As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VROOOM PSH VRROOOOOM [Car thread]

IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirateAnd give me that bootyRegistered User regular
Aww yeah lets talk about our sweet ass rides

o75sLmW.jpg

Or

SsPTc69.jpg

Motorcycle talk also allowed and encouraged

ipsesignew.jpg
Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I replaced the front brake cable on my postie bike yesterday. Now I can stop!

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    So my tax returns came in and now nobody is responding to my emails on craigslist!

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    We just had an Auto Show in Ft. Lauderdale this weekend, and it had one of the new 2015 Mustangs there. I think it sold me to wait until they come out to get a new car. Probably next year when the second model year is out.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    SsPTc69.jpg

Wow, who would do such a thing to a classic car like a first-gen Corvette?

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Chris, that post hurts me on the inside. We both know what car that is.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    A Ferarri 250 GTO?

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    A Ferarri 250 GTO?

No clearly it's a 240Z

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I bet when he hits the horn it goes MEOW.

Also that the owner makes constant "Yeah, my car really purrs" puns.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    @Jasconius‌ It looks like we might see the new Miata in three weeks?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    psh, that's fine with me. i'm not gonna buy one. but it would be nice for them to have at least one decent sportscar still

i hope it's light and I hope it has 200+HP

• Options
    I agree, I would like to see the Miata return to being the premier "cheap" sports car.

I think I am much more interested in the Alfa Romeo version of the car. Give it the engine from the 4C and they'll have a nice little roadster with some (hopefully) classic lines.

• Options
    If they put a triple-rotor 250kW version of the Renesis in it, they simply would not be able to build enough to keep up with demand.

They won't, (emissions) but it'd be nice. They could put the turbo 2.3 out of the MazdaSpeed 3 MPS in the new MX-5 for around 265 horsepower? They won't, (who the fuck knows why!) but it'd be nice too.

• Options
    Stupid craigslist sellers

"All it needs is upper inner fairings"

And here's what was actually wrong:

All inner fairing parts were missing, frame was dented, fairings were held on with zip ties, missing one headlamp bulb, one fork seal was leaking, valve cover gasket leaking, had a slight miss, brake lever was bent, rear set was bent so bad it was rubbing against the swing arm, left side passenger peg was sheared off, all turn signals missing, no plate light, and one shitty ass paint job.

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    "could use new tires" is another one that translates to "sitting on 4 spares, but i'm gonna want those back so i hope you brought a trailer"

• Options
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Stupid craigslist sellers

"All it needs is upper inner fairings"

And here's what was actually wrong:

All inner fairing parts were missing, frame was dented, fairings were held on with zip ties, missing one headlamp bulb, one fork seal was leaking, valve cover gasket leaking, had a slight miss, brake lever was bent, rear set was bent so bad it was rubbing against the swing arm, left side passenger peg was sheared off, all turn signals missing, no plate light, and one shitty ass paint job.

"One careful 80 y/o lady owner, only drove to church on Sundays" roughly translates to ex-police pursuit, ex-rental, ex-taxi, (yeah, all three) 2 million kilometres done and nothing left but half a rusted flywheel.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    "Registered non-op" -Bought from a guy 2 weeks ago for half the price, I put about 2 hours of work in to it and crafted a story about how this car used to be my life.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ugh. My car is in trouble. Last week when I went to start it, the engine would start but then idle badly and then die after two or three seconds. If I tried to touch the gas peddle at all it would instantly die. I had to leave it at work overnight. The next morning it started fine with no troubles.

Took it in and the computer told them the Mass Airflow Sensor was bad so that was replaced and it seemed to be fine.

A couple of days ago I went to start it at home and the revs just started rising and dropping over and over. It did not die but kept doing this. Tried again later and it started fine and ran fine.

This afternoon I went to started and it first did the original die thing, then on restarting it it did the jumping and dropping revs thing and then I think I saw some smoke so I shut it off quick but couldn't find where it was coming from.

Sigh. I just want a full time job so I can ditch this car for a cheap new car under warranty.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    We have a 2008 Honda Fit with about 110K miles on it. Maitenance Minder code A1235 just popped up. The internet tells me
    60,000 MILE SERVICE OR SYMBOL ‘A1235’ OR ‘B1235’

Recommended Mileage Intervals: 60k/120k/180k
    Perform Honda certified 19-point inspection:
    Install new Honda certified engine oil
    Install new Honda certified engine oil filter and seal
    Install premium engine protection additive
    Inspect vital engine compartment fluid levels
    Check and adjust tire pressures
    Check and adjust idle speed
    Lubricate throttle linkage
    Honda certified battery service
    Lubricate all locks, doors, hinges and seals
    Clean and adjust rear brakes
    Rotate all 4 tires
    Clean and adjust rear brakes (drums only)
    Replace cabin air filter element
    Replace engine air filter element
    Replace wiper blade inserts
    Exchange automatic or manual transmission fluid
    Under vehicle inspection
    Honda certified tire condition inspection
    Honda certified brake pad condition inspection
    Exchange engine coolant
    Update vehicle on-board computer with latest software

