As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE BUCS PLAYOFF CHANCES!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited September 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is the one-and-only place to discuss all things NFL and Fantasy Football.

This thread will also feature some sexy NFL Photoshops!

BxOUd-xCAAAyrdb.jpg-large.jpeg

Luck.jpg

baby_andy_reid_costume_picture.jpg

funny-nfl-small-faces-russell-wilson1.jpg

NAD61.jpg

funny%2Bfootball%2Bphotos%2B%25288%2529.jpg

funny-nfl-small-faces-clay-mathews1.jpg

...and your gratuitous Jets fail video, brought to you by the butt fumble.

butt-fumble.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxBEHWFYzbM

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    How can you post a jets fail and its not the butt fumble? Come on now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Deadspin wrote themselves one hell of a lede on the Colbert/Redskins thing.

• Options
    http://deadspin.com/two-former-players-have-desean-jacksons-back-1553870080

Donte Stallworth's last tweet on this is delicious.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    If only there was a social media outlet that let you use more than 140 characters.

• Options
    Madness!

Though it is nice for ESPN white men to moralize about Desean Jackson, the same people that will say that Ray Rice should be allowed to play football this year and Riley Cooper got a bad rap for being a racist.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And Snyder keeps on delivering, as it comes out that the man he hired to head his blanket charity has a history of swindling Native Americans.

...can't make this shit up folks - not enough drugs in the world. At least he's getting his money's worth from Ari and Frank.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Yeah I posted that in the last thread.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    from the last thread:
    shalmelo wrote: »
    semi-related rules bit that has always annoyed me: Why is it OK to stop the clock by intentionally grounding/spiking the ball, but if you intentionally ground the ball to avoid a sack it's a penalty? If intentional grounding is going to be a penalty, then teams in the hurry-up should take a flag and 10 yards (or whatever) if they spike the ball to stop the clock.

Technically the rule is that it's grounding if it's done while under pressure. That's why if you've got like, a sanchez or a tebow back under center all alone and they chuck a ball sideways nowhere near a receiver, it's just a terrible throw and not grounding. Similarly, spiking the ball is only OK when done immediately because there's no real pressure on the QB there.

I only know this because reddit had a thread on this exact distinction like a week ago

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i'm so the opposite of excited for whatever the browns will do during the draft.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i'm so the opposite of excited for whatever the browns will do during the draft.

Jordan Cameron and josh Gordon to pats for 2nd rd pick and mallett

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Preacher wrote: »
    How can you post a jets fail and its not the butt fumble? Come on now.

In terms of infamous New York team fails, I'm a fan of Miracle at the Meadowlands myself.

...and as a Chiefs fan: Meadowlands 2: Philip Rivers' Worst Day Ever.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vaethshuxunvaethshuxun Registered User new member
    Though it is nice for ESPN white men to moralize about Desean Jacksonce310.jpguk31.jpg
    h3t.jpgd3h.jpg

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So Philadelphia has decided to sign Mark Sanchez.

Do they even have a plan anymore?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    God dammit Culliver. First it was the gay bashing before the 2013 Super Bowl, and now a hit-and-run? What a fucking idiot.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    from the last thread:
    shalmelo wrote: »
    semi-related rules bit that has always annoyed me: Why is it OK to stop the clock by intentionally grounding/spiking the ball, but if you intentionally ground the ball to avoid a sack it's a penalty? If intentional grounding is going to be a penalty, then teams in the hurry-up should take a flag and 10 yards (or whatever) if they spike the ball to stop the clock.

Technically the rule is that it's grounding if it's done while under pressure. That's why if you've got like, a sanchez or a tebow back under center all alone and they chuck a ball sideways nowhere near a receiver, it's just a terrible throw and not grounding. Similarly, spiking the ball is only OK when done immediately because there's no real pressure on the QB there.

I only know this because reddit had a thread on this exact distinction like a week ago

To explain this.

The grounding rule is in so you can't throw the ball away in response to being sacked. The result is that the ball goes down essentially as if you had been sacked(or 10 yard penalty if you're closer to the line than that).

But if you're not in pressure of being sacked you're not preventing a sack by throwing the ball away you're just throwing the ball away. So a spike is essentially an incomplete pass just really poorly thrown.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Racial slurs look to lock up Desean, that should make their games must see tv this year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

I thought Kevin Costner was going to save the Browns this year.

• Options
    Apparently they are trying hard for Desean Jackson. Don't know who will throw to him, but its the browns.

