As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    "DUE go to work"

the earth bleeted mournfully

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I deserve all the abuse for the IM thing.

I will get him a PAX LoL skin as penance.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I asked for ketchup for my steak one time at a high end restaurant, but it was only because the wait staff and manager were being complete cocks.

Fuck you assholes, if you're going to insult me by treating me like I'm not good enough to spend my hard earned money at your restaurant, I'm going to insult you too.

What the fuck? Was the waiter like flat out making fun of you or something?

It was a Morton's in Chicago, and they were acting like dicks because we were in jeans and all sweaty from walking around town all day in 90* weather. It was a bunch of little stuff - took forever to get seated, waiter ignored us / took forever, etc.

When we mentioned it to the manager during the obligatory 'how is your meal' he told us that his restaurant is excellent and we must not be used to the quality of service they provide. The way he said it was basically 'you poors need to go back to Applebees'.

If I'm dropping $250 on two entrees and a couple drinks, I expect to be treated like a prince even if I show up in a fucking stained bathrobe.

We left a $.02 tip too, although that probably just reaffirmed the whole 'too low class to eat here' opinion.

It's funny you say that.

One of my coworkers just had a tiff with Mortons. He took his girlfriend there last week and the waiter plopped his steak in front of him such that juices hit his shirt.

The manager offered an empty apology and a card approving payment for his dry cleaning. Didn't even offer a comped beer.

Fuck Mortons.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

D'awwwww

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    what's the homepathic remedy to a broken leg from being hit by a car anyway

they punch you in the broken leg?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The first joke I made was multi-lingual. I was in preschool, and my parents would make me tell it to all adults if they haven't heard it before, because I was a precious child.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    anti vaccine chiropractor who sells homeopathic medicine and has two degrees in natural healing

wouldn't even be murder

I called the chiropractor who's business is under my apartment a witch doctor in front of my landlord once and he got all huffy and defensive

I keep forgetting people who aren't internet nerds or medical professionals think they're the real deal

I only just realised your avatars wasn't a washed our picture of Bowser as I always have in my head.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You know I really dislike the notion that because I joke with people that I am never genuine. This probably offends me more than most personal attacks ever could. I'd argue I'm the most god damned genuine person on these forums thank you very much.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

water

the homeopathic remedy for everything is water

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I asked for ketchup for my steak one time at a high end restaurant, but it was only because the wait staff and manager were being complete cocks.

Fuck you assholes, if you're going to insult me by treating me like I'm not good enough to spend my hard earned money at your restaurant, I'm going to insult you too.

It was a Morton's in Chicago, and they were acting like dicks because we were in jeans and all sweaty from walking around town all day in 90* weather. It was a bunch of little stuff - took forever to get seated, waiter ignored us / took forever, etc.

When we mentioned it to the manager during the obligatory 'how is your meal' he told us that his restaurant is excellent and we must not be used to the quality of service they provide. The way he said it was basically 'you poors need to go back to Applebees'.

If I'm dropping $250 on two entrees and a couple drinks, I expect to be treated like a prince even if I show up in a fucking stained bathrobe.

We left a $.02 tip too, although that probably just reaffirmed the whole 'too low class to eat here' opinion.

It's funny you say that.

One of my coworkers just had a tiff with Mortons. He took his girlfriend there last week and the waiter plopped his steak in front of him such that juices hit his shirt.

The manager offered an empty apology and a card approving payment for his dry cleaning. Didn't even offer a comped beer.

Fuck Mortons.

Wow.

Burger King offers better service.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Translating is always more of an art. There isn't really a language you can do literal translation with and keep the feeling of the original writing.

Doing Japanese there are always these weird puns and phrasing that just doesn't work well in English. A lot of the writing is done in a way that you can assume meaning do to context. Doing direct translation though is a bitch because of it.

A good translator though can bring the meaning and essence of the writing to a new language but probably will never do it through a literal translation.

My happiest moment in learning English was learning that the word "tomboy" exists. In the Egyptian/Sudanese dialects there's the phrase "Mohamed walad" -walad is boy-, that has the same meaning. Sadly, I never got to use it when I worked as an interpreter. I really wanted to.

I wish someone would trace the etymology of Mohamed walad for me.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My friend used to work for a homeopath. She said he was a total narcissist.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    You know I really dislike the notion that because I joke with people that I am never genuine. This probably offends me more than most personal attacks ever could. I'd argue I'm the most god damned genuine person on these forums thank you very much.

