As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Forum Badges

1567911

Posts

  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Greetings gentle folk of the illustrious PAX forums. Tis I, your friendly Forum Badge creator. As you know I have placed a deadline of Friday 28th March 2014 before I stop taking names for the back of the badge. Well in my eagerness to set a date I failed to notice that I was attending EGX-Rezzed on that day. Which means I can grant a stay of execution for the cut off date on getting the names on the back of the badge. It is now *drum roll*:

    MONDAY 31ST MARCH 2014

    On that day I shall be sending the image off to the printers via email, which I agreed with them earlier today.

    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png





    GoocruxJake CappsShadowfire
  • MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    Looking great as always! Last year I forgot to pick one up because our group was ridiculously busy. BUT I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE THIS YEAR. :)

    PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
    kropotkin
  • GoocruxGoocrux Registered User regular
    I've posted in the forum before but I just wanted to make sure that I get on.
    kropotkin wrote: »
    On that day I shall be sending the image off to the printers via email, which I agreed with them earlier today.
    Also can you provide a number for how many badges will be printed.
    Thank you :D

  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Goocrux wrote: »
    I've posted in the forum before but I just wanted to make sure that I get on.
    kropotkin wrote: »
    On that day I shall be sending the image off to the printers via email, which I agreed with them earlier today.
    Also can you provide a number for how many badges will be printed.
    Thank you :D

    Not sure. It's dependent on how many names get on the back. Typically I get 250-300 printed.

    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png





  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see them in person!

    X4hAlPn.png

    My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

    "Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Is there somewhere we can see a list of the forumers who's named have been gathered already? Also, is it cool to bring a cheat sheet for the questions? I'm awful at memorization.

    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Is there somewhere we can see a list of the forumers who's named have been gathered already? Also, is it cool to bring a cheat sheet for the questions? I'm awful at memorization.
    I don't know if kropotkin has done any gathering yet. For the cheat sheet, that's usually fine. Shows that you've been here at least :)

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Always my favorite collectible.
    Looks great!

  • jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly certain my name is already on there but better safe than sorry :)

  • VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    I'll toss my name on there, even though I'm not much of a forum regular. Looking forward to picking one up!

    KvTUvIQ.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Is there somewhere we can see a list of the forumers who's named have been gathered already? Also, is it cool to bring a cheat sheet for the questions? I'm awful at memorization.

    Here's the current list of names that I have collected for the badge:

    Kropotkin
    Robert Khoo
    zerzhul
    Moe Fwacky*

    * Edited because I thought Moe had passed the baton to zerzhul. I feel bad :(

    These names have been collected because they meet at least one of the following criteria:

    1) They made the badge
    2) They are Robert Khoo
    3) They are a forum moderator
    4) They contributed to the design of the badge by commenting on the this thread by Monday 31st March 2014

    98% of names come from criteria 4, but I can't vouch for that until that date is reached. So right now, the back of the forum badge has exactly 4 names on it.

    kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png





  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    What's this about badges now? :P

    E6LkoFK.png

    kropotkin
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moe bad.

    kropotkinpeetsnackmiker525
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    and zerzhul good !!!! :p

    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
    zerzhul
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky*

    * Edited because I thought Moe had passed the baton to zerzhul. I feel bad :(
    Well, he's still technically here but it was because I poked him with the thread that he posted ;)

    If only he had time, I'm sure he'd be here more.

    Moe Fwacky
  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    So Moe...satisfactory?

    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    Does that leave Khoo with Ugly?

    KvTUvIQ.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    We don't operate in a trinary space.

    Moe Fwacky
  • A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    I can not wait for this!

    Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I loved my forum badge from last year. Count me in. Thanks for doing this again!

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • KomiKomi Registered User regular
    I can't even honestly remember if I posted here, but I'm making sure I do so my name is on it. Love how the design turned out.

    -PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    The question I usually ask is "Can I just tell you my name is on the back?" that generally works.

  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    The question I usually ask is "Can I just tell you my name is on the back?" that generally works.

    No no and FIVE TIMES NO.

    The people behind the BYOC desk are specifically told that this will not be sufficient evidence that you are a forum member. The simple reason being that you cannot prove you are who you say you are and they have no way of knowing people are taking the same name. The questions exist to vet forum members as they are the only ones who can get forum badges. If you visit the forums regularly then you will have zero problems answering the questions.

    So if you want to pick up a badge during PAX East you need to go to the BYOC desk and answer a simple question. Claiming that you are [forum name] just does not cut it and will not work.

    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png





  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    The question I usually ask is "Can I just tell you my name is on the back?" that generally works.

    No no and FIVE TIMES NO.

    The people behind the BYOC desk are specifically told that this will not be sufficient evidence that you are a forum member. The simple reason being that you cannot prove you are who you say you are and they have no way of knowing people are taking the same name. The questions exist to vet forum members as they are the only ones who can get forum badges. If you visit the forums regularly then you will have zero problems answering the questions.

    So if you want to pick up a badge during PAX East you need to go to the BYOC desk and answer a simple question. Claiming that you are [forum name] just does not cut it and will not work.

    but... I'm moe fwacky... :(

    7B14287.png
    miker525zerzhul
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    you can't count on that. however, i will say that the question "is your name on the back, and what is it" was totally asked of me last year. i said "ilta" and then they handed me a badge. but i wouldn't count on it. study up!

    also, please add my name, if it's not already on there.

  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Looking forward to these as always!

    AN9buWz.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to add to my collection!

    fclLCwN.png

    Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Can I just say I am the one that always makes Zerzhul wonder why he volunteered for the job ?



  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hah. Anyone that's still here isn't that bad ;)

    Moe Fwacky
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Hah. Anyone that's still here isn't that bad ;)
    Other then Moe. Moebad

    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    zerzhulpeetsnack
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I think I missed out on this last year. Boo. Not this year!

    Is there enough room on the back with all that text already? I'm sure that was discussed in here already, but, you know, laziness. Ha.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • TgeeksterTgeekster Registered User regular
    Just wanted to make sure I jump in this thread to get in on the forum badge. I really dig the design this year. See you guys in 2 weeks :)

  • Paxman90Paxman90 Registered User regular
    I would love to get in on the forum badge too if possible! Thanks very much!

  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Paxman90 wrote: »
    I would love to get in on the forum badge too if possible! Thanks very much!

    I'm happy to inform you that the possibility of getting 'in' on the forum badge is indeed positive. HUZZAH! As for you lurkers, yes I'm talking to you, yes you playing THREES on their phone. STOPPIT and respond to this thread! You have 3 days left at the time of making this post.

    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png





  • RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    You have 3 days left at the time of making this post.

    There are only 3 days left to get on the badge because PAX is so close you guys. :grin:

  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    My universe is almost complete

    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    2 weeks to go. So ready for this.

  • chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    So badges can be picked up Thursday at the pre-PAX boardgame night, or Friday at the BYOC desk, yes?

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, as far as I know, although they will be at the BYOC desk usually after noon on friday until mid-day Sunday.

  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yes, as far as I know, although they will be at the BYOC desk usually after noon on friday until mid-day Sunday.

    The oracle of all PAX Knowledge is almost right. You can pick up the Forum Badges from the BYOC desk from midday Friday until 4pm Sunday :smile:

    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png





    JayDfromMA
Sign In or Register to comment.