As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Planes, Planes and, well, planes!

HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101!Behind YouRegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in PAX East
2 WEEKS AWAY!

Ahem, now that that's out of my system, I was wondering who is flying into Boston Logan on April 10 and will be arriving around 12:30ish pm. That's when I'll be landing (taking Jet Blue out of Newark, NJ) and I have to wait around the airport for a couple of hours for my buddy from Texas to arrive. There's a Boston Beer Works there I thought maybe we could all pass the time, eat some lunch, grab a drink (or 3) and play some Zombie Dice. Bonus if you are staying at the Long Wharf, we could all split a cab and you you could come to the game night I'm hosting there (Shameless self promotion).

Who's in?

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

Halfazedninja on

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Sadly, we arrive around 9am and are staying at the Seaport ... but sounded fun otherwise :-)

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    I think the 3 of us get in around 2:30 from Baltimore. When does your friend arrive? Also, we're staying at the Hilton, so pretty close!

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    I'm taking the same flight but on the 9th :)

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    cadmia wrote: »
    I think the 3 of us get in around 2:30 from Baltimore. When does your friend arrive? Also, we're staying at the Hilton, so pretty close!

My friend gets in at like 3:45. Since the Hilton is close you should swing by the Game Night!
    GhostDan wrote: »
    I'm taking the same flight but on the 9th :)

You're early lol

• RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    My boyfriend and I land at 230.... We love beer and board games... So if you're still looking, maybe we can meet up?!

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Renneesme wrote: »
    My boyfriend and I land at 230.... We love beer and board games... So if you're still looking, maybe we can meet up?!

Sounds good to me!

• ChibikimChibikim Registered User regular
    Newbie here. First time going to PAX so im pretty excited. Flying from Chicago to Boston via Southwest on Thursday. Should be there at 12:30. Can't wait!

Chibikim wrote: »
    Newbie here. First time going to PAX so im pretty excited. Flying from Chicago to Boston via Southwest on Thursday. Should be there at 12:30. Can't wait!

You never forget your first time... at PAX lol. It's unlike any other convention I've been to.

• RicinRicin Registered User regular
    I arrive at noon on the 10th. I can meet you there!

Ricin wrote: »
    I arrive at noon on the 10th. I can meet you there!

awesome!

• FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    2 WEEKS AWAY!

Ahem, now that that's out of my system, I was wondering who is flying into Boston Logan on April 10 and will be arriving around 12:30ish pm. That's when I'll be landing (taking Jet Blue out of Newark, NJ) and I have to wait around the airport for a couple of hours for my buddy from Texas to arrive. There's a Boston Beer Works there I thought maybe we could all pass the time, eat some lunch, grab a drink (or 3) and play some Zombie Dice. Bonus if you are staying at the Long Wharf, we could all split a cab and you you could come to the game night I'm hosting there (Shameless self promotion).

Who's in?

Thats really funny man I think I am on your flight. Its flight 2380 right? 12:36-1:43

I'd be happy to chill and hang out for a while pre and post flight. I am checking in at the Hyatt (sorry no long wharf :( )but it would be nice to chill with someone before the flight.

• TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    2 WEEKS AWAY!

Who's in?

I'm landing at 11:25 AM on AirTran from Atlanta. Sounds like a plan.

FireWater wrote: »
    2 WEEKS AWAY!

Who's in?

Thats really funny man I think I am on your flight. Its flight 2380 right? 12:36-1:43

I'd be happy to chill and hang out for a while pre and post flight. I am checking in at the Hyatt (sorry no long wharf :( )but it would be nice to chill with someone before the flight.

Yeah man that's my flight! Good ol' Newark!

@Tripleozero Very cool. Looks like quite the group we'll have there.

• phillerphiller Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    My friend and I should make it to Boston around 2:20, so it'd be cool to drop in for a bit! Our first priority is picking up our badges at the BCEC though.

philler on
    All Kinds of Philler: A pop culture podcast remarkably free of filler!
    Twitter: @phillerworks || @AKOPpodcast || Steam: mr_philler
    PAX East '14 Locations: || Classic Console Freeplay || Tabletop Area || Long Wharf Pre-PAX Game Night (Come say hi or trade buttons!)
  • RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    Sounds good, I get in at 11:50 that day. I could probably get something set up when I get there so when the big flight of people arrive, it's ready to go.

PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
    Rufe wrote: »
    Sounds good, I get in at 11:50 that day. I could probably get something set up when I get there so when the big flight of people arrive, it's ready to go.

That sounds great!

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    I arrive around 1 that day. I'm under 21 though. Honestly I'd show up just for some lunch and company if they allow that.

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
    Kythos wrote: »
    I arrive around 1 that day. I'm under 21 though. Honestly I'd show up just for some lunch and company if they allow that.

Yeah it's a regular restaurant in the airport, not just a bar. Come hang out :smile:

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    Kythos wrote: »

Yeah it's a regular restaurant in the airport, not just a bar. Come hang out :smile:

Ballin, I'll be there!

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    I'm flying on Jetblue from Philly to Boston that morning and I land at 12:05. I'd be down for some day-drinking with you guys!

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • AcadienAcadien Registered User new member
    First time going to Pax and Im flying from Louisiana. I get in round 12:30 and gotta wait on my friend to get in, and this sounds like fun

• KomiKomi Registered User regular
    The irony. I'm flying in from Texas and arriving at 12:35pm... XD I'll be the one my group is waiting on though, so I'll be taking off for the Omni Parker House right away.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    Alright guys, so that I can get a rough headcount for tables and such, send me a PM if you're going to show up and what time you're expected to arrive.

PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
    Boston Logan is being taken over...BY NERDS :smile:

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Boston Logan is being taken over...BY NERDS :smile:

The geeks shall inherit the earth !

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Toronto Porter PAX party plane™ doesn't land till 2:15, though I'll probably get settled and then start heading to the westin for board games and handing off the badge to the last of my party I won't meet up with till then.

Coan on
    Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • phillerphiller Registered User regular
    Coan wrote: »
    Toronto Porter PAX party plane™ doesn't land till 2:15, though I'll probably get settled and then start heading to the westin for board games and handing off the badge to the last of my party I won't meet up with till then.
    Whoa, Porter flight at 12:45 to 2:20? I think we're on the same plane! We might be able to have a Canadian meet-up before Boston.

All Kinds of Philler: A pop culture podcast remarkably free of filler!
    Twitter: @phillerworks || @AKOPpodcast || Steam: mr_philler
    PAX East '14 Locations: || Classic Console Freeplay || Tabletop Area || Long Wharf Pre-PAX Game Night (Come say hi or trade buttons!)
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Yup, flight 943 on the 10th. Several of us in my group got in on a seat sale a few months back.

as a note: if you do wish to seek me out, i'll likely be the bearded guy in the first party shell, and I'll probably be bumming around playing pokemon with a group of cosplayers in tow.

Coan on
    Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
    Anyone have any games they would want brought? Something that can play a good number of players without getting bogged down would be great

I'm flying on Jetblue from Philly to Boston that morning and I land at 12:05. I'd be down for some day-drinking with you guys!

I am doing the Philly boston run on US Airways. Did you want to meet up before the flight and hang out?

Anyone have any games they would want brought? Something that can play a good number of players without getting bogged down would be great

I know I'll have Zombie Dice and maybe Cthulu Dice with me.

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Anyone else flying out of Akron on Thursday, midday-ish? There are six of us who would love to meet you before the flight! Especially me, as I'm terrified of flying and will need every possible distraction.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular

I am doing the Philly boston run on US Airways. Did you want to meet up before the flight and hang out?

What's your flight? I'm on US Airways 1776. I'll have all my games for the Long Wharf game night on me because I'm not planning to check any bags.

gonexall wrote: »
    What's your flight? I'm on US Airways 1776. I'll have all my games for the Long Wharf game night on me because I'm not planning to check any bags.

I am on US Airways 2033. Depart 10:15am Arriving at Boston 11:40am

• RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    Anyone leaving from Columbus OH about 11? My boyfriend apparently likes hanging out at airports... So we could get together before the flight!

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • sobe253sobe253 Registered User regular
    I am arriving from Seattle into Boston at 6:30AM Thursday morning I think I might be the only Crazy one Taking a Red-Eye flight into Pax

sobe253 wrote: »
    I am arriving from Seattle into Boston at 6:30AM Thursday morning I think I might be the only Crazy one Taking a Red-Eye flight into Pax

That's dedication man!

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone else going to be on Southwest #1012? Leaving SeaTac at 6:30am with a stop in Chicago? (I think the second leg is SW #4389) Arrives in Boston at 4:30.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I'm on a late flight. JetBlue flight 1286 from Washington-Dulles at 9:05 PM. I have college classes, so I really squeezed PAX in.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    my flights from UK starts at 5.55am and I get to Boston about 2pm

PurpleBek on
    pax%20sig.png