As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    more than maybe 4 seems excessive

5 small meals isn't bad.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    also hoyl shit orange juice -> coffee is. . .wow

Did you put orange juice in coffee?
    Did you infuse orange juice with coffee beans?
    Did you have orange juice then coffee?
    Is ". . .wow" a workflow object?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

nah

light snacks dawg

your ability to buy snacks privilege is showing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    also hoyl shit orange juice -> coffee is. . .wow

Did you put orange juice in coffee?
    Did you infuse orange juice with coffee beans?
    Did you have orange juice then coffee?
    Is ". . .wow" a workflow object?

no i was drinking oj and then i took a sip of coffee (i usually have 2-3 drinks going in the morning)

strange but enjoyable transition

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Winky wrote: »

5 small meals isn't bad.

unless three of them are ramen or grilled cheese I'm calling it bourgeois

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Fuck me. My wife, roommate, and I are looking into renting a house because 3 bedrooms just isn't enough for 3 people + 1 baby. Our first house we looked at was AMAZING... 4 bedrooms, finished basement, big kitchen... Perfect for us BUT we figured we might not want to apply for the first house we saw and figured we could have looked around for other places.

That was on Thursday and apparently on Saturday they told us someone already put in their application and if their credit check goes through then they'll get the place. I KNEW we should've just gone for it but I'd hate to take the first place we saw. Ugh... Now the next place we're going to look at (sometime next week) is going to be much more expensive (for my wife and I it's going to be ~$280 more a month) for the same amount of space.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    It's coming from Glorious Nippon.

Consolation prize for talking myself outta getting a PS4; a dumb model I've always wanted.

Ya gotta assemble it!

heh heh

I bet you've always wanted to assemble your sleek "robot" in a "hole"

heh heh heh

wait shit you have a lot more sex than I do this doesn't work

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Drain kittens claws are like this post:

To the point

• Options
    look at more places

look at a thousand places

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

nah

light snacks dawg

actually we get most of our stuff catered for free at work

so no money of mine is spent

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i want to bring something up but i don't know that it will go over well even if I approach it from the most delicate of angles. well, i'm pretty much certain that it won't go over well, which is why i haven't addressed it.

• Options
    also eating five times a day is fine

-big breakfast

-light snack before lunch (fruit)

-small lunch

-light snack before dinner (fruit/nuts)

-small dinner

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    look at more places

The problem we're running into is that it's fucking expensive as hell to rent.

4 bedrooms + 2 full baths = > $1500 a month in Ohio. Right now we pay $1050 for 3 bedrooms + 2 full baths but it's an apartment.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Fuck me. My wife, roommate, and I are looking into renting a house because 3 bedrooms just isn't enough for 3 people + 1 baby. Our first house we looked at was AMAZING... 4 bedrooms, finished basement, big kitchen... Perfect for us BUT we figured we might not want to apply for the first house we saw and figured we could have looked around for other places.

That was on Thursday and apparently on Saturday they told us someone already put in their application and if their credit check goes through then they'll get the place. I KNEW we should've just gone for it but I'd hate to take the first place we saw. Ugh... Now the next place we're going to look at (sometime next week) is going to be much more expensive (for my wife and I it's going to be ~$280 more a month) for the same amount of space.

never hesisitate.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    bring it up with us or your better half or little timmy

my advice is respectively: just share it it'll be fine, honesty is not always the best policy if she's not gonna find out about you and your secretary some other way, tell him his dog ran off don't say the truth about you backing over him

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

nah

light snacks dawg

so much privilege

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i want to bring something up but i don't know that it will go over well even if I approach it from the most delicate of angles. well, i'm pretty much certain that it won't go over well, which is why i haven't addressed it.

We're all big kids here (if you are talking about bringing it up with us).

Just follow the glorious edict and say your piece, yo.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Mormon apologetics can get very bury the pastish, maybe even more so than other religious apologetics. The previous President of the Mormon church:
    Mike Wallace: From 1830 to 1978, blacks could not become priests in the Mormon church. Right?

Gordon B. Hinckley: That's correct.

Mike Wallace: Why?

Gordon B. Hinckley: Because the leaders of the church at that time interpreted that doctrine that way.

Mike Wallace: Church policy had it that Blacks had the mark of Cain. Brigham Young said, "Cain slew his brother, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin."

Gordon B. Hinckley: It's behind us. Look, that's behind us. Don't worry about those little flecks of history.
    Yes, denial of the priesthood, something that generally all adult male Mormons receive, to blacks based on them being the cursed offspring of Cain with their snub noses and black skin being the curse, is just a little fleck.

Look, I'm not a mormon, but the dude doesn't have much of another option.

I mean, can we really hold all mormons everywhere for all time responsible for the shitheads of the past?