VF1HnpD.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • Options

junior gets to take one free swing at daddy

POW right in the kisser

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    spool you shoulda told your son to say that you broke into the chromebook

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

POW right in the kisser

Too dangerous. If spool falls he's gonna break his hip and that story never ends well for people his age.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Fuck

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh‌

The new poster for the Fargo series.

zlrLff8.jpg

It's a nice take on the original movie poster for Fargo.

LTkuFYJ.jpg

@Thomamelas‌ I am going from 0 to excited about this show with surprising speed. I was incredibly skeptical but it seems like the people making it get the whole vibe.

• Options
    Fuck

:(

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

HA! I had a similar experience at Morton's here in Atlanta. My mom's boss had given my wife and I a giftcard for there for a wedding present. We were even dressed decently and we still got treated like shit. Yeah, sorry I'm not the right fielder for the Braves or whoever that is two tables over. But this is a pricey meal and we still spent 150 over the giftcard. Just damn. And what's worse, I love steaks. LOVE THEM. And this place's steak wasn't even that great.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Frog Fractions sure goes places, huh.

More engaging than Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons, more thrilling than The Last Of Us, more action than Bioshock Infinite - truly a masterwork for our generation.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    My friend used to work for a homeopath. She said he was a total narcissist.

you kind of have to be somewhat up your own ass to believe in homeopathy

if you don't honestly believe you know better than every scientist and doctor out there, then you can't believe in homeopathy

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

POW right in the kisser

Too dangerous. If spool falls he's gonna break his hip and that story never ends well for people his age.

Hey, snitches get stitches.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

One of the homeopathic companies got dinged because their stuff contained actual medicine. Trace amounts of penicillin.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

It's funny you say that.

Fuck Mortons.

Wow.

Burger King offers better service.

Yeah, it's funny too because he had actually had to go down there and they still gave him a hard time. They visibly were surprised he returned. We guess that since they were in Times Square, most of their clientelle are tourists, so it was a super empty gesture.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Isn't Morton's a chain restaurant?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jacobkosh‌

The new poster for the Fargo series.

zlrLff8.jpg

It's a nice take on the original movie poster for Fargo.

LTkuFYJ.jpg

Thomamelas‌ I am going from 0 to excited about this show with surprising speed. I was incredibly skeptical but it seems like the people making it get the whole vibe.

I was kinda worried because I was wondering how it was gonna be sustained over multiple seasons but it's just a 10 episode limited series. So I'm getting excited.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

It's not a competition of course

and sometimes I think its a shield rather than 'brutal honestly' and so forth.

But I sense you're a pretty decent guy and the barbs are entirely without real malice.

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

I am guessing they target corporate clients or somesuch

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Coworker at Gym yesterday: I've got to be careful on the upper arm machines because I hurt my shoulder that one time
    Coworker this morning: *gets in a car accident and breaks the shoulder*

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT SHIT

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    morton's is an awful steakhouse

never go there

919UOwT.png
  • Options

Kind of, but it's dumb expensive and has a pedigree. I guess it's supposed to be an upmarket Ruth's Chris.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    on the other hand i am never genuine.

ever.

• Options
    Ruth's Chris is already upper tier here.
    Morton's must be 1%'er

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

I don't understand horrible people that willingly go into hospitality. Some patrons must get off on being treated like shit

i knew a real asshole bartender with a chip on her shoulder

she was pretty convinced that she was just upholding the dignity of her profession and restaurant when she went off on customers for some perceived slight

it was pretty asinine. i saw her drive off so much business

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    The Morton's in Georgetown was awesome

he said because he didn't pay for anything there.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    People e-mailing me about commissioned work are always like super professional and all "Dear Sir or Madam: I am inquiring regarding an offer listed on your website and am willing to exchange the stated amount for your artistic services-"

And I am always like "yo where do u want us to draw the splooge?"

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

Yeah, it's pretty much the Olive Garden of expensive steakhouses.

Faux fancy, mediocre compared to a decent local place, but everyone's heard about it. People also assume that if they are charging $75 for an entree it must be worth it / something special, but really it's no better than a $25 steak in most steakhouses.

Live and learn...

• Options

Kind of, but it's dumb expensive and has a pedigree. I guess it's supposed to be an upmarket Ruth's Chris.

Yeah. It's small for a chain and it really is focused on the upmarket. They use good quality steaks but their cooking staff can be uneven. Some of them will prepare the steak well and it's a pretty damn good steak. Others don't do so well and it's an okay steak.

This discussion has been closed.