As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TRENCHES] Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - I’m Dreaming Of A

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited March 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
I’m Dreaming Of A

I’m Dreaming Of A
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/im-dreaming-of-a

Pucker Up

Anonymous

It’s quite obvious that QA can be an egregious environment. Racking up over 2,000 hours of test time in less than six months will wear down anyone’s sanity. As testers, we always made sure to keep that among ourselves, and not to let it affect our testing or bug writing. At the dev studio however, there were apparently no such rules.

Enter Jason. This rather eccentric audio dev began telling fantastic tales on our bug comments. Every audio bug was apparently fixed by him reaching into the netherverse and fighting off a rabid unicorn or three headed pigeon to fix a bit of audio jittering.

We were fascinated by his stories, and would often climb through the bug database looking for his comments. That’s when I found the anus pucker bug. A specific monster in the game had a very slight delay when shooting at enemies, and he described it at thus:

“The anus pucker thing doesn’t make a noise right away when firing its anus pucker discharge at enemies” This went on for paragraphs, describing in detail about how the anus pucker would sometimes misfire, and that the anus pucker should fire correctly.

That bug was printed out more times than I can recall. It was even taped to the side of my monitor for those times when our sanity was wearing. Nothing like a good anus pucker to pick you up when you’re down.

Geth on

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    A new artist again!?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Gamer8585Gamer8585 Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    A new artist again!?

I for one welcome our new twice baked overlord, and his well dressed anthropomorphic elephant pal.

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    If the punch was better (although I can barely see how as it led into that) then this should be PA's third strip. That has one artist and 40 different writers.

• DeminobodyDeminobody Registered User new member
    I lost it at panel three and kept laughing through panel four! The art style reminds me of Sunday comics the way Marley's colors bleed through EVERY line. Fantastic!