As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPhone Voicemail Management

DrezDrez Registered User regular
So I'm looking to do two things:

1) Backup all my current voicemails. Preferably this would contain metadata so I can always trace back to who/when but at minimum I want to back up the audio file and I can just name the file by the who/when. Any ideas?
2) Use an .AIF file as my voicemail greeting. I haven't had luck googling this. I don't know that it's even possible. I was a Kickstarter backer for that Jonathan Coulton project and one of my rewards was a voicemail he recorded. That was many months ago and I have yet to figure out how to get it on my phone.

Any ideas?

I have an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

• Options
    Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    We're gonna need a sketch of the iPhone and maybe a few comic strips about what you're hoping to achieve before trying to help you out.

(Might have more luck posting this elsewhere.)

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Did I not post this in H/A?

Sorry.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    This is all pretty easily done via jailbreak, but barring that, I'd say play the file over some speakers and record it on your phone? I think your greeting is actually stored on your carrier's side so I don't think you'll be able to just upload it as a file.

As far as I can tell the latest jailbreak worked on the 7.1 betas, but I don't know if it'll work on 7.1 itself. It does work on 5s's.

This article shows the file locations. It's pretty old but as far as I know still accurate. At least it gives you a place to look.
    http://lifehacker.com/399404/how-to-transfer-iphone-voicemail-to-your-computer/all