As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Comic #4 Out Now!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    i,m spartacus
    He's Spartacus.

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Yo, that dude over there?

He's Spartacus.

Ahhhh this map is eating my braaain.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

The map is zombie Spartacus.

488W936.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Just beat my first MvM mission! Woo!

(I can feel Valve reaching into my pocket with Tour of Duty tickets in hand. Arlgkjalgkjdf)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

The map is spartie Zombicus.

I dunno what it is about TF2 that makes me want to flip the first syllables of everything.

I do it constantly to myself when people talk over voice chat.

More like... sinny mentries.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    That answers the question of why he hasn't done many of those lately, I suppose.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Okay, it's almost 4am and I work at 7am (notice a trend here?) but I think I've got both my April Fools maps finished. I just need to do a last run over of TSL and compile + pack both of them and we should be ready. I should be able to get both of them ready before HONC tomorrow, barring any issues.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    He seems bitter about them now, which is sad and douchey of him.

I've made a huge mistake

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, depending on if I can work out all my necessary installs, I'm going to likely be available for HoNC tonight. Mainly because I took the weekend off sick.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Seems to me that the TSAs were just a silly thing he wanted to do to help the tf2 community grow in skill. But then he got known for them, and near as I can tell, they're pretty much all most people want from him. Which can be kind of frustrating.

So yeah, I kinda understand/empathize with the bitterness that's coming across.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I will not be honcing because I will be watching louisville destroying uk

Kilroy on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    From Krunkidile himself, on Reddit:
    Krunkidile wrote:
    I stopped making these because they aren't really that fun to make anymore. I like being able to do what I want without being bound to message conveyance. People don't seem to care and I haven't lost any subscribers because of it.
    And to be fair, I never thought I was anywhere close to the expectations you people have.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    dude had a good run with a cool idea

now he's over it

ain't no thang

He was a pretty cool guy the little bit I hung out with him during that Trainsawlaser event. Granted he was raging at both me and my map the entire time, but it was a good rage. The kind of rage I expect.

I hope he continues with it in a limited capacity for it's original purpose, and in the meantime continues to be the exceptionally talented animator he is and make other TF2/Source things. Artists always gotta be trying something new.

Also lay off a bit on whatever he was one earlier this year that produced some of the more... avant garde bits he's done.

488W936.png
    that agree is for everything except the last line, Core. Experimentation is good.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    also, it looks like I the tuftoo download is going to take about 3-4 hours, at current speeds.

so no HoNC for me, tonight. unless something miraculous happens.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Honc Honc nerds!

X22wmuF.jpg
    In the process of uploading koth_wubwubwub to send to mavers so he in turn can upload it to the server.

edited March 2014
    32AA4F6828DB647484A7BB3CF07520D1259D79AD

UEAKCrash on
    Oh no! My replay from wubwubwub didn't record the music.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I think the music on wubwubwub could actually benefit from being turned down a bit.

I mean, the first minute or so is pretty funny to have cranked but after that being literally incapable of using voice chat gets a bit grating.

xzzy on
    edited March 2014
    turtleant wrote: »
    Oh no! My replay from wubwubwub didn't record the music.

I'm betting the relay has to start before the music does, otherwise it's not getting triggered.
    xzzy wrote: »
    I think the music on wubwubwub could actually benefit from being turned down a bit.

I mean, the first minute or so is pretty funny to have cranked but after that being literally incapable of using voice chat gets a bit grating.

Yeah I might drop it a bit after April fools, if I keep up with the map. I could see it getting pretty insane over time.

I actually kept expansion in mind while building it so it is all pretty modular.

And for those that missed my explaination; after the first two songs the whole system gets randomized. So it goes <buildup> <short voice clip line> <music> that can all be interchangeable.

There are 7 buildups, 10 voice clips, and 9 songs. So there can be a lot of combinations.

UEAKCrash on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    antipop i ike how i killed you but its a scrreenshot of smahshbutton

im a little drunk still,

Was there anything glaringly obvious I should change on wubwubwub before April Fools? I forget.

• CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    Among all the flashing lights, just like how you have the strobing UEAKCRASH, you need to make a reference to the fact that it is a professional e-sport map only, not for casuals.

Montage parody videos: the map, basically?

Oh yeah, there's a bit TF2 charity event happening right now:

http://tipofthehats.org/

At least on my graphics settings, the glass ceiling on the one room was pretty hard to see, I tried to rocket jump through it more than once.

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Oh shit Sal just invited me into the tip of the hats mumble, I'm looking at the big live list of nerds on right now.

edit: oh god I'm in staff chat and I don't even know whyyyy

UEAKCrash on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    The next time we play wubwub, everyone who has the Shred Alert taunt has to get up on top of the speaker at the start of the round, and whoever spams it the longest without getting killed or knocked off wins.

server crash

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Was there anything glaringly obvious I should change on wubwubwub before April Fools? I forget.

Some weird invisible box/ledge directly above the middle point... think it only shows up after the wubwubwub starts up, and it looks like you can get trapped in it. And you can cap/defend while on/in it.
    Also, sentry jumping is a pain in the ass while your screen is shaking

This discussion has been closed.