As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I want to play Monaco

Let's play Monaco

All of you Monaco owning peeps I know you're listening

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Disclaimer: I don't watch HIMYM.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i want to bring something up but i don't know that it will go over well even if I approach it from the most delicate of angles. well, i'm pretty much certain that it won't go over well, which is why i haven't addressed it.

Do it have to be bought up, or can you choke down your rage/concern/irritation?

bogart are you the most british man alive
    I met him.

Yes

Yes he is.

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I eat precisely once every day, typically consuming a few pounds of carbohydrates and something to go along with it for my all-important dinner.

Saves on dishes.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Every time I look at my lease renewal I cry a little bit more.

$1100 is a lot of money when you don't live in NYC.

Especially when mortgages here are like $500. Feels like they should be like washing my butt with liquid gold to keep me here or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    bring it up with us or your better half or little timmy

my advice is respectively: just share it it'll be fine, honesty is not always the best policy if she's not gonna find out about you and your secretary some other way, tell him his dog ran off don't say the truth about you backing over him
    i shall leave it vague for now. maybe i'll share later. so i'll just drop it and wrestle with it internally.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    I eat precisely once every day, typically consuming a few pounds of carbohydrates and something to go along with it for my all-important dinner.

Saves on dishes.

I can eat up to six times a day, depending on how many pigeons I manage to catch.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh thank god she found my notice.
    Now I don't have to deal with that.

Bless your heart.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

There should be a word for enjoying the pained cries of people who have been invested in something for years, only to have their hopes and dreams for a fitting finale crushed into dust. Schadenfraude doesn't seem specific enough.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    bowen wrote: »

Especially when mortgages here are like $500. Feels like they should be like washing my butt with liquid gold to keep me here or something.

I find myself wishing to have a rent like that at times... then I look at my apartment and my location and I'm cool with it again.

but if I didn't care about those things, and could settle for a similarly sized apartment in North Carolina or something... holy shitballs, I would be so baller with my income.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I want to play Monaco

Let's play Monaco

All of you Monaco owning peeps I know you're listening

I am in class, first of all

Second of all, I'm gonna be super busy because I lose a week-end's worth of time for schoolwork due to PAX East

Third of all: SHOUNEN, Winks.... Why no shounen?

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I pay €750 a month (including utilities) for a 1-bedroom in The Hague. It's expensive but my alternatives are living with roommates, moving back in with the parents or becoming a single mom and applying for social housing.

Aldo on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    sup bros

919UOwT.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I thought it was brilliant when I was 25. Those characters were just like me and my friends! Then I got older and the characters were still like me and my friends were at 25.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    my half of the rent is. . .close to four figures

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    "The Hague" just makes me think "imprisoned for war crimes".

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Seriously, i am regretting my choice to go to PAX East right now, due to all the finals I have to study for and all the assignment I have to turn in.

Y'all PAX Easters better make it worth my while... OR ELSE!

• BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

There should be a word for enjoying the pained cries of people who have been invested in something for years, only to have their hopes and dreams for a fitting finale crushed into dust. Schadenfraude doesn't seem specific enough.

Lostenfraude

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Ubero-Scootenfrooty

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular

That's the sad part... I do a "mortgage" calculator and it's like 900 or so a month for a nice 4 bedroom house or $1500 a month to rent.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    http://consumerist.com/2014/03/31/nhtsa-new-vehicles-must-have-rearview-technology-starting-may-2018/
    In four years, when you buy a new car or truck it’ll have a rearview camera as a standard feature. That’s because it’ll have to under a new rule just issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    The NHTSA just issued its final rule after delaying it the first time around — the requirement was supposed to go into effect by 2014 but was pushed back in 2012. The agency says it took its time to make sure the rule was flexible enough, pointing out that many automakers have already started installing systems on their own.
    The rule applies for all vehicles under 10,000 pounds, including buses and trucks, that are made on or after May 1, 2018. All those vehicles will have to include technology that expands the field of view to allow drivers to see behind the vehicle in a 10-foot by 20-foot swath.

...aaand the NSA/FBI/Verizon/China gains access to the largest realtime CCTV network in existence by 2020.

This is a stupid response and you should feel stupid.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Seriously, i am regretting my choice to go to PAX East right now, due to all the finals I have to study for and all the assignment I have to turn in.

Well, you'll remember it, which is more than we can say for Deebaser

Ludious on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Do you live in a bad ass house? I mean I pay over 1500 for rent, but the area I live in is expensive, and I'm not ever really concerned about getting stabbed in the morning walking to my car. Your in NY country which should mean you pay duck squat for rent. Maybe it's time to start looking up moving companies.

You still have a week to get your shit sorted.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My favourite German loanword right now is kummerspeck.

Deebaser wrote: »

You still have a week to get your shit sorted.

Yeah, i know.