Also in sadder not actually april fools fucking news, Donald Trump may be part of a group that buys the Bills.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Racial slurs look to lock up Desean, that should make their games must see tv this year.

If he winds up signing in D.C. I'll take bets on which day of training camp he and DeAngelo Hall get into their first fistfight. Those two dudes HATE each other, which always tickled me when Desean was still an Eagle because he routinely beat Hall like a drum.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Desean Jackson is official for DC. Contract details not yet available, but both sides agreed to terms.

ed: 3 years.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    That makes the Skins quite potent. If RGIII can progress more on the reads and/or get more of his step back. Also if Desean decides to play while wearing red ;).

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The money is $24 mil, $16 mil guaranteed. Not a bad deal.

• Options
    I wonder if he'll be worthwhile for fantasy this year, wait rg wounded knee is still the qb, so probably not.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So it looks like we will be hearing Sherman talk long after his pro career is done. Well done article.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/02/richard-sherman-desean-jackson/

• Options
    He shouldn't to be honest, he's got great observations and his commentary is usually on point.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I should have stopped at the end of the article. To all the people stating Sherman is playing the race card here is the point flying over your head.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    How was he playing the race card? If anything he was playing the "where I grew up" card. Shit I wish I had that close of ties to where I grew up, I know no one from back then.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
  • Options
    Perfect. Though they should have done that last year with regards to being associated with a known dog killer and a racist.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    the article would be perfectly fine if in fact desean was released for having suspicions of gang ties and not because they already wanted to cut him

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    You have to admit releasing them was the worst move though, you can't tell me the slurs wouldn't have dropped a draft pick to pick up Desean. By releasing him don't they owe him 6 mill anyway?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You have to admit releasing them was the worst move though, you can't tell me the slurs wouldn't have dropped a draft pick to pick up Desean. By releasing him don't they owe him 6 mill anyway?

i'm pretty sure they've been trying to trade him for months, don't you remember the trade rumors a month or so ago? if they coulda traded him i'm sure they would've. or else they were holding onto him for while trying to wait out lowball offers, and once this gang report torpedoed his trade value they said fuck it

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    And yet Desean was picked up by the slurs fairly fast with also the browns sniffing his way apparently. So maybe the eagles should have waited.

All I remember about trade rumors is Chip Kelly saying he was staying.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    that's what they always say - the source of the term "the dreaded vote of confidence"

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    i mean the pats signed revis pretty damn quick too, doesn't mean they would've traded for him. if you trade instead of sign after a cut, you guarantee you get the guy, but you also lose some sort of asset and are forced into the previous contract. if you're confident you can sign desean after a cut, there's no reason to give the eagles anything at all, especially when his value has suddenly dropped

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Well all the same I'm sure if he was going to suit up as a patriot you wouldn't have any issue with his supposed gang ties. Not to mention his name is Desean, which is spanish for "The Shawn" not exactly a hernandez type this one.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Why anyone would be excited and willing to go to Washington is my question.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    As a veteran player past his prime Washington is the place to go, they'll give you max box twenty money and you don't have to do shit. See Bruce Smith for example.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

i'm pretty sure they've been trying to trade him for months, don't you remember the trade rumors a month or so ago? if they coulda traded him i'm sure they would've. or else they were holding onto him for while trying to wait out lowball offers, and once this gang report torpedoed his trade value they said fuck it

I've seen mixed opinions about that gang report. Could be that was the final straw and when his value dropped the Eagles just said to hell with it and cut him outright. I've also seen speculation that the Eagles leaked their info about "gang connections" to NJ.com in order to give them a public reason for why they were letting him go. Dunno what to believe, although I seriously doubt that the gang thing was much of a factor. Dude was always a pain in the ass, but they were willing to look past it because of the talent until now. What changed?

I'm reasonably confident that between the return of Maclin, the addition of Sproles and an early pick from what is supposedly the best WR draft in years, the Eagles will be able to replace most if not all of Jackson's production. Still, it pisses me off that they let that much talent walk for nothing, and to another team in the division no less.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    his contract escalates rapidly in the last two or three years; they paid him like nine or ten million total for the first two years, and they were gonna pay more than double that for the last two. They free up a ton of space for the next 2-3 years by cutting him now. Plus he was already agitating for a new contract again. That's probably also why they couldn't trade him.

the kind of gang 'ties' he seems to have are fairly common to dudes who grew up where he did (i.e. he's friends with them because they grew up together) and there's no way kelly recruiting california so successfully at oregon without being comfortable with at least some of that stuff. There's always the possibility the team knows something we don't but most of it so far has been pretty flimsy

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget