As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    anti vaccine chiropractor who sells homeopathic medicine and has two degrees in natural healing

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine
    + 5:45am wake up

@skippydumptruck‌

I got the kids up at 7:35. We need to leave for school at 7:45.

looooool

BTW Spool, any more updates on the whole school debacle that's been going on?

Boy got his chromebook returned to him after having it reformatted.
    He got in-school suspended for another day for having it hacked, but it turns out he did a brilliant thing: he didn't actually do the circumvention. He left it on a table at Wendy's with 5 of his friends, got in line to get a coke. When he returned, the device had been tampered with!

Plausible deniability.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    That story just makes me go.

China. *sigh*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I asked for ketchup for my steak one time at a high end restaurant, but it was only because the wait staff and manager were being complete cocks.

Fuck you assholes, if you're going to insult me by treating me like I'm not good enough to spend my hard earned money at your restaurant, I'm going to insult you too.

What the fuck? Was the waiter like flat out making fun of you or something?

I would also like to know more

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    anti vaccine chiropractor who sells homeopathic medicine and has two degrees in natural healing

i have 90 degree angles.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Also

If you did not play Frog Fractions in the OP

you are missing out like whoa! I am rocking out to the end credits right now.

I didn't get it. made me feel dumb so I rebelled and closed the tab

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

He got in-school suspended for another day for having it hacked, but it turns out he did a brilliant thing: he didn't actually do the circumvention. He left it on a table at Wendy's with 5 of his friends, got in line to get a coke. When he returned, the device had been tampered with!

Plausible deniability.

wait, what is this?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    Also

If you did not play Frog Fractions in the OP

you are missing out like whoa! I am rocking out to the end credits right now.

I didn't get it. made me feel dumb so I rebelled and closed the tab

Buy the dragon. Swim down.

• Options

i have 90 degree angles.

your qualifications check out

Welcome doctor, here's your business loan to start a Chiropractic clinic

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

i wouldn't leave my laptop open at a table in burger king with 50 of my friends there

curse this white hell

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @Irond Will

Steak, especially filet, can also be cooked black and blue to stunning results, not just medium rare.

It is just impossible to cook it that way at home unless your oven can achieve temperatures over 1000° easily.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Annoyance of the morning.

My new heatsink for my desktop arrived last night. My roommate put it on the couch and I didn't notice.

I could of had my desktop running last night but I gotta wait till I get home today.

Could of had SWTOR downloaded damn it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

wait, what is this?

My son got in a pile of trouble for complaining to me over IMs that he was bored as hell while in in-school suspension for a dress code violation. I raised hell with the disciplinarian about why he didn't have any work to do. She goes "how did you know?" and I accidentally told her it was because he IM'd me to tell me. He has to hack his school-supplied chromebook to do that at all, so he got in even more trouble. *facepalm*

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

Tampering or not I still think the administration at that school is a bunch of geese.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

That seems like an easy situation to work around. You could just as easily have made up that story on the spot!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @desc‌

The Grandmaster went up on Netflix the other day.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    syndalis wrote: »
    @Irond Will

Steak, especially filet, can also be cooked black and blue to stunning results, not just medium rare.

It is just impossible to cook it that way at home unless your oven can achieve temperatures over 1000° easily.

Actually! Those charcoal lighting towers put off a shit load of heat once they get going. Throw a grill grate on top and you can come pretty close.

I mean assuming you can cook outdoors and all that, mind.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I asked for ketchup for my steak one time at a high end restaurant, but it was only because the wait staff and manager were being complete cocks.

Fuck you assholes, if you're going to insult me by treating me like I'm not good enough to spend my hard earned money at your restaurant, I'm going to insult you too.

What the fuck? Was the waiter like flat out making fun of you or something?

It was a Morton's in Chicago, and they were acting like dicks because we were in jeans and all sweaty from walking around town all day in 90* weather. It was a bunch of little stuff - took forever to get seated, waiter ignored us / took forever, etc.

When we mentioned it to the manager during the obligatory 'how is your meal' he told us that his restaurant is excellent and we must not be used to the quality of service they provide. The way he said it was basically 'you poors need to go back to Applebees'.

If I'm dropping $250 on two entrees and a couple drinks, I expect to be treated like a prince even if I show up in a fucking stained bathrobe.

We left a $.02 tip too, although that probably just reaffirmed the whole 'too low class to eat here' opinion.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    That's like movie mafia plausible deniability. That wouldn't even hold up for a white dude in Texas

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    @Irond Will

Actually! Those charcoal lighting towers put off a shit load of heat once they get going. Throw a grill grate on top and you can come pretty close.

okay, lemme rephrase.

Impossible to cook that way at home in a major metro like NYC.