The big problem is... I'm a slacker.

*reclines in chair*

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I went to bed after my last post because it was too cynical and I made myself depressed

also I was tipsy

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    BSoB wrote: »

Lostenfraude

O.O
    *drops chalk*

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    21stCentury if you don't go to PAX East I will do something

I don't know what yet

but it'll be something you don't want

threatening

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    The problem with the priesthood ban is that it was instituted by various prophets back to Brigham Young (Joseph Smith made at least two black men priests) who are supposed to have a direct connection with God. The typical apologist claim is to claim that the prophets were only acting as men, but the priesthood ban was considered to be inspired doctrine by the LDS church until like a few decades before they ended the ban in 1978. Brigham Young taught that it was basically the law of God along with other things like miscegenation being punishable by death being a holy law. I'm also not sure that you can count something well within living memory as just a minor historical thing.

From 1949:
    "The attitude of the Church with reference to Negroes remains as it has always stood. It is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord, on which is founded the doctrine of the Church from the days of its organization, to the effect that Negroes may become members of the Church but that they are not entitled to the priesthood at the present time. The prophets of the Lord have made several statements as to the operation of the principle. President Brigham Young said: "Why are so many of the inhabitants of the earth cursed with a skin of blackness? It comes in consequence of their fathers rejecting the power of the holy priesthood, and the law of God. They will go down to death. And when all the rest of the children have received their blessings in the holy priesthood, then that curse will be removed from the seed of Cain, and they will then come up and possess the priesthood, and receive all the blessings which we now are entitled to."

President Wilford Woodruff made the following statement: "The day will come when all that race will be redeemed and possess all the blessings which we now have."

The position of the Church regarding the Negro may be understood when another doctrine of the Church is kept in mind, namely, that the conduct of spirits in the pre-mortal existence has some determining effect upon the conditions and circumstances under which these spirits take on mortality and that while the details of this principle have not been made known, the mortality is a privilege that is given to those who maintain their first estate; and that the worth of the privilege is so great that spirits are willing to come to earth and take on bodies no matter what the handicap may be as to the kind of bodies they are to secure; and that among the handicaps, failure of the right to enjoy in mortality the blessings of the priesthood is a handicap which spirits are willing to assume in order that they might come to earth. Under this principle there is no injustice whatsoever involved in this deprivation as to the holding of the priesthood by the Negroes."

It wouldn't be the first time something taught as doctrine given by God was declared no longer to be doctrine given by God. The doctrine given by Brigham Young acting as a prophet that Adam and God are the same person has been called on of the most pernicious heresies by some higher up.

Basically, Brigham Young was a giant jackass.

Couscous on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    http://consumerist.com/2014/03/31/nhtsa-new-vehicles-must-have-rearview-technology-starting-may-2018/
    In four years, when you buy a new car or truck it’ll have a rearview camera as a standard feature. That’s because it’ll have to under a new rule just issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    The NHTSA just issued its final rule after delaying it the first time around — the requirement was supposed to go into effect by 2014 but was pushed back in 2012. The agency says it took its time to make sure the rule was flexible enough, pointing out that many automakers have already started installing systems on their own.
    The rule applies for all vehicles under 10,000 pounds, including buses and trucks, that are made on or after May 1, 2018. All those vehicles will have to include technology that expands the field of view to allow drivers to see behind the vehicle in a 10-foot by 20-foot swath.

...aaand the NSA/FBI/Verizon/China gains access to the largest realtime CCTV network in existence by 2020.

This is a stupid response and you should feel stupid.

I assumed it was a joke

ftOqU21.png
    simonwolf wrote: »
    21stCentury if you don't go to PAX East I will do something

I don't know what yet

but it'll be something you don't want

threatening

I'm going to PAX East.

In the end, my degree is a lot less important than a week-end at nerd central with internet friends.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    How the fuck is it impossible to remove a Radio Station in Spotify??

21st, do you have room in ur room?
    I think someone from chat may need a couch.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have long been of the opinion that many problems could be solved by people brutally suppressing their own emotions and refusing to talk about their feelings.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    is it

someone sexy from chat?

I'm not going but I still want to write erotic fiction about what happens there

ftOqU21.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if Bogart is the most British or English person I've met. If he could choose the appropriate flag and obtain by tattoo that would help.

Japan is probably more British as he has lived in two different Britons and has a Viking ish beard. He also loves bikes and motorsports.

That being said, Bogart would suit a monocule better, but perhaps Japan could rock the top hat?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Deebaser wrote: »
    21st, do you have room in ur room?
    I think someone from chat may need a couch.

I don't think I could be that couch, sadly.

because of reasons I am slightly too embarrassed to disclose.

(Let your imagination go wild)

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I thought you weren't going to post about Mormonism

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I am happy to let someone sleep on me as a couch-substitute

This discussion has been closed.