As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] --- new thread up ---

1939495969799»

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Took bit over 2 hours to level my WD from 60 to 70. Adventure mode is so nice for leveling too!

Piranhado is win.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    so what the heck. ive gotten sucked back into this. I messing around with my Monk and for the life of me i cant find lashing tail kick... was it removed or something?

It's definitely there. I use it on my monk in combination with my Helm that shoots fireballs when I use LTK.

Ok, so im not crazy then. But i still cant find it. Its not under primary, secondary or any of the 1-4 number keys...

Secondary and 2 have the same 3 skills to choose from. Dashing strike, exploding palm and sweeping wind.
    I dont even see it on the battle.net skill calculator.

:neutral_face:

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm liking Wave of Mutilation more than the other Piranha runes. Mostly because all the damage is upfront (so it crits rather well and they don't need to stand in it), it travels pretty far, and it's pretty wide.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I've been playing this every waking moment I have when not at work, and my crusader is only in the mid 40s.

I don't have high level gems or twink items and I have less than a million in gold, that's possibly why. I'm even leveling on Master and it seems to be going slow.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    so what the heck. ive gotten sucked back into this. I messing around with my Monk and for the life of me i cant find lashing tail kick... was it removed or something?

It's definitely there. I use it on my monk in combination with my Helm that shoots fireballs when I use LTK.

Ok, so im not crazy then. But i still cant find it. Its not under primary, secondary or any of the 1-4 number keys...

Secondary and 2 have the same 3 skills to choose from. Dashing strike, exploding palm and sweeping wind.

You should be able to open the skill panel with S, click on a skill, then cycle through categories with the arrows at the top.

If you can't, you might have the advanced skill management option off.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Man if you play on Torment I leveling is insanely fast now. Just killed the Butcher on my Crusader and am halfway through level 37.

Also holy hell Limitless Hammers.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »

You should be able to open the skill panel with S, click on a skill, then cycle through categories with the arrows at the top.

If you can't, you might have the advanced skill management option off.

HAH! Elective mode was turned off! Thank you!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    N4ZFyk1.jpg
    Now if only I had a demon hunter.

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    So you're telling me that not only can I use black hole to wrangle varmints for frozen orb sweet-spotting, but I can rune it to break the walls down?!
    To quote Zilea, of World of Warcraft fame: "Wizards!"

P.S. <3 Y2J

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    stats on it are pretty bad though, even if you lucked into a three socket re-roll

I found a DH legendary chest that fires a rocket when you get hit by or dodge a ranged attack. That got me into trouble for a little while before I decided I should just pretend I didn't have it

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Edit: deleted, this was already resolved.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    stats on it are pretty bad though, even if you lucked into a three socket re-roll

I found a DH legendary chest that fires a rocket when you get hit by or dodge a ranged attack. That got me into trouble for a little while before I decided I should just pretend I didn't have it

I want that one so bad for my DH

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    YogoYogo Registered User regular
    So a few pages back everyone was screaming Crusader's damage suck.

Strangely enough I was in the same alley until I unlocked Heaven's Fury - First of the Heavens.

Holy shit, my life just turned around for good. Instead of having it on your ability bar, have it as your right clicker to better aim.

With Laws of Valor (runed 50% ability cost), Judgement (80% crit rune) and Akarat's Champion (50% damage per 20 wrath, should really use cd reduction one), I melt every single elite pack and otherwise I meet. The only ones giving me trouble have to have arcane, plagued and thorns on them to make me move.

However, as a reminder this is at level 63 with 99k dps on master, but it certainly helped my killing speed.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Well, good luck at lvl. 70 on T1...

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I think I hit every single boss enrage timer with my Monk through Act V Torment I and miraculously still beat it all.

But doing adventure mode, Belial enrage mode is just completely stupid.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    Well, good luck at lvl. 70 on T1...

Oh quiet you. No one can do comfortably do T1 as a fresh 70. My Monk had to drop down to Expert.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    just roll wizard if you want ez mode flavor of the month.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    just roll wizard if you want ez mode flavor of the month.

I've tried to play a wizard 3 separate times and the class just bores me to tears.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So what's the final verdict on Strength of Heaven?

On the one hand, using a two handed weapon with a shield is awesome thematically and should up DPS. On the other hand losing 15% movement speed from the current value AND the cap seems like an awful lot...

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

On the one hand, using a two handed weapon with a shield is awesome thematically and should up DPS. On the other hand losing 15% movement speed from the current value AND the cap seems like an awful lot...

It only reduces the cap, but its still really painful.

Its worth it since most level 70 Crusader builds rely on burst damage with cooldowns to kill elite packs.

Judgement 80% crit chance rune + Law of Justice 100% crit damage rune + Bombardment + Akarat (cooldown reduction).

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    N4ZFyk1.jpg
    Now if only I had a demon hunter.
    Reminds me if the legendary boots I got on my Demon Hunter that were dripping with Intellect :p

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

You only lose it from the cap, you don't lose it from your current speed.

I don't know why you wouldn't use it (unless you're going for a super high swing speed build o purpose).

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Because two-handers are terrible? (Except those flails that have awesome crusader-related abilities). Not worth giving up a passive slot and movement speed penalty for in my opinion.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Two-handers are nice with Heavenly Strength. They have 30% ish more dps, and even more actual damage due to slower attack speed (which is good for the cooldown skills). And more stats. They're imo easily worth the slot.. and possibly worth the movespeed penalty.

They do suck for all other classes though, since they're not good enough to compensate loss of another weapon or offhand.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Welp, about time for new thread.

See you in game, ladies and gents.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
This discussion has been closed.