Salamanders come close also.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Oh gods. Ex came by to pick some random stuff up last night.

Wanted to bang.

Like real bad.

I was like PLS NO. AREN'T YOU SEEING SOMEONE?

Flattering for.... obvious reasons but...

Like... c'mon....

I didn't mean you were a persistent weirdo.

Rather Lorc was. And that it was surprising and made Lorc all the weirder had he maintained a compelling and consistent personality such as yourself.

Are you really TTOdewback's daughter?

WHAT

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Yeah I forgot to check my outdoor cooking priv once again...

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

Tampering or not I still think the administration at that school is a bunch of geese.

Agreed. They have done a series of vindictive shit over the course of this, and I am currently pestering the principal for a meeting to discuss it. They are pissing me off like whoa.

Also the restrictions they have on chromebooks are fucking stupid. Astoundingly stupid. They could have google hangout enabled so that kids who are out of school could still attend class! But no, they've disabled it because reasons.

Kids can't email their teachers because the teachers all have email addresses outside the domain, and the kids can't send email outside the domain.

They can't get to facebook, youtube, or even khan academy from inside the school because of the whitelist, even though the teachers have coursework or study groups using all three of those things.

grrrrr

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

wait, what is this?

My son got in a pile of trouble for complaining to me over IMs that he was bored as hell while in in-school suspension for a dress code violation. I raised hell with the disciplinarian about why he didn't have any work to do. She goes "how did you know?" and I accidentally told her it was because he IM'd me to tell me. He has to hack his school-supplied chromebook to do that at all, so he got in even more trouble. *facepalm*

oooooops.jpg

well, in the grand scheme of things there's a hell of a lot worse things to be put in ISS for

anyway that seems pretty dumb. i mean, i get it. i get why the school wouldnt want kids tampering with a school-supplied laptop, but it's something akin to having a pencil given to you so you can do math and getting in trouble for drawing an awesome dinosaur instead

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I salt and pepper the steak throw it in a 500 degree pan both sides 1 minute then throw it in the preheated oven at 500 until my internal steak cooking sense tells me its time, take it out, rest it on an elevated surface so any leakage doesn't make it soggy for 2 minutes and eat my perfect steak that's medium rare and awesome

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    That's like movie mafia plausible deniability. That wouldn't even hold up for a white dude in Texas

Well at worked to keep his friends out of trouble, which was the goal. He ate the extra day of ISS instead.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hospitality story:

In college I worked valet at a nice steakhouse in the suburbs. The owner liked me so much that not only did I have a spot there every saturday night, but I also got shift pay from my valet company!

About once a month, there was this couple that would drive up in an old beater. The dude was a smoker so he'd come out occasionally and chat. They weren't fivefigureballers, but this was their BIG TREAT once every few weeks. So they'd get dressed up as best they could and splurge on some meats.

Everyone knew them and treated them like bosses, because you know, they're in the service industry and non-baller money spends just as well.

Also, years after I quit, the owner drunk dialed me a few times asking me to come back. I miss that place.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

wait, what is this?

That's where you divert.

"It's not important how I know, it's important that you're not doing your job to get him the work he needs to be doing."

Worst case scenario, you admit that you are the one at fault

"I circumvented the system so if there was a need, he could get a hold of me quickly and easily because it's apparent you can't do your job."

Seriously, why can't people just do their jobs?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    yeah it was a mistake on my part, I should have known better.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I think I have a sinus infection.

So much phlegm! So grooooossss... :(

• Options
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

wait, what is this?

Narc.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

wouldn't even be murder

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    @spool32 @Eddy‌

1 bottle of wine

@skippydumptruck‌

looooool

Plausible deniability.

wait, what is this?

you muppet :P

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Goddamnit. Too much work for a Friday. Stop dumping stuff in my lap you bastards!

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Oh gods. Ex came by to pick some random stuff up last night.

Wanted to bang.

Like real bad.

I was like PLS NO. AREN'T YOU SEEING SOMEONE?

Flattering for.... obvious reasons but...

Like... c'mon....

I didn't mean you were a persistent weirdo.

Rather Lorc was. And that it was surprising and made Lorc all the weirder had he maintained a compelling and consistent personality such as yourself.

Are you really TTOdewback's daughter?

WHAT

Don't worry, it was all a lie.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

I have done exactly this, and it's fabulous.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I hope I'm not wrong for thinking that it would have been perfectly acceptable if he threw his girlfriend over the ledge instead of himself.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Man, I missed this place.

But I sure got a shitload of work done the past month.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Abdhyius wrote: »

wouldn't even be murder

I called the chiropractor who's business is under my apartment a witch doctor in front of my landlord once and he got all huffy and defensive

I keep forgetting people who aren't internet nerds or medical professionals think they're the real deal

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.