As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Fractions

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
I have heard that many of you still have not yet mastered fractions. Do you want me to explain the importance of playing this game and continuing your education? To make my pitch? Here we come upon the conundrum. To sell I would need to explain, to explain one divulges informations, and surprises are necessarily not that. And such is our eternal battle with ourselves.

Please, improve yourselves.

frogfractions.png

http://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions

smCQ5WE.jpg

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I think it's kind of telling that if someone here had made a joke in similar taste about someone being trans, they would have had shit hurled at them but jokes about mental illness are a-ok.

Don't worry guys, you sure as progressive and tolerant as you think you are.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Oh my god yes.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    WHAT HAPPEN

aRkpc.gif
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    closing a [chat] on page 79?

ANARCHY

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @Evil Multifarious‌ i thrive on time based/speed based games and things like word permutations are my jam

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    uYaO9u5.png?3

I drew this for work and I kind of love it

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    That was weird. I was just about to post when Elki closed the old [chat] and the whole page went up as a popup overlay over the actual page.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Elki has rebelled against his programming
    The revolution is at hand.

Bless your heart.
    in other news i just went to an icecream shop and had a banana split the size of my forearm

SUCH FAT HAPPINESS

uYaO9u5.png?3

i could see that going on a t-shirt

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh gods. Ex came by to pick some random stuff up last night.

Wanted to bang.

Like real bad.

I was like PLS NO. AREN'T YOU SEEING SOMEONE?

Flattering for.... obvious reasons but...

Like... c'mon....

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    I have heard that many of you still have not yet mastered fractions. Do you want me to explain the importance of playing this game and continuing your education? To make my pitch? Here we come upon the conundrum. To sell I would need to explain, to explain one divulges informations, and surprises are necessarily not that. And such is our eternal battle with ourselves.

Please, improve yourselves.

frogfractions.png

http://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions

for algebra help, also try

DragonBoxAlgebra12+_small.jpg

Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Part of me hoped this was a [chat] op about Matt Fraction.

Oh well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Evil Multifarious,‌ i thrive on time based/speed based games and things like word permutations are my jam

have you played many of... what's his name... Vlaada Chivatl's games?

Space Alert, Galaxy Trucker, etc.?

because they sound up your alley

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Tav wrote: »
    I think it's kind of telling that if someone here had made a joke in similar taste about someone being trans, they would have had shit hurled at them but jokes about mental illness are a-ok.

a lot of people get teased on here, dude. the "anguished artist" is a pretty well-worn trope. try not to take yourself so seriously. don't you do standup?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Elki, whatever you did locked up Safari on my iPad for like 5 minutes.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    My body has the illusion of curves when it is underneath my blanket.

This pleases me.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Poor old chat.

Evil Multifarious,‌ i thrive on time based/speed based games and things like word permutations are my jam

if u have an iOS device, word mage is a pretty neat little boggle-based rpg fusion thing

fill bars and level up as you boggle!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I don't disagree about the doubt standards, but I have the opposite reaction.

Plus I don't think it' smacking fun of mental illness as much as teen melodrama.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Cinders wrote: »

This pleases me.

This makes it sound like you're a royal, and your body is your subject.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    If you thrive on speedy games then play Space Cadets: Dice Duels. You'll need six people (or seven or eight), but it's insanely fun. Escape: The Curse of the Temple is similarly frantic and fun.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat]. It is Friday. Let there be rejoicing.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

wait what joke is this

Oh gods. Ex came by to pick some random stuff up last night.

Wanted to bang.

Like real bad.

I was like PLS NO. AREN'T YOU SEEING SOMEONE?

Flattering for.... obvious reasons but...

Like... c'mon....

I didn't mean you were a persistent weirdo.

Rather Lorc was. And that it was surprising and made Lorc all the weirder had he maintained a compelling and consistent personality such as yourself.

Are you really TTOdewback's daughter?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    uYaO9u5.png?3

my roommate won't eat broccoli or mushrooms and I think it's a crime against food

This pleases me.

:winky:

is that right?

is this a :winky: situation?

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

This pleases me.

This makes it sound like you're a royal, and your body is your subject.

I have a weird relationship with my body to be honest.

Casual wrote: »

This pleases me.

:winky:

is that right?

is this a :winky: situation?

Not really?

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    uYaO9u5.png?3

I love this because it's so true.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Apo, did you see my comment yesterday about translation of French philosophers?

i have been comparing some translations to original French and I feel like academics doing translation is... injecting a surprising level of obscurantism

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

if u have an iOS device, word mage is a pretty neat little boggle-based rpg fusion thing

Check out Spelltower too if you haven't. Super addictive.

Also one time I was playing it on a plane next to an attractive lady and had the chance to get a bunch of points with a really dirty word but didn't since I was worried she'd see it and think ill of me.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu

wait what joke is this
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Oh cool! My Teenage poem actually scored awesomes. Last I saw it had 1 'raven' and I was so sad I listened to MCR on repeat and cut myself.

if anything it was offensive because it was too easy

Wqdwp8l.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    We even make jokes about Organichu's crippling jewishness.

ftOqU21.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Broccoli is a collection of green colored bitter flavor.

Ugh.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

[Chat] might be more focused on trans issues than any other thing ever. Depression/mental illness is probably the third biggest obsession after unemployment. tbh its pretty doctrinaire, its just the ideology is (unevenly) tolerant and overall much more enlightened than most dogmas. Issue threads tend to be better. Chat is usually better when the topic is either not ideological or visited infrequently enough that there aren't "established acceptable positions." Jokes about genitals and gentrification are what chat is for IMO.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    Irond Will wrote: »

i don't have an iOS device, much to my boardgaming dismay

but filling bars is against everything i stand for anyways, will

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

i have not

i want to do space alert tho

pretty much everyone in here has a mental illness of some description

whereas only like 4 people are trans

you can make jokes about groups you're a part of but doing it about other peoples is 'cism

This discussion has been closed.