As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Solicitations for December 2007

13»

• Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Awesome, that GLC cover shows that Soranik Natu is alive when the war is over. :^:

Also, Incognegro looks like a winner for me. Hell, I'll probably pass it around to my family when I finish reading it. I'm sure they'll find it interesting.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    hey wwtmask are you black

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    The concept for that Booster Gold story is... interesting.

Has the series been worth picking up thus far? I don't even know how many issues there have been.

If you enjoy good things then this series is for you.

So far, the new Booster Gold series is awesome, but as they said, only two issues.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Keith wrote: »

God, why's everything gotta be about race with you people?

Yeah, I am. Cue "I'm Black Y'all" from CB4. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    What do you mean by "you people"?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just noticed Metal Men's missing from the list.

Still, the GL titles all look interesting, and I may pick up the Query's mini, Ostrander's Suicide Squad, Checkmate, and a few other things when they come out in trade.

I'm kind of looking forward to Arena due to the sheer trainwreck factor, but I'm really kind of disappointed that Champagne's being wasted on editorially controlled stuff like Countdown and those dreadful WWIII issues after he displayed such competency writing GLC.

Munch on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I love your strategy Munch. Wait on trades for the fantastic books and buy one that, in your clearly delusional mind, is "destined to be a trainwreck"

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Why isn't Kyle wearing a ring in that GLC cover? Is he getting the Ion powers back, do you think?

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Champagne had a pretty good fill in arc on JSA just before OYL too.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    Why isn't Kyle wearing a ring in that GLC cover? Is he getting the Ion powers back, do you think?

Doesn't he still have the starheart powers from jade or whatever?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    What do you mean by "you people"?

I think you know what I mean, Keith.

Also, I noticed there's no Welcome to Tranquility on the list. I do not approve. :v:

wwtMask on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Iroh wrote: »

Doesn't he still have the starheart powers from jade or whatever?

Yeah, I guess. I am pretty ignorant of Green Lantern history, so I wasn't sure which one lets him cruise around with no power ring.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

God, why's everything gotta be about race with you people?

Yeah, I am. Cue "I'm Black Y'all" from CB4. :P

God I love that movie

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oddly enough, I may be the only black guy in America that hasn't seen that movie. I did see that bit though.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask have you seen The Last Dragon

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    I love your strategy Munch. Wait on trades for the fantastic books and buy one that, in your clearly delusional mind, is "destined to be a trainwreck"

I like owning good stuff in a cheaper, higher quality format often packaged with extras, and crappy stuff in single issues that I can give away or dump at thrift stores when it's no longer convenient to have them around. The only time I buy good stuff in singles is when it's important enough that I'd like to read it before it gets spoiled for me.

Munch on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    getting tired of alex ross covers

Thats why they have a variant. For person like you.

doesn't change the fact that i'm getting tired of them

they're boring

I know, you mention it ever issue.

Well maybe he should learn how to convey emotion and backgrounds

But don't you get it? They're so HUMAN!

You know, if you look behind the lack of emotion.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Sho' Nuff. I have it on DVD, since no one ever wants to play the damn movie on TV anymore. Actually, this makes wish for a Bruce Leroy comic series.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

Sho' Nuff. I have it on DVD, since no one ever wants to play the damn movie on TV anymore. Actually, this makes wish for a Bruce Leroy comic series.

okay

just verifying my coworker's claim that every black male has seen the movie

(i have also seen it, we have something in common!)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm pretty sure that's true, assuming the black dude wasn't born in the last ten to twelve years. It's fucking awesome. :^:

wwtMask on
  • Options
    mulliganmulligan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    man, everytime the DC solicits come out, it reminds me of why i don't read much DC.

seriously, those covers are fucking awful. at least the ones in the OP are.

mulligan on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mulligan wrote: »
    man, everytime the DC solicits come out, it reminds me of why i don't read much DC.

No, your tastes are just horrible.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    mulliganmulligan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

i'm sorry, i guess i just don't like the taste of shit. :D

mulligan on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah.

The covers are really all a comic book has to offer.

Lux on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

i'm sorry, i guess i just don't like the taste of shit. :D

I just took a look at the Marvel solicit covers and I don't see how they're any better. Unless of course you think every cover that doesn't have Wolverine or Spider-Man is a piece of crap.

Anyway, I must be the only guy around here that's looking forward to Death of the New Gods. I haven't read any of Starlin's other stuff but I loved Mystery in Space.

It seems Morrison is continuing his 'three Batmen' storyline though, which I thought was wrapped up with Batman #666. Oh and Blue Beetle still looks and sounds godly.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid