As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Memorial [Chat]

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Today will be Devise Advocacy Study Plan

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Also Britishers, should I join that Better Together campaign. If it is possible to join?

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    There's a trade-off at play here, one that can't be wished away or ignored. With a growing population, you can't restrict rising density in established suburbs, prevent sprawl on the urban fringes, and prevent housing from being unaffordable. Pick two of the three.

I pick 2 and 3.

That was easy!

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Free Market'll sort it out.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Arkham Knight the antagonist of the new Batman game

oC5sj9J.png

Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    My uncle died in his sleep, on the sofa. Don't know why. Was dehydrated and tired. I'm named after him. I don't love many people.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    PLA wrote: »
    My uncle died in his sleep, on the sofa. Don't know why. Was dehydrated and tired. I'm named after him. I don't love many people.

I'm sorry, man.

rRwz9.gif
    Dukkha. Life is a joke in poor taste.

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    My mother in law has cancer, and we're not sure how far it has spread.

Today me and my daughter, who is only 5, watched Star Wars for the first time. Part of me was worried she was too young for it, but a little bit I wanted her to see Ben die so we could talk about it a bit.

I am really fucking grasping at straws here, trying to prepare my little girl for the death of her absolutely beloved grandma.

I figure I could take a bear.
    Heh. My bankaccount is at 444. My uncle thought numerology was really funny.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    poshniallo wrote: »
    My mother in law has cancer, and we're not sure how far it has spread.

Today me and my daughter, who is only 5, watched Star Wars for the first time. Part of me was worried she was too young for it, but a little bit I wanted her to see Ben die so we could talk about it a bit.

I am really fucking grasping at straws here, trying to prepare my little girl for the death of her absolutely beloved grandma.

You're a good man, posh. And I am so sorry :(

rRwz9.gif
    I don't really remember how I learned about death. I guess one of my parents must have told me, because while it certainly gutted me when, say, my cat Thelonious died, or my great-granddad Dandy, I wasn't confused as to what it meant, and I don't remember a time when I was.

rRwz9.gif
    Arkham Knight the antagonist of the new Batman game
    oC5sj9J.png

Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg

That is obviously not any Knight of Arkham.

Why, it's NOLAN-MAN!

Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I don't really remember how I learned about death. I guess one of my parents must have told me, because while it certainly gutted me when, say, my cat Thelonious died, or my great-granddad Dandy, I wasn't confused as to what it meant, and I don't remember a time when I was.

I lived in the woods. Corpses have always been lying around. And that pretty much sums it up.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Wow, this is a depressing chat.

I just got back from my first date in two years with a girl that is super into movies. Our next date will be to see Captain America 2. I'm going to have to keep this one if this keeps up!

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Well we live in the countryside. Dead animals abound. But I get the feeling this is different. This isn't about death, it's about people, and What Happens.

I figure I could take a bear.
    He was hospitalised a while for the dehydration. But spanish doctors always throw up their hands and say, "it's probably nothing" when making a diagnosis takes a while.

Huh. In work for 30 and had first argument with client, which is a record. If they can't explain query and get aggravated when questions asked it seems like an impasse has arisen!

That fake Batman looks like Commander Shepard.

And Thelonius is a good name for a cat.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ripping up a whole pivot table and turning it into a full-blown data model for future ease of coding, aww yeah.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    @ronya - Australia's RBA tracks inflation by quarter with targets of between 2-3%. How does this apply when it comes to a yearly figure? Is this the normal way of doing things?

I.e. Does 2 percent mean that it would equate to a yearly average or 2% inflation? Or is it rather 4 quarters of 2% inflation is actually an inflation rate of 1.02^4 ?

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Being Religious and being Jewish, you grow up hearing about the Holocaust and people dying in the Bible, so death never was a question for me. Hell, my family is kinda weird in that we don't really morn the dead as much as celebrate their pasting from this world to the next. Except when its a young person, like my cousin Cory two years ago who was 19. Then it hurts pretty hard.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I love that Arnold is totally active on reddit especially the Fitness subreddit.

bloodyroarxx on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Ugh. Can not do muay thai this morning. Body is in full revolt after the recent onslaught.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I think I pulled something at rock climbing tonight

and it wasn't climber-chan

woe, etc

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    @ronya - Australia's RBA tracks inflation by quarter with targets of between 2-3%. How does this apply when it comes to a yearly figure? Is this the normal way of doing things?

I.e. Does 2 percent mean that it would equate to a yearly average or 2% inflation? Or is it rather 4 quarters of 2% inflation is actually an inflation rate of 1.02^4 ?

generally: yearly average, seasonally-adjusted.

aRkpc.gif
    the quarterly number given might year-on-year, i.e., this quarter's price level compared to the same quarter last year

aRkpc.gif
    In the Babylonian Talmud, Chapter 82a of Tractate Yoma mentions pregnancy cravings for non-kosher food (the passage discusses a pregnant woman who craves pork on Yom Kippur) as the paradigmatic example of a presumed life-threatening situation where a person is allowed to eat non-kosher food (and is permitted to eat it on Yom Kippur).

TIL.

aRkpc.gif
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i don't want to do things today

BjujKyuCUAEiW2d.jpg:large

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I have no idea what just happened but my sleep schedule sorta fixed itself from being too broken

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I have no idea what just happened but my sleep schedule sorta fixed itself from being too broken

My sleep schedule went completely insane when I started on my new meds.

By which I mean I go to bed before 23. Insanity.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

Did you remember to play the inverted song of time?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Echo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

My sleep schedule went completely insane when I started on my new meds.

By which I mean I go to bed before 23. Insanity.

I have vague memories of such a time

ftOqU21.png
    evilbob wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »

Did you remember to play the inverted song of time?

Thesis robot did not acquire the "ocarina.exe" disk in time.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hello [chat]. Compared to some posts on this page my troubles seem rather tame: I have boatloads of work to catch up to.

I can't remember not understanding death

I think it's usually like, we just never thought about it before

oh yeah

death

never considered that before.

ftOqU21.png
    is it wrong to be nostalgic for last summer? what's the age limit for nostalgia?

maybe it's not nostalgia just assosciation triggering my memory

what I am saying is that the weather is lovely and that even I can have my fill of rain

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.