As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prison Facts "They" Don't Want You To Know About

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    sure empires come and go, but if Countdown was cancelled there'd be riots nation-wide.

You should make a Countdown robot, one that's able to draw the cards and announce what they are.

I have never heard of this Countdown thing before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfa3MHLLSWI

Crazy, a math-based game show?

Oh, no, that's just one round. The other rounds are letter/word based, they draw 9 letters (choosing either consonant or vowel) and try to make the longest valid word possible out of those letters within a time limit.

Why haven't we stolen this yet?

A startling display of sanity on behalf of the TV networks?

Letters and Numbers is pretty popular on SBS. It's fun to watch if there's nothing else on.

wait, I don't know about this -what is it? when is it on? how long has it been on? Is there an SBS cultural institution I'm not aware of? what??!?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    speaking of SBS, Germans and Austrians alike are totally baffled by our country's love of Inspektor Rex.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    pTETvnm.jpg

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I once saw that lady say that she was a big fan of Nirvana, because their singer is now in the Foo Fighters.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I once saw that lady say that she was a big fan of Nirvana, because their singer is now in the Foo Fighters.

Whatever happened to Kris Novoselic?

Incidentally, I remember Nirvana's live performance on MTV in 1993 where he threw his bass into the air, didn't gauge the force of gravity correctly, took his instrument to the face and staggered off-stage clutching his skull.

And then Dave Grohl left his drums and shouted into the mic, 'HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL!' for an eternity.

I think that was about the time that The Downward Spiral came out and I found something else to listen to.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    sure empires come and go, but if Countdown was cancelled there'd be riots nation-wide.

You should make a Countdown robot, one that's able to draw the cards and announce what they are.

Oh, no, that's just one round. The other rounds are letter/word based, they draw 9 letters (choosing either consonant or vowel) and try to make the longest valid word possible out of those letters within a time limit.

Letters and Numbers is pretty popular on SBS. It's fun to watch if there's nothing else on.

wait, I don't know about this -what is it? when is it on? how long has it been on? Is there an SBS cultural institution I'm not aware of? what??!?

I haven't watched it in quite a while because I'm a flash cunt with Foxtel, so I don't know. It's basically countdown, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQyyiAiATA

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    A flash cunt? Please, Chris, explain this in detail.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »

It's a charge move.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

It means my pants are fancy.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Other English-speaking countries use the c word like punctuation. It never fails to amuse me.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular

This usage satisfies me.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    8 out of 10 cats does countdown is great

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Weaver wrote: »
    8 out of 10 cats does countdown is great

Bizarrely it takes two shows that I would never watch and turns them into one show that I would.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

Don't know.

Don't care.

I'll take ten.

The lack of bedazzled vagina is a huge disappointment.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

I haven't watched it in quite a while because I'm a flash cunt with Foxtel, so I don't know. It's basically countdown, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQyyiAiATA

Funniest part of that video to me.

"It's very similar to Wheel of Fortune."

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    No one wanted to post the practically NSFW countdown clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHhw_x-gHxI

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Whatever happened to Kris Novoselic?

Incidentally, I remember Nirvana's live performance on MTV in 1993 where he threw his bass into the air, didn't gauge the force of gravity correctly, took his instrument to the face and staggered off-stage clutching his skull.

And then Dave Grohl left his drums and shouted into the mic, 'HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL! HI, AXL!' for an eternity.

I think that was about the time that The Downward Spiral came out and I found something else to listen to.

Krist went into politics. He plays bass on "I Should've Known" on the last Foo Fighter's album 'Wasting Light'.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options

I don't think that's legit?

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular

Don't know.

Don't care.

I'll take ten.

The lack of bedazzled vagina is a huge disappointment.

Vajazzled.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

I don't think that's legit?

I don't think you're legit.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    2 legit 2 quit?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Not legit enough to start, apparently.

• Options
    Oh, I'll start! I'll start on all of youse! Barry, hold me beer.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
  • Options
    my high school history education was weirdly eclectic

in part because australian history is so boring, i think

there was a lot on the aborigines and how we killed them all, a bit on our participation in the world wars, another bit on sixties counterculture and the rise of the new left, some greece, some rome and a whole thing about 20th-century china

also probably some convict stuff but i've blocked it out

• Options
    Is Dungeons and Dragons popular in most prisons or is Huntsville the anomaly?

Risk, people will stab you over Risk, and not just within the game, you bump a saved Risk game, you better go to solitary.

did we just skip this

how did we skip this

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Is Dungeons and Dragons popular in most prisons or is Huntsville the anomaly?

Risk, people will stab you over Risk, and not just within the game, you bump a saved Risk game, you better go to solitary.

did we just skip this

how did we skip this

I've played Risk games at my house that people were about half way to stabbing each other over, ain't no thing.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Studying history in college has made incredibly pissed off about the way American public schools cover history

particularly in areas where America was being a total dick (what wasn't ignored was spun as right wing as possible)

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    my high school was basically all about the horrors of imperialism, so when people talk about how right-wing their education was it always takes me a moment to catch up

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Studying history in college has made incredibly pissed off about the way American public schools cover history

particularly in areas where America was being a total dick (what wasn't ignored was spun as right wing as possible)

It really depends on the state.

I mean its ludicrous to me some kids didnt learn about Ronald Regan tearing down the berlin wall with Jesus

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    didn't you hear

ronald regan was the greatest american president (this was a drum my family liked to beat)

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I get most of my history from Crash Course, these days.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Truthfully, I always wonder what the history lessons are like in other schools.

I went to a mostly black school growing up so it was pretty much all slavery and civil rights with a bit of WW2 thrown in.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    A teacher yelled at me because I said Actors shouldnt be president. Still stand by that for the most part

He busted out Regan but at the time I wasnt really versed in presidencies that occured while I was an infant.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    didn't you hear

ronald regan was the greatest american president (this was a drum my family liked to beat)

The best thing is to find one of these people and remind them that Reagan raised taxes, granted amnesty to undocumented workers, and helped create the Taliban by funding and arming mujaheddin in Afghanistan.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I get most of my history from Crash Course, these days.

Crash Course is so good.

John Green is so handsome.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    didn't you hear

The best thing is to find one of these people and remind them that Reagan raised taxes, granted amnesty to undocumented workers, and helped create the Taliban by funding and arming mujaheddin in Afghanistan.

You know I've also been reading up on a lot more about past presidents and man you know when you start reading up on Nixon, Watergate was probably the least interesting thing about how much of a dick he was.

Yet, its all anyone ever really mentions.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    ronald reagan was a traitor. there isn't really any way around that fact.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    From what I see, all this action in the middle east has been one long bid by first world parties to get at dat oil that's been going on since WW1.

That always ends up blowing up in their faces.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    ronald reagan was a traitor. there isn't really any way around that fact.

but obama is the worst president

all the way until another democrat is voted into office

Miss me? Find me on: