As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Little specks in my closet (insect stuff?)

RendRend Registered User regular
Hey everyone. Doing some major spring cleaning and I see a bunch of blackish specks on one of the shelves in my closet. I assume these are either eggs or poops (most likely the latter) of some sort of small creature. Can someone identify them for me?

Picture, with a quarter for scale.
specks_zpsdf783729.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Any spiderwebs nearby (maybe in the upper corner above the shelf)? Those look like dead fruit flies, or possibly fruit fly eggs.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Looks like cockroach poop to me. Though there may be no infestation they can get to and survive in some strange places for a very long time without food or water.

Clean it up and see if it comes back.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Looks like cockroach poop to me. Though there may be no infestation they can get to and survive in some strange places for a very long time without food or water.

That would be really weird because I definitely have never seen a roach here, but if it can exist even without an infestation... hmm...

Rend on
  • Options
    ThundyrkatzThundyrkatz Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    how long has it been since you cleaned that spot? Especially in an apartment. We found some odd stuff in the apartments we lived in that once cleaned never came back. It may have been there since before your time.

Thundyrkatz on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    dispatch.o wrote: »

That would be really weird because I definitely have never seen a roach here, but if it can exist even without an infestation... hmm...

Pro-Tip: If you see a roach (or mouse, or any other infester), the infestation has more than likely gotten really really bad.

Very first thing I thought when I saw that picture was roach poop