As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Fractions

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    man I love my boss though, taking care of this shit on his time off because he's awesome

"If this happened to me or mike or someone it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but you need that money, you got rent to pay, I will take care of this for you and you will have your pay before the first"

<3

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    man I love my boss though, taking care of this shit on his time off because he's awesome

"If this happened to me or mike or someone it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but you need that money, you got rent to pay, I will take care of this for you and you will have your pay before the first"

<3

rad

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    yeah if that happened to me right now I'd be annoyed but I'd be okay

if that happened to me six years ago my mind would be full of fuck

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    And I'm 34. I really, really need to start thinking about where I'll be at 60 or 65.

The company I work for is really good regarding all that. There is a company pension, a mortgage assistance program, various deals with other companies for discounts (We get a discount with Audi for some weird reason I can't fathom). Not to mention the financial perks of living in a proscribed zone (The North gets certain tax breaks from the government).

I'm only a couple years behind you, and I've been having a bit of a mid-life crisis. Personally, I'm not shooting for 60 or 65; more like 40. I want to have the flexibility to be in the position to say, "I really don't need this job. If you don't stop acting like a goose, I'm going to walk out of that door right now."

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So the valiant crew of the PAChat1 manned by Gonmun, @Tav‌ (Mantis), @Shivahn‌ (human) & @Cinders‌ (Zoltan) are off to fend off the evil invasion.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    hello chat

how are things

paid off the remaining balance of my student loans on Friday. feels pretty good.

Nice

My auto Loan Is down to 3k. When that's paid off it should make balancing my budget a little easier.

yeah, not having the auto loan payments (got rid of those a few years back), and now the student loan payments, are a big win in feeling like there's progress being made in the savings department. plus the reduction in stress knowing that there is wiggle room in the budget is pretty boss.
    The worst part about not having a car payment is when you want/need to replace a car and you realize that means you'd have a car payment again.
    Don't get me wrong, that's a minor down side to paying off a car, but it's there.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    hello chat

how are things

paid off the remaining balance of my student loans on Friday. feels pretty good.

Nice

My auto Loan Is down to 3k. When that's paid off it should make balancing my budget a little easier.

yeah, not having the auto loan payments (got rid of those a few years back), and now the student loan payments, are a big win in feeling like there's progress being made in the savings department. plus the reduction in stress knowing that there is wiggle room in the budget is pretty boss.
    The worst part about not having a car payment is when you want/need to replace a car and you realize that means you'd have a car payment again.
    Don't get me wrong, that's a minor down side to paying off a car, but it's there.

So I went around this by actually making a "car payment" every month into an investment account for a few years after paying off the car. Bought into some investment vehicles that pay 1-3% dividends and have only really moved -5% - +5% over the past few years.

Once I need to get a working vehicle again, I'll be able to pay for it in cash. No loan necessary. Also, I don't plan on replacing my car until I need to do so (or see that I'll need to replace it within 1-6 months in the future).

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    Aww yeah kick rebel ass.

Shivahn on
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Woah, Céline Dion took position on the in going election. Colour me surprised, she's always been the type to keep her politics to herself.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ah, my fine pet. So fat. So delicious. nomnomnomnomnom

I massage his little chicken shoulders and tug at his plump chicken legs.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ahaha, I got annoyed at hearthstone so... I played some sc2. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a dumb move. and I've got a diablo character to level, guaranteed less frustration than losing to another human

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    ahaha, I got annoyed at hearthstone so... I played some sc2. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a dumb move. and I've got a diablo character to level, guaranteed less frustration than losing to another human

Have you been liking the Diablo expansion?

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Thus far @Tav has been amazingly adept as our gunner, even with claws for hands. @Shivahn‌ has been hit a bit since the engines seem to be what everyone aims at (but she's putting up a fight and is awesome at fixing the O2 room) and @Cinders‌ has been adept at keeping our shields alive.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Poo, I was trying to straighten the fur on his little chicken ears and he walked away.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Any of youse have a PS4? I kind of want a PS4. The new infamous game looks fun - though I didn't get into the 2nd one if that matters. I also wouldn't mind replaying black flag I guess...

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

Have you been liking the Diablo expansion?

I've played way too little to fairly say tbh

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Still warm, 16 C and its nearly 9pm

Spring!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Woo got a 90 on my tax test last week.

Jean wrote: »
    Woah, Céline Dion took position on the in going election. Colour me surprised, she's always been the type to keep her politics to herself.

I bet she is a United Empire Loyalist.

And now Rockman @Kalkino has joined our crew after rescuing he and his crew from an ailing space station.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    FTL spoiler: you will lose

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    overpriced pizza never came.

They apparently tried to call me three hours after I ordered it but I had long since given up hope of pizza and gone to bed at that point

I am far more hung over than I should be as a result

I should eat something but bllllleeeehhhhh

overpriced pizza never came.

They apparently tried to call me three hours after I ordered it but I had long since given up hope of pizza and gone to bed at that point

I am far more hung over than I should be as a result

I should eat something but bllllleeeehhhhh

I remember when you ordered this

Don't underestimate Rockman "Iceman" Kalkino, as they called him back in the academy.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Nooo, Sinister Serpent has been Forbidden. It's, like, my favourite card.

And now I have freed an engi named @kedinik‌ from the bonds of slavery. Things are looking up as we traverse our third system now.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I have to stop accidentally partying too hard

Don't underestimate Rockman "Iceman" Kalkino, as they called him back in the academy.

I did the Kessel Run pretty dammed fast yo

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ico was fun. It's a game about beating things with sticks until they learn. (They do learn.)

Gonmun wrote: »
    And now I have freed an engi named kedinik‌ from the bonds of slavery. Things are looking up as we traverse our third system now.

Finally my programming can serve justice.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Woo got a 90 on my tax test last week.

90 is great, but I bet if you used loopholes, you could've scored at least a 150.

And no sooner do we warp to our next beacon that we come across a confused and frightened Mantis named @So It Goes‌ who seems ok with tearing her pursuers apart with her claws when I teleport her over to their ship along with Kalkino. The opposing crew didn't see it coming.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

I did the Kessel Run pretty dammed fast yo

Yeah you did it in like less than 50 miles. That's how fast you are.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

Never be sorry for party rocking

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Damn did everyone here get crunk last night? Am I alone on planet Hadtowork?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »

Never be sorry for party rocking
    Ugh my stomach is sorry

Damn did everyone here get crunk last night? Am I alone on planet Hadtowork?

I've mainly been working. I went out for dinner and drinks last night but I was too ill for much of either.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @skippydumptruck‌

i stayed up too late drinking with you. i woke up today (having slept through my alarm) at 2:39. have to be in work at 3:00 for a three hour deli-training module. i sprint around the house to yakety sax, roll into work at 3:01. i figure yeah i'm sick as hell, nose running, hungover- but this is just a computer based training thing, right? no big deal. i don't feel guilty about getting people sick, because i ain't working with food.

i look across the store. cue six coworkers huddled around the district manager who is making a sandwich. this is very much a hands-on training thing!

my manager takes one look at me, says "jesus christ dude you don't look good, go home! you can't be around food!"

i waddle back home

._.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Hangovers for everyone!

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So I went to a board gaming gettogether and I think I made friends and had a lot of fun. :D

Positive social experience:get!

This discussion has been closed.