$369.95
    http://willetthonda.com/custom/service_menu/
    that isn't my local garage, but i wonder if that price is accurate

FFFFFFFFF

• Options
    60,000 MILE SERVICE OR SYMBOL ‘A1235’ OR ‘B1235’

Recommended Mileage Intervals: 60k/120k/180k
    Perform Honda certified 19-point inspection:
    Install new Honda certified engine oil
    Install new Honda certified engine oil filter and seal
    Install premium engine protection additive
    Inspect vital engine compartment fluid levels
    Check and adjust tire pressures
    Check and adjust idle speed
    Lubricate throttle linkage
    Honda certified battery service
    Lubricate all locks, doors, hinges and seals
    Clean and adjust rear brakes
    Rotate all 4 tires
    Clean and adjust rear brakes (drums only)
    Replace cabin air filter element
    Replace engine air filter element
    Replace wiper blade inserts
    Exchange automatic or manual transmission fluid
    Under vehicle inspection
    Honda certified tire condition inspection
    Honda certified brake pad condition inspection
    Exchange engine coolant
    Update vehicle on-board computer with latest software

I have bolded the things that are bullshit and shouldn't be charged for or actually need.

All you really need is a standard oil change, a radiator fluid flush, and a transmission fluid flush. Air filters may or may not need to be changed, really depends on where you live and what kind of driving you do. Wiper blade replacement is not a bad idea, but really that is something you should do whenever your windshield wipers start to suck.

Everything else is either BS or stuff that any decent mechanics shop will include for free.

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    At 110,000 miles if you haven't already had this done recently then you really ought to have all fluids (and relevant filters) changed, engine oil, gearbox oil, coolant, brake & clutch fluid, powersteering fluid. Engine intake and cabin air filters changed, wheel bearings checked for play, steering alignment checked, suspension inspection. Clutch inspection and a thorough underbody and brake inspection.

• Options
    i dont think rotors can even be sold in California anymore... but it would be cool if they took the Speed3 engine and put that in a new speed MX-5

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the advice.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    2014 BMW i8 Review: http://youtu.be/J8K4Rq7uhGw

• Options
    Sold my ZX6 today!

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Dogecoin is attempting to sponsor a NASCAR cup car

it is unclear if they will be the primary sponsor on the livery but apparently it's happening

i cannot wait to hear Darrell Waltrips opinions on e-currency

• Options
    Pothole + 70mph + no open lane to escape into = sidewall bulge.

At least the warranty I have on the tires is solid. I've put 30k miles on them and it's only $19 to get a new tire.

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    :( Surprise tank-trap potholes are the worrrrst.

30 kmi means worn enough to have to replace its mate, too, right?

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    They said no, surprisingly. But that is less than half the life of the tire so I guess I'm not so surprised.

• Options
    And here's the reason why I sold the ZX6 yesterday:

1957764_10101203205303788_1629179965_o.jpg

2000 Suzuki TL1000S

Only 20,000 miles! Super happy with it so far! Gonna go out and hit the twistys this weekend to give it a real test.

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Motorcycles blow my mind. I mean, that bike is supposed to be able to do 0-60 in just under 3 seconds, and the quarter mile in less than 10.85. That's absolutely bonkers performance for something that cost you less than what, probably $5000? (Going off eBay prices for that ballpark).

And it gets like 33mpg.

I feel like I need a motorcycle in my life right now.

But I also value being alive.

Compromises, I guess.

• Options
    Flying CouchFlying Couch Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

As much as I want to like this, Suzuki did it better over a decade ago with the G-Strider.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »

both.gif

• Options
    Motorcycles blow my mind. I mean, that bike is supposed to be able to do 0-60 in just under 3 seconds, and the quarter mile in less than 10.85. That's absolutely bonkers performance for something that cost you less than what, probably $5000? (Going off eBay prices for that ballpark).

And it gets like 33mpg.

Compromises, I guess.

I only paid $2800

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    You also forgot you get all of that while still getting 40mpg (actually more like 35mpg with this bike)

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Dude, think about a Suzuki Hayabusa. 200+ mph ON A BIKE.

• Options
    Or consider the Isle of Man TT.

• Options
    Like, I don't think that riding a motorcycle is that much more dangerous than any other speed-based activity in isolation.

But I know my luck with motor vehicles and I would be the guy that gets smashed because some jackweed didn't check over their shoulder before changing lanes or something.

• Options
    Like, I don't think that riding a motorcycle is that much more dangerous than any other speed-based activity in isolation.

But I know my luck with motor vehicles and I would be the guy that gets smashed because some jackweed didn't check over their shoulder before changing lanes or something.

You get pretty good pretty quick at spotting the numpties that are about to change lanes at you.

Well, you start with 'everyone is out to kill me' then narrow it down slightly from there.

• Options
    im going to the indycar race this weekend

actually most excited about the Pirelli Global Challenge. love them GT cars

This discussion has been closed.