As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Tis hot here. Time to move to Antarctica

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    R5RLS04.png?1

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I know we're not doing Tabletop RPG music suggestions anymore, but something just struck me, and I feel compelled to talk about it.

The Stronghold Crusader OST is just golden for medievalish settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnDJOm1J_Vk

This has been a Delayed Afternoon Epiphany with your friendly neighbourhood nerd.

Good day, sirs.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Holy shit. Worked fucking solutions to my vector calculus problems! I feel like I'm actually learning things as opposed to thinking "yeah I'm fucked" everytime. The brain is a difference engine bitches and it works by studying differences.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zkjDBQwalw

God, Apocalyptica was such an amazing album.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Oh my god, if anyone actually wants to know where the center of government bureaucracy are in the US, its the ATF and the IRS.

dealing with the ATF is like dealing with a middle school administrator who is trying to interpret a latin encyclopedia without knowing latin.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    i am not very photogenic

someone points a camera at me and my face tenses up it is awful

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    i am not very photogenic

here is a file selfie of me to make you feel better by comparison
    lKk89zO.gif

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i am also not very photogenic

someone points a camera at me and my face appears it is awful

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Elendil are you familiar with the concept of positive self-talk?

• Options
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elendil wrote: »

so you're invisible until the moment someone takes a picture

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    :whistle: Take me down to the internet city
    Where the lag is low and the lulz are mighty :whistle:

• Options
    Elendil, have you tried Estrogen?

It worked for me.

Now I am adorable.

• Options
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Elendil are you familiar with the concept of positive self-talk?
    i'm not cool enough to talk to myself

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

so you're invisible until the moment someone takes a picture

uh, yeah

Elendil is a ghost in the chat-canon

it is known, khaleesi

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Oh my god chat

The Blacklist is so good

• Options
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Happy Tom-Foolery Day [Chat]
    *sets all your houses/apartments on fire*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    my new least favorite thing: help line that transfers you to voicemail.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Anyone got experience importing stuff to the UK? Wondering how much customs are gonna charge on a £30 model kit thing?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i am not very photogenic

i always look like i'm mildly displeased about something.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Anyone got experience importing stuff to the UK? Wondering how much customs are gonna charge on a £30 model kit thing?

I want to say 10%, but there may be a floor amount. I generally don't import stuff from abroad if they're going to slap a revenue tax on it, as having my stuff held to ransom once was very irritating.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Mormon apologetics can get very bury the pastish, maybe even more so than other religious apologetics. The previous President of the Mormon church:
    Mike Wallace: From 1830 to 1978, blacks could not become priests in the Mormon church. Right?

Gordon B. Hinckley: That's correct.

Mike Wallace: Why?

Gordon B. Hinckley: Because the leaders of the church at that time interpreted that doctrine that way.

Mike Wallace: Church policy had it that Blacks had the mark of Cain. Brigham Young said, "Cain slew his brother, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin."

Gordon B. Hinckley: It's behind us. Look, that's behind us. Don't worry about those little flecks of history.
    Yes, denial of the priesthood, something that generally all adult male Mormons receive, to blacks based on them being the cursed offspring of Cain with their snub noses and black skin being the curse, is just a little fleck.
    On Larry King Live (September 8, 1998, after Hinckley was asked about polygamy): "When our people came west they permitted it [polygamy] on a restricted scale."
    This is false given that Joseph Smith had multiple wives. Also the vast majority of leaders practiced polygamy. Brigham Young taught that it was the right form of marriage.

Or very bury the present.
    Don Lattin (San Francisco Chronicle religion editor, interviewing Gordon B. Hinckley, April 13, 1997, p 3/Z1): "There are some significant differences in your beliefs [from other Christian churches]. For instance, don't Mormons believe that God was once a man?"
    Hinckley: "I wouldn't say that. There was a little couplet coined, "As man is, God once was. As God is, man may become." Now that's more of a couplet than anything else. That gets into some pretty deep theology that we don't know very much about."

Quoted in Time Magazine, Aug 4, 1997: "On whether his church still holds that God the Father was once a man, [Hinckley] sounded uncertain, `I don't know that we teach it. I don't know that we emphasize it... I understand the philosophical background behind it, but I don't know a lot about it, and I don't think others know a lot about it.'"

OK, I promised to stop talking about Mormonism.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

nothing, AFAIK, it sounds like it is well within your allowance

EDIT: nevermind, mail not travel changes this probably

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hmm. So it'll just be VAT of like £3 and Royal Mail's "handling fee" then? Neat. Wonder how long it'll take. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    EU or not?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

This is sort of my area! In that people ask me things at work and I direct them to websites:
    http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Agh

@Deebaser‌

These fucks didn't classify self as restaurant

MY DOUBLE POINTS

I hate that

QVZDZ2ql.png

@""Shazkar Shadowstorm"‌
    Thanks for reminding me. I will Sapphire up, today. Maybe I'll do it at the bank since I have to pick up rent anyway.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    oh my god guys

food is so good

sooo goooood

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It depends on where you're shipping from as well.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Winky wrote: »
    oh my god guys

food is so good

sooo goooood

yeah me and food go way back

guess what
    you can eat food 3-5 times a day

• Options
    also hoyl shit orange juice -> coffee is. . .wow

• Options
    more than maybe 4 seems excessive

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    oh my god guys

food is so good

sooo goooood

yeah me and food go way back

guess what
    you can eat food 3-5 times a day

lololol

you can

(your "having the ability to buy food" privilege is showing)

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    more than maybe 4 seems excessive

nah

light snacks dawg

• Options
    It's coming from Glorious Nippon.

Consolation prize for talking myself outta getting a PS4; a dumb model I've always wanted.

Ya gotta assemble it!

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.