Certainly it's not something to gloss over, and should be recognized as a terrible thing of the past, but I can at least appreciate the notion of trying to move on and do better in the future. They're not super good at that either, but hold them responsible to now, not then.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

Do it have to be bought up, or can you choke down your rage/concern/irritation?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

nah

light snacks dawg

I remember the days of working at an oncology practice.

Never had to buy lunches ever. Free catered lunches all the time, just keep that procrit/chemo/etc flowing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

We're all big kids here (if you are talking about bringing it up with us).

Just follow the glorious edict and say your piece, yo.

Also posts like that make me want to know more.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

never hesisitate.

Are you already drunk Deeb?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

nah

light snacks dawg

so much privilege

hold on let me check it

mmmmm

delicious privilege

• Options

never hesisitate.

no

he's still drunk

• Options
    look at more places

The problem we're running into is that it's fucking expensive as hell to rent.

4 bedrooms + 2 full baths = > $1500 a month in Ohio. Right now we pay $1050 for 3 bedrooms + 2 full baths but it's an apartment.

I'll just have to take your word that that's expensive

but yeah renting sucks

I'm living in an apartment my dad bought, because turns out interest + communal costs for the building - tax benefits for having less wealth < renting

having money is a big money saver

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

never hesisitate.

alternatively, although I don't know how much this applies to renting, look for the places where there's already been a showing and that haven't been sold yet

they may be getting a little hot under their collar and the broker might be thinking he overestimated the interest in it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Mormon apologetics can get very bury the pastish, maybe even more so than other religious apologetics. The previous President of the Mormon church:
    Mike Wallace: From 1830 to 1978, blacks could not become priests in the Mormon church. Right?

Gordon B. Hinckley: That's correct.

Mike Wallace: Why?

Gordon B. Hinckley: Because the leaders of the church at that time interpreted that doctrine that way.

Mike Wallace: Church policy had it that Blacks had the mark of Cain. Brigham Young said, "Cain slew his brother, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin."

Gordon B. Hinckley: It's behind us. Look, that's behind us. Don't worry about those little flecks of history.
    Yes, denial of the priesthood, something that generally all adult male Mormons receive, to blacks based on them being the cursed offspring of Cain with their snub noses and black skin being the curse, is just a little fleck.

Look, I'm not a mormon, but the dude doesn't have much of another option.

I mean, can we really hold all mormons everywhere for all time responsible for the shitheads of the past?

Certainly it's not something to gloss over, and should be recognized as a terrible thing of the past, but I can at least appreciate the notion of trying to move on and do better in the future. They're not super good at that either, but hold them responsible to now, not then.

There are plenty of organisations, especially religions, which have crappy stuff in their past.

The Mormons' problem is that their past is so much more recent.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    http://consumerist.com/2014/03/31/nhtsa-new-vehicles-must-have-rearview-technology-starting-may-2018/
    In four years, when you buy a new car or truck it’ll have a rearview camera as a standard feature. That’s because it’ll have to under a new rule just issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    The NHTSA just issued its final rule after delaying it the first time around — the requirement was supposed to go into effect by 2014 but was pushed back in 2012. The agency says it took its time to make sure the rule was flexible enough, pointing out that many automakers have already started installing systems on their own.
    The rule applies for all vehicles under 10,000 pounds, including buses and trucks, that are made on or after May 1, 2018. All those vehicles will have to include technology that expands the field of view to allow drivers to see behind the vehicle in a 10-foot by 20-foot swath.

...aaand the NSA/FBI/Verizon/China gains access to the largest realtime CCTV network in existence by 2020.

• Options
    How I Met Your Mother's finale seems to have had noticeable impact.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

bogart are you the most british man alive

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    So someone in Teipei got my facebook password somehow and tried logging in, and facebook locked my account.

See, kids, this is why you do not use the same password everywhere.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

never hesisitate.

"Do a I really need to add another 's'?" Is the hesistation against which Deebs is warning!

• Options
    Towerfall expects me to have friends in my physical vicinity?

What is this bullshit?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Starting April off right by getting into it with my Landlady. Everything is fine and dandy until you're lease is coming to an end.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The bottom of this is amazing

BkI8R45IEAE8V6R.jpg:large

• Options

bogart are you the most british man alive

Look we didn't build the largest empire the world has ever known by talking about our feelings. We did it by swallowing all that rage and frustration, bottling it up, then unleashing it on whatever peace-loving nations were fool enough to build their cities on valuable land.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ordered it

weeb stats

increasing

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    How I Met Your Mother's finale seems to have had noticeable impact.

This was the best suggestion I heard for the finale a while back:

"...and that's how I met your mother."
    "Mom, where did you and dad meet?"
    "Dating website."
    *Black Screen*

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Starting April off right by getting into it with my Landlady. Everything is fine and dandy until you're lease is coming to an end.

giggity?

• Options
    "Sorry about the river of shit" says Miljøservice Volda, was a headline today

BbvTOtRKC0D9k0QkwTCgrwTR9zjU1kmMl7jFqCGcvRag.jpg

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.