfs.xsse

i fucking love magic

but i'm too laze to learn anything outside of the basics

so much repetition.

steam_sig.png
    i fucking love magic

but i'm too laze to learn anything outside of the basics

so much repetition.

MTG?

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    "That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful." -Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation

I get so happy when I see sentient beings react to magic tricks. Winky linked the dogs reacting to magic tricks earlier but this made me pretty happy too:

there is a nearly deflated ball that expands when squeezed attached to one of the balls.

distract from the ball that has the deflated tertiary ball. before putting it in the targets hand. wow them with the initial slight of hand of making the second ball disappear so they don't realize another ball is in their hand. then they open and both expand.

Nah, it's far more likely it's only two balls and he never passes the one he takes to his left hand and just puts it in the person's hand when he hands them the first ball.

edited March 2014
    shryke wrote: »

Nah, it's far more likely it's only two balls and he never passes the one he takes to his left hand and just puts it in the person's hand when he hands them the first ball.

I'm not sure it looks like he palms the other ball from the way he positions his knuckles and keeps his hand out of camera view.

you could be right though. that trick would be more impressive but have a higher failure rate. editing magic enters the scene and i have no idea.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    ohhhh street magic heh

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    omg for real I'm trying to proof this dissertation and it's just...it's a written nightmare

like, i don't want to rewrite this completely, but I'm going to be honest, I'm not a developmental psych PhD candidate and I could write a better paper with a better conclusion than this

I feel bad for saying it because it's family but omfgggggggg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    So I buy a lot of bagged spinach, and since I can't eat a pound of spinach in one go, I usually hold it shut with a chip clip.

My chip clips were pretty old and really cheap and flimsy they kept losing springs and finally just started breaking. Like I'd squeeze it open and the plastic would just snap.

I got really distressed by this and kept looking for alternatives! I taped a bag shut for a while with Scotch tape.

It took me a couple of days to just go "oh...I should buy new chip clips." And I found some really nice-looking heavy-duty ones on Amazon that will hopefully last me many years for like, seven bucks.

I wonder how many other of the minor frustrations in my life could be bettered by my just saying "fuck it" and buying something nice on amazon.

rRwz9.gif
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    omg for real I'm trying to proof this dissertation and it's just...it's a written nightmare

like, i don't want to rewrite this completely, but I'm going to be honest, I'm not a developmental psych PhD candidate and I could write a better paper with a better conclusion than this

I feel bad for saying it because it's family but omfgggggggg

Oh man, this is why I try to never do anything for family.

Because you can't just NOPE the fuck out of there.

I'm not sure it looks like he palms the other ball from the way he positions his knuckles and keeps his hand out of camera view.

you could be right though. that trick would be more impressive but have a higher failure rate. editing magic enters the scene and i have no idea.

Every time they show the full trick that I saw he takes one ball from their hand in his right, motions passing it to his left but doesn't open his left hand to show that he does it and then uses his right in a non-open palm to grab the second ball and place it in the other person's hand and then quickly closes that hand. I'm pretty sure the ball never leaves his right hand.

Nice and smooth though.

Jacobkosh wrote: »
    So I buy a lot of bagged spinach, and since I can't eat a pound of spinach in one go, I usually hold it shut with a chip clip.

My chip clips were pretty old and really cheap and flimsy they kept losing springs and finally just started breaking. Like I'd squeeze it open and the plastic would just snap.

I got really distressed by this and kept looking for alternatives! I taped a bag shut for a while with Scotch tape.

It took me a couple of days to just go "oh...I should buy new chip clips." And I found some really nice-looking heavy-duty ones on Amazon that will hopefully last me many years for like, seven bucks.

I wonder how many other of the minor frustrations in my life could be bettered by my just saying "fuck it" and buying something nice on amazon.

i am often reminded of an anecdote i read somewhere

i cannot verify it's accuracy

but the anecdote was that one of the behaviors characteristic of self-made millionaires is that they buy more expensive shoes than either poors or inherited-millionaires

but they are more likely to get them resoled multiple times, thereby saving money in the long run

On that subject, this is one of my favourites from Copperfield. The music and presentation is just fantastic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KVSoG7--iE

On that subject, this is one of my favourites from Copperfield. The music and presentation is just fantastic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KVSoG7--iE

imma let you finish but this is the best music in a copperfield routine ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtKoRdJn-0k

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    My friendly local game store is running a kickstarter because they want to open up a cafe next door in a connected empty space

drink coffee play games

(this would also make them contiguous with the pub two doors down which is pretty awesome)

one of the goals for pledging is to get your name on a hex on the Wall of Heroes:

fa3be45ab1fee88c46253617175d4b3d_large.jpg

@feral that reminds me, I believe this would appeal to you: cafemox.com

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    I've heard of cafe mox :)

OH MY GOODNESS THEY ARE MAKING A MORDHEIM GAME

Georgia?

webfonts motherfucker do you speak them

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »

i am often reminded of an anecdote i read somewhere

i cannot verify it's accuracy

but the anecdote was that one of the behaviors characteristic of self-made millionaires is that they buy more expensive shoes than either poors or inherited-millionaires

but they are more likely to get them resoled multiple times, thereby saving money in the long run

This is totally what I would do. I have internalized some weird attitudes (I think mostly from my stepmom, whose parents were deathly poor) that spending money is basically tantamount to moral weakness. New housewares? What's wrong with half-broken hand-me-downs? How can you justify this extravagance?

I mean I am pretty poor but I can afford seven dollar chip clips and the savings in mental health will be huge. And yet I felt like Brewster's Millions or something clicking the order button.

rRwz9.gif
    let's become a wandering cadre of magicians.

steam_sig.png
    Feral if you ever want to openly weep at some designs you should give Japanese websites a look.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Feral if you ever want to openly weep at some designs you should give Japanese websites a look.

oh, i do

i do

:winky:

Man now I kinda miss when David Blaine did street magic

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

bro, so many.

This discussion has been